“Definitely not a luxury hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #113 of 332 hotels in Budapest
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
“Definitely not a luxury hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed here in Budapest with a tour group. The location was perfect, centrally located and within a 30 min walk of almost every site to see, public transportation everywhere as well. The free internet was a nice plus as well, and the front desk staff were accommodating and helpful (we arrived at 11:30am after a 10 hr flight and although no rooms were available, they got us a room within 30 mins). The concierge also helped with dinner reservations one night.

However... we did have some problems unfortunately. The room was not that clean and had an old 80s decor. Although the shower was strong and hot, the towels were very thin which is surprising for a hotel that's suppose to be "luxury".

The breakfast buffet in the morning was also not appealing so I would recommend exploring some of the other eating establishments around the area. Overall, it was OK but not what we were expecting.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
PeaceBudapest, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Beke Hotel, Budapest, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your review with us on Tripadvisor website. I very much appreciate your comments regarding to the location, the front desk staff, the concierge and the free internet access.
However, I was very sorry to learn that you were quite disappointed with the room’s equipment. I have to agree that the style is really up to someone’s taste. However, I would like to be aware of the fact that all departments have been informed about the specific remarks you made and all your comments will be discussed in the departmental meetings.
I do hope that despite your mixed feelings, we have the opportunity of welcoming you back at the 100 years old Radisson Blu Béke Hotel at some point in the future.
Yours sincerely,

463 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Zurich, switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This hotel is not the prettiest but it one of the best and central locations!
It was very reasonably priced and decent hotel. I would stay here again.
Hotel Staff were very friendly and helpful.
Great value for Money, even for a last minute booking.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
PeaceBudapest, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Beke Hotel, Budapest, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for having chosen our 100 years old Radisson Blu Béke Hotel, I am happy that our property could live up your expectations. I was also glad to read that our staff and services made your stay more enjoyable.
I do hope we may have the opportunity to host you again in the not so distant future. If you have any question, please do not hesitate to contact us!

Budapest
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

It's an alright hotel. The Other Radissons in the world we had the pleasure to stay at we're much nicer, but its still alright in a great location with all kind of public transportation nearby. Positives - real nice staff at the garage, iron in the room, fridge... Needed to have the feather pillows exchanged for no allergic ones, our request was accommodated in a fairly short time, dudes for that!
And the things that weren't all that great at all: wifi wifi and once again wifi! We've had constant trouble with the Internet connection, a basic thing when one is traveling for business. When asking for another code the receptionist told us to get downstairs and fetch it from him. At 430 am? We didn't really think so. Room service didn't do as great, empty plastic bottles were left all over the place, so was the dust on top of the fridge, but overall the rooms were kept clean.
The bathroom was small, the windows didn't really block out the street noise, but we were tired enough to not to let that bother us. The interior of our room was pretty 90's but kept in shape alright.
This is yet another one of those hotels, where a littleinvestment, some motivation and effort from management and staff could get the place bk to the top. The potential is there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
first and foremost, let me thank you for your comment left on Tripadvisor.
It was great to read that you were impressed by our location and transportation facilities and also with our staff.
Thank you for your remark about the Wi-Fi service. I am happy to inform you, that next week we will start to improve the capacity of the Wi-Fi connection to satisfy our guest’s needs in every possible aspect.
I am really sorry for the attitude of my colleagues at the reception desk, please be ensured, it will not happen in the future anymore.

The entire staff of the Radisson Blu Béke Hotel is pleased to be at your disposal when staying with us next time!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed with a group and were moved here from another hotel for logistical reasons. Location is quite good. 20 min walk to the main square and about the same to Hero Square where we went to the thermal baths which were also good. The breakfast was quite an assortment of hot and cold food there was also the option for eggs to be cooked to order. We enjoyed our stay here and didn't find it too far from things if you're happy to walk about 30 min.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
I appreciate your feedback you posted on Tripadvisor website about the 100 years old Radisson Blu Béke Hotel.
I am glad to read you were impressed by our central location where you can find several attractions near to the hotel. I am really happy that you were satisfied with the breakfast and the service of the show kitchen.
Let me thank you for staying with us! It was our pleasure to serve you and make your stay more pleasant. I hope to meet you again in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us if we can do anything for you!

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Perfectly situated hotel and the staff were mostly very nice but the exceptions were not. Tea and coffee facilities were extremely poor: everyday we had to ask for coffee as there was only one sachet, but two people in the room; everyday we had to ask for tea as there was one sachet, but two people in the room - no milk was ever provided! When we arrived there was one towel! Everyday the maid tried to get in the room to clean at 6.30 am!!!!!!! Everyday she said sorry, then did it again the next day. When we asked for a jug if coffee with breakfast, we were ignored. The shower curtain was too short so water sprayed all over the bathroom, the shampoo etc were watered down and whilst the hotel was not dirty per se, it wasn't as spotless as one us accustomed to these days.

I most definitely wouldn't go again.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest,
first and foremost let me thank you for staying with us at our 100 years old Radisson Blu Béke Hotel and for your valuable time taken to share your experiences with the travelling community regarding your recent visit.
I was glad to read that you have been pleased with our central location and with our staff. However I regretted to read about your issue with the chambermaid. I will forward your remark to the head of housekeeping. There is a continuous effort on our side to train our employees and improve our services, that is why your comment is very much appreciated.
Again, I feel sorry for the inconveniences.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope, despite your mixed feelings we have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Warsaw, Poland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

It was a short business trip so I thought I'd stay in a hotel near the office even though I had been warned by my colleagues not to expect too much. And right they were..
On arrival I asked for an upgrade to a higher category room which apparently I was offered ( for extra 20 EUR per night). So I went to the room which was large and had all the additional facilities I needed like a kettle and an iron. When I tried to use the kettle the electricity went out and I had to call the reception to have it fixed - it took just a minute but was afraid of using the kettle again. Still, I had not so many occasions as when I tried to go to sleep it turned out that my room faces a really noisy street with trams, motorbikes, etc. So just after midnight I went down to the reception asking if they had another room facing the yard and not the street. Fortunately they had one and many thanks for that as it allowed me to sleep.
The room I was relocated to (no 507) was not so large but had all the same facilities and looked better than the original one. Still I was not charged extra on departure so not sure if it was an upgrade or not - but I liked it anyway.
Breakfast was OK - choice ample - quality nothing special. On one of the nights I ordered a glass of wine at the bar downstairs however when checking-out they had no sign of the bill I had signed with my room number on the night before even though I informed them of this purchase. Not surprisingly, they charged my credit card the day after but it was rather annoying.
Another unpleasant point was when I could not connect to the WIFI in my room and I called to provide me with another code as the one I had seemed not to work. All I heard from the person who answered was that I needed to go down to the reception to fetch the code myself. As if he could not read it out to me. Literally 6 or 7 letters... He claimed there were 15 people in front of him waiting for check in so he has no time to read out codes for WIFI. Within 2 minutes I was downstairs and ... saw nobody at the reception apart from 2 guys- receptionists chatting with each other. They must have been really efficient with this check-in :-)

All in all, the hotel is old but not charming; the staff and the rooms are hit& miss - some are acceptable some are not. Will try another place in BUD next time...

Room Tip: unless you sleep like a log - don't even try a room facing the street with trams.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
PeaceBudapest, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Beke Hotel, Budapest, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for taking your precious time to post a comment about Radisson Blu Béke Hotel.
I am really sorry to read that our hotel did not meet your expectations in some aspects. It is possible, that your first room was noisy, because it is facing the Grand Boulevard, which is one of Budapest busiest streets, with a well-established public transport, but I am happy to hear that the staff was able to find you a quieter one.
I am sad to read that my colleagues did not read the code out for you due to their business and you had to go down to the reception for it and of course I forwarded your remark to the Front office manager.
I regret that not every department and every service were up to your expectations. There is a continuous effort on our side to improve our services and we are grateful that you shared with us your unfortunate experiences, in details.
We do very hope you will find the time and opportunity to return to our hotel and that we can regain your confidence.

Best regards,
Rita Tóth
Sweden, Europe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We spent the weekend in Budapest, Hungary, as always staying at a Radisson hotel. That is because we are members of the Club Carlson, and we can earn points to spend on hotel nights. But we haven´t seen a Radisson hotel yet not meeting up to our expectations.

We took a cab from the airport, very cheap indeed. The hotel provides transportations, but wanted to me to send my credit card number in a mail, and that is not happening. Otherwise we could not order the taxi. Anyway, just line up outside the airport and get the Fu-taxi, drives for no cost at all.

Location of the hotel wasn´t the best when you want to see a capitol. Back yards with dark buildings that have seen better days, and pee on the pavements....But we took a walk along the river and that was beautiful. Saw the castle and a lot of beautiful buildings.

Back to the hotel. Room was spacey and clean, bed was large but a little hard, pillows were flat. There is a coffee machine, a large safe, mini bar, ironing equipment and outside in the hall there was an ice cube machine.

First morning we had breakfast in the main restaurant. There wasn´t much to choose from, for example no cheese! The next morning we had to sit in another room where there was even less to choose from. This is the worst breakfast I have ever seen in a Radisson hotel.

We had a couple of drinks in the bar. Drinks were good, even tho the bartenters looked grumpy.

Over all, I think the hotel was ok but not the location.

Oh, I forgot one funny thing! There is a swimming pool and a sauna in the basement. Don´t go there if you don´t want a Hungarian man staring at you in the sauna...he just opens the door and walks right in to see if you did take off your swimming trunks. He points his finger if you haven´t. Unless you are a lady, then you don´t have to....there is one sauna for both men and women. Swimming pool is small, and I have to put my hair into a pony tail otherwise he wouldn´t let me in the water....said it was very crowdy so he didn´t know what locker to give us, we had to share...but there were 3 more people in the pool. Maybe he thinks that is a lot of people?
We didn´t stay long.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I appreciate your feedback you have recently posted on Tripadvisor.
On one hand I am glad to read that the room amenities met your expectations, but on the other hand I am also sad, because you were not impressed by our central location, where numerous city sights and buildings can be found on the neighbouring streets, for example the Hero’s Square, Andrássy Street, or the Opera House.
Thank you for sharing your remark about the breakfast service that it is a big help to meet and exceed our guest’s needs.
I regret to read about the issue in the pool area, due to your comment, we are sending our colleague to training.
Once again, thank you for your review. I trust we can look forward to welcoming you back to Radisson Blu Béke Hotel.
Kind regards,
Rita Tóth
PR Manager

Been to Radisson Blu Beke Hotel, Budapest? Share your experiences!