Spent two nights each at the Budapest Castle and Westend. I would say that both are of a mediocre quality as an European Hilton with the exception of the location of the first. (See report at the Hilton Budapest review)
Check-in: Use the executive lounge is you so qualify. The Westend I was greeted warmly and given information about the hotel and local activities.
Room: Given a nice Jr Suite that was, unfortunately, directly below the exercise facility (which is open 24 hours a day) that resulted in constant treadmill pounding and thuds from the heavy balls. Change room to a larger suite on the second floor with a less than spectacular view of the emergency escape stairs. Staff agreed that many complaints arise of these room locations.
Executive Lounge: Standard Hilton Executive lounge offering. Nothing really above average for food and beverage. Staff was helpful.
Location: Attached to the Westend shopping center. Good access to transportation.
Diamond treatment: I give poor marks for prior to arrival room assignment. The Westend made no attempt to acknowledge the poor room location. Welcome gift: Small plate of sweet/savory with complimentary water.
Overall: 6/10 based upon European Hilton standards.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Budapest Westend Hotel
- Hilton Budapest Westend Hotel Budapest
- Hilton International Budapest
- Hilton Budapest
- Budapest Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Downtown Hotel located within the West End city centre complex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Budapest City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.