We were amazed at the beautiful lobby as we arrived. The Corinthia is a splendid place with magnificent public areas and lovely rooms. We opted to stay in the Executive Level, and, upon going to the front desk, were told that we should proceed to the Executive Lounge where the staff would check us in. From that point, we felt like royalty. The room was spacious and nicely appointed, and the bath was mostly marble with both tub and shower. Most rooms face into an atrium rather than the street. This presented no problem because lots of sunlight came into the room, while cutting down on any street noise. Overall, we would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Budapest. Although not located on the Danube, where most of the highend hotels are found, the Corinthia is an easy walk to most areas, and public transportation is just outside the hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Corinthia Grand Budapest
- Corinthia Grand Hotel Royal
- Corinthia Grand Hotel Royal Budapest
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- First opened in 1896 as the Grand Hotel Royal; a hub for the elite of nineteenth century society, and painstakingly restored to its original glory some hundred years later, the Corinthia Budapest – located in the heart of the city - brings together classic hotel opulence with the finest five-star luxury of modern times. While the gracious frontage, marble floors, sweeping staircase and breathtaking, six-story Atrium preserved from the original building offer glorious hints of a bygone age, the levels of comfort and convenience are all reassuringly up to date.A particular feature is the hotel’s original Royal Spa centre, with 15-metre pool, now extensively refurbished by the current owners to reflect the very best in 21st-century spa luxury while retaining the grandeur of the past. Without doubt the finest hotel in Budapest. Built in classic French Renaissance style, the Grand Royal became a beacon of luxury in the days of Emperor Franz Joseph 1. Designed as a centrepiece of Hungary’s celebrations to mark its first thousand years, the hotel’s grand-style architecture and unrivaled guest facilities were seen as state-of the art for the times. Much of the building was destroyed in the 1956 Hungarian Revolution and despite re-opening in more modest form in the 1960’s, the Grand Royal remained a shadow of its former self until the 1990’s; when new owners Corinthia Hotels gave the green light for an extensive restoration project that would retain the best of the old, while sensitively adding the new. Once restored to its original splendour, the newly named Corinthia Hotel Budapest re-opened its doors, as a five-star luxury property, in 2003. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Corinthia Hotel Budapest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.