“Very nice but some rooms can be noisy” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #116 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Brussels, Belgium
“Very nice but some rooms can be noisy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I really liked the hotel - rooms are nicely appointed, so are the common areas. The room had all the necessary amenities, including coffee/tea making facility, always a big plus in my book. The WiFi was free and work smoothly. Breakfast was enjoyable.

The hotel is located on a very busy street with a very frequent tram service (every 3 minutes or so) which is very good news for those using public transport and not so good for those trying to sleep. My room was facing the street and I found the tram quite troublesome.

I was quite disappointed by the check out procedure. While the check-in was smooth, I had to queue for good 15 minutes to settle my bill. There were only two clerks working at the front desk around 8 o'clock in the morning and the queue was getting longer with every minute. Both of them worked as fast as they could and remained friendly and professional. It is the process that seems to be blamed – it requires lots actions, including finding the hotel registration card in the filing cabinet. Surely, this process can be improved, so this extensive - and in my view unacceptably long waiting time - can be reduced.

My overall impression was very good and will gladly stay there again.

Room Tip: Street facing rooms can be noisy
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as part of a Eastern European tour. The hotel is very clean, the staff are polite and attentive. The location was central to a lot of Pest. We had to take a bus to Buda. All in all a very nice play to stay.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
PeaceBudapest, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Beke Hotel, Budapest, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Let me thank you for your kind feedback left on Tripadvisor. This is an honour to receive such a positive feedback about the hotel, the staff and location.
The entire staff of Radisson Blu Béke Hotel is pleased to be at your disposal when staying with us next time!

portsmouth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We have just returned from a very pleasant stay at this hotel. Excellent and friendly staff at reception. Rooms were clean and comfortable with good facilities. The buffet breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice and staff working hard to replenish during the peak. There was at least one Dutch tour coach staying and hotel coped well with the demand. This hotel is perfectly situated for sightseeing as it is within 200 metres of the main rail station which is a focal point for all modes of public transport. We used bus (200E) and mainline train from airport to city centre at cost of 750Ft per person (£2.50 each way). The only minor criticism with the hotel was that our rooms were a little too hot and turning down the thermostat didn't make a lot of difference. This is probably because it is still early and liable to be cold, which was not the case during our stay. Overall we thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: 8th Floor rooms were very peaceful and provided rooftop views of the city.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
PeaceBudapest, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Beke Hotel, Budapest, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Let me thank you for your review left on Tripadvisor about your recent stay at Hotel Radisson Blu Béke.
I was pleased to read that our hotel and its location could live up your expectations in every aspect and you spent an enjoyable time in Budapest.
It was our pleasure to serve you and we sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you in the not so distant future.

Zagreb, Croatia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

If you want to stay in a great location for a great price, then choose Radisson Blu Beke hotel. Old fashioned, but in good shape. Breakfast buffet is basic, but you will not stay hungry. Rooms are OK, but no soundproof windows. Service is very good, our every request was met with a smile and quick action. Swimming pool is really small and gym is basically part of swimming pool area with 2,3 machines. Location is absolutely great, and if you arrive by car, hotel has underground garage that costs 20EUR per day. Definitely hotel in Budapest that I will choose again.

Room Tip: As windows are not soundproof, ask for the room in the back of the hotel, so you don't hear traf...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stayed here in March 2013 - I literary arrived at 1am in the morning and had checkout out by 9:00 so I can't give an deep insight into this hotel.

Location is excellent and the hotel from the outside and the lobby looks quite impressive. Not too sure why but they seem to have a wax-like statue of Winston Churchill with a British Bulldog in the lobby.

Rooms and furniture were a bit bland but for my purposes this was fine. Had a good nights sleep though the noise from the outisde was quite audible.

For those that don't have breakfast in their rate they have a free coffee and croissant service in the bar area in the lobby which was fine for me - sometimes I can't see the point of spending $25 or so to have just a yoghurt, orange juice and a coffee.

My usual hotel checks:

Free wifi: CHECK!
Free Gym: Not sure - but probably not.
One switch near bed to turn off all room lights: NO!!
Real Orange juice: Don't know.

Staff were friendly and helpful.

All in all, a good solid choice. No frills but pricing quite keen.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
PeaceBudapest, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Beke Hotel, Budapest, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

first of all, let me thank you for sharing your reviw with us and Tripadvisor community.
Your comments on our central location are much appreciated.

The statue with the dog in the hall is Mr. Foster and Jack, they were the first frequenters of the hotel and since the hotel is celebrating its 100th birthday this year, they are playing an important role in the remembrance.

I am delighted to see that you availed yourself of the free croissant and café, because we think it is very important, that nobody should leave the hotel without having a small breakfast.
We trust we may have the pleasure once again-even just for a short time again- to welcome you to the Radisson Blu Béke Hotel.

Kind Regards,

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Outdated furniture and old-fashioned rooms, but they're very clean, neat, and not as noisy as I feared after reading the reviews. The location is great--right next to the Nyugati train station, close to the West End Mall, and on a major street with no shortage of basic necessities. The Oktogon, connecting to Andrassy street, is a five minute walk away--turn left and you're on the way to City Park. Turn right--to the opera house and, further, the Danube. The trams are also right there if you feel lazy (the 4 or 6, going every few minutes).

Only complaint is the lack of irons and kettles / coffee makers in the room. I'd also add that breakfast / brunch is overpriced, but considering the amazingly low price I got from a travel site for the room, I'll hold those back. No problems with service at all.

• Stayed March 2013
PeaceBudapest, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Beke Hotel, Budapest, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you very much for sharing your opinion with us and other readers of Tripadvisor. I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay and experiences at Hotel Radisson Blu Béke.
I am really sorry to read about the lack of irons and coffee makers. The hotel is going through an electrical system replacement and modernization at the moment, and after finishing it, these electrical equipments will be available in each room.
Thank you for staying with us, I do hope we may have the pleasure again to host you, should your future travel plans bring you back to the city.

Kind regards,

Ljubljana, Slovenia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The Radisson beke is a bit old fashioned but good hotel.
It's true that it's not the newest and this is obvious when checking out the decor, but anyhow the equipment and furniture are maintained perfectly.
I booked a standard room and it was very big and clean, no complaints. Breakfast buffet is good and the food in the restaurant as well.
The best thing about this hotel is the service. Everyone was very nice and helpful, especially the older guy working in the pool/sauna area. Private garage for parking is also very useful and not too expensive.
Only negative things for me were the noisy room facing the main street and the pillow, which did not suit me (too soft).
taking everything into consideration, I would recomend this hotel, if you get a good price for it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Let me thank you for staying with us at our Hotel Radisson Blu Béke and for your valueable time taken to share your experiences with the travelling community. I was glad to see that our breakfast- and parking service and the pool area met your expectations and you had a pleasant stay with us.
I was sad to read about the noisy room facing the main street. We also have rooms which are facing to the courtyard, so if you would like to stay in a less noisy room, feel free to ask our staff.
During your next stay, please feel free to use our “One Touch” service to ask for another pillow, which is made from other material and our staff will help you in a minute.
Again, thank you for sharing your review with us. I hope, we may look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel one day.

Yours sincerely,