“Wonderful Place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 329 Hotels in Budapest
Rumson, New Jersey, United States
“Wonderful Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed there March 12 to 22 this month. Room was great, clean, comfortable bed. Friendly staff throughout the hotel. Had breakfast every morning in the dining room, had the same waiter every day (except for his day off!), Josef. Very attentive, friendly and happy to please us. Remembered my friend always drank tea instead of coffee, remembered I always liked cream with my coffee. The dining room supervisor Fiorella also was very friendly, took care of us, remembered us, always asked about our events of the previous day. I disagree with a review I read just now about the hotel not being close to attractions. We purchased a 14 day transportation pass and found our way around using metro, tram and train. The hotel is a walk indoors to metro stop. It is adjacent to a huge mall which would make it easy to purchase items you need but maybe forgot to bring. Using metro not too difficult to figure out and definitely safe. People are friendly and eager to help. At one point we had asked directions and had 5 metro workers in their orange vests trying to help us as we did not speak the language.
Water was left in the room for us every day, but drinking the tap water is fine. My daughter is living there now studying a semester abroad and loves Budapest. We do too now that we have been there.
Front desk people also could not have been friendlier. Would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
janthomsen_hilton, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

I was very grateful to read your ample and generous review about your recent stay. I am pleased that you have been fully satisfied with our central location, could easily discovered the city and found our services very attentive and personalized. Thank you very much your nice comments on my team. I’m going to forward it in person to Josef and Fiorella, they are our greatest asset. I hope that you will stay with us again, once visiting your daughter during her studies.

We are looking forward to welcome you again at the Hilton Budapest WestEnd!

Jan Ebsen Thomsen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed here from the 15th to 17th of March. The staff are absolutely fab, the rooms are clean, extremely comfortable beds and chairs (wanted to take it back with me :-). Breakfast was included in our deal and I have no complaints whatsoever. Budapest really has some of the most friendly people I have come across. Thank you

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Let me thank you for your nice review, I am glad that you felt your stay was fabulous highlighting the comfortable beds, delicious breakfast and friendly Hungarian hospitality. Last year we have changed our beds to the most comfortable Serenity beds and matrasses in order to ensure a luxurious experience for our guests.

We hope to welcome you again at our hotel in the near future!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed on a club floor, and the facilities in the club lounge were very useful, but it really is annoying to have free wi-fi there, but have to be given a code which is only valid for an hour. I really don't understand the point of that. The room was warm (it needed to be, it was sub-zero outside) and clean, and the staff were very helpful. The gym equipment was new and quite good. There was an covered shopping complex with direct access to the hotel, very useful if you need to pop out and get something, but generally there was nothing ethnic and nothing you couldn't buy outside Hungary, so not interesting for tourists. It is supposedly 10 mins walk to Parliament, but it seems more than that. It is a bit too far away from the tourist attractions, but very reasonaly priced. HELPFUL TIP we took the 2222222 taxis everywhere instead as the taxis from the hotel are triple the price. The hotel will call them for you.

Room Tip: Club floor have useful executive lounge facilities
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
janthomsen_hilton, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review and your nice recommendations of the Executive Lounge and its facilities. I am sorry to hear that the hourly access Wi-Fi code in the lounge caused you inconveniences, we will do our best to further improve in this respect. We kindly inform you that we are also offering free Wifi in our Lobby and outlets for all our guests 24 hours a day as an alternative. I was glad to hear that you found our Fitness Centre well equipped, actually it has undergone a complete refurbishment during the summer, we are very proud and its great that you liked the result.

We are looking forward to welcome you once you plan to visit Budapest again!

Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Nice hotel but you really need a taxi to explore the city. Nothing is too close and given the fact that during the winter time the weather is too cold, the taxis are the unique solution. The good thing is the mall adjacent to the hotel, where you can have lunch or dinner at low prices and spend some time when you get back from the center of the city.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
janthomsen_hilton, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time writing a review about your recent stay. I was sorry to hear that you have found our location not convenient enough. Let me recommend you to take the metro just next door which is the speediest way to reach anything or taking a 10 minutes stroll the famous Andrassy Street or the Parliament is pretty close. I am sorry to hear that the weather wasn’t perfect, but nice and warm spring is coming to the town, we hope your consider to stay with us again in the near future.

Your sincerely,

Stamford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We chose this hotel based on their location, price and what seemed to be a good package for a yearly team meeting in Budapest. I was extremely surprised by the attention received from the hotel staff, specially the conference/meetings floor manager who was always very polite, attentive and thoughtful to meet all our needs. The meeting rooms have all the facilities you would need and if you require more they'll get it for you (at a cost). The food was also really good, we had breakfast, lunch and dinner at the hotel and not a single complaint from any of the 50 people that gathered here from all over the world. The guest rooms are also comfortable, firm but welcoming bed, very clean and in good conditions all the facilities around the room and bathroom. Highly recommended for family, couples, friend and specially business trips!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

thank you for your generous feedback. I was thrilled to read that you have found your stay first class and appreciate your kind words about the excellent service experienced. We were glad to host your team meeting and looking forward to have the chance to welcome you and your colleagues again in the future.

Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a regular guest room which has nothing to write home about. I'd say the room is more 4 stars than 5.

The service, however, was impeccable and personal, something I only expect from FS, Mandarin or PH.

For example, on day 3, I inquired about a one day trip to Vienna. The guy at the concierge was extremely friendly and helpful. What blew me away was the next day I bumped into him on the corridor of my floor, he addressed me by name and asked about my short trip to Vienna. I was addressed by name by other staff about 70% of the time.

Another very cheerful staff was the bloke at the lobby lounge/ bar, he was extremely friendly, cheerful and constantly has a smile on his face. His upbeat cheerfulness reminded me of CX/SQ cabin crews, which really lightened the mood.

It's this level of personal but not over the top service that sets this hotel apart from the rest, and makes this hotel my preferred one in Budapest.

• Stayed May 2012
janthomsen_hilton, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are pleased that you were very satisfied with the high level of personal services you experienced during your stay. It is always pleasant to hear praising comments about our team members, I shared with the entire Front Desk and Lobby Bar team, adding my own thanks. We are thrilled that you consider to stay with us anytime you travel to Budapest, we are looking forward to welcome you soon again!

Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed in a Junior suite during a weekend trip to Budapest and I have to say that the location is very good. The service level was very attentive with daily calls to check that everything was to satisfaction.

Would gladly recommend this hotel to anyone planning a visit to Budapest, either in business or leisure.

Room Tip: Since we didn't visit the gym I don't know on what side of the hotel it was located but we s...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
janthomsen_hilton, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Traveller,

Thank you for your nice recommendations, I am thrilled that you felt your stay was spotless emphasizing the nice and friendly attitude of my team. We would be glad to welcome you at our hotel whenever you plan to visit Budapest again!

Jan Ebsen Thomsen

Been to Hilton Budapest City? Share your experiences!