“Great location, great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #54 of 329 Hotels in Budapest
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great location, great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Whether travelling on business (as I was) or for leisure, this hotel meets all expectations. The hotel is conveniently located to use the Budapest metro system, with a stop just outside the door of the hotel. It is also connected to a very large shopping/dining mall, which if the weather is not so kind is very handy to grab something to eat and drink. The hotel reception staff are very friendly and helpful. They know what they are doing. The rooms are of a good standard and of a really good size. A nice touch on arrival was the free bottle of wine, water and desert (I think due to HH status?). The rooms were always cleaned very well and the general upkeep of the hotel should be applauded. Breakfast was also very good with a lot of choice ( including sparkling wine if you wanted it). The service at breakfast was also very good. The in room wi-fi was very good (included in my package, but quite expensive if paying for it daily). The room service food I had was good, not excellent but good. However, all in all, I would thoroughly recommend this hotel and would stay there again for either business or leisure.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
janthomsen_hilton, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am thrilled to read that your stay was spotless, and appreciated much our great location, and the professionalism of my team as well as the good quality breakfast. I am also glad that you were satisfied with the in room wifi connection, we kindly inform you that we offer free wireless access 24 hours a day also in our Lobby, Zita Café and Kando Bar.
Thank you again for your recommendations, we hope to see you again in the future!
Sincerely yours,

Jan Ebsen Thomsen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed in two consecutive Hiltons in Vienna and this one in the Pest side of Budapest. It's location is good, next to the West End shopping centre and train station and on the metro and tram lines. It is newish, and the rooms a good size and clean. Some minor issues were the tired towels and the infuriating lack of free WiFi. Surely a 5 star hotel that caters to business, and receives lots of tourists should provide this service.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
janthomsen_hilton, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing us after your Vienna trip in Budapest, I am glad that you liked our location and found our rooms comfortable and clean. Free Wifi is available in our entire Lobby, Zita Café and Kando Bar 24 hours for our guests, I am sorry if you have not been informed while staying with us. Thank you for your comments on the towels, I will follow up in this respect with our Housekeeping Department.
All in all I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay, and look forward to welcome you again at our hotel.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

The hotel is in a good location and has a shopping mall with more than 300 shops and restaurants attached to it. The staff are friendly. The breakfast is good. If you stay for a coneference like I did the lunch buffet was pretty much the same every day. Rooms comfortable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time write about your impressions of your recent stay at Hilton Budapest WestEnd. I am glad to hear that you were satisfied and could enjoy the benefits of the shopping mall next door. Thank you for your valuable comments on the lunch buffet, I will make sure to reinforce the qualiity of our services in this respect.

We hope to welcome you again at our hotel on a private trip next time, perhaps.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

After a 6 hour Eurolines bus ride from Krakow, Poland, I arrived into Népliget coach station in Budapest at night and took the subway from the Népliget metro station directly to Nyugati metro station to reach the Hilton hotel. The West End Mall is connected to both the subway station and the Hilton hotel, so I did not have to walk outside when I did exit the station. I did not even bother to eat at the hotel since there were numerous restaurants in the mall to choose from.

The room was nice and spacious, clean, comfortable bed, a variety of English channels to choose from, and free wifi in the lobby only. It's very easy to get to the main attractions by subway. Plus, I received a great hotel rate, so I was very pleased with my stay at the Hilton.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
janthomsen_hilton, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read your compliments about your recent stay at the Hilton Budapest WestEnd. Thank you for pointing out our good location with direct metro connection, and comfortable rooms, which you could enjoy after such a long ride from Krakow. I am glad that you liked our TV channel selection and could make use of the free Wifi in the Lobby, which we also provide 24 hours in our Zita Café and Kando Bar.

I am looking forward to have the chance to welcome you soon again!

Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Budapest West End on the Pest side and this was a wonderful choice. I would highly recommend this hotel. It has ample parking if you drive and if you arrive by train, the station is about a block away. The subway is also close and will get you wherever you need to go. Walking the distances is too great so you must use the subway.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I highly appreciate your generous feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. I was glad to read that you liked our good location with easy access to all kind of public transportation and our large parking facility. Let me recommend you for next time to take a short walk towards Andrassy Street, Champs-Élysées of Budapest, with lots of cafés, high end shops and sights along like the Opera House or the Heroes Square.

I hope we will have the chance to welcome you again at the Hilton Budapest Westend!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed here for one night only in January.

Really liked the hotel.

Positive:
- Booked for an excellent rate, and received Hilton Honors upgrade to Executive level
- room & bathroom (bathtub+shower) were spacious, nice little welcome present incl. some sparkling wine and bottle of water
- Executive lounge food and service were great, with very attentive service even providing a table service (cannot recall to have had this at any Hilton Exec Lounge so far). The roof terrace must be great in summer.
- Sauna and fitness facilities were good

No negatives, thoroughly happy.

Room Tip: Executive floor level is worth it at this property.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recommendations, I am glad that you were impressed by the personalized and attentive service in our Executive Lounge and our great fitness facilities. I hope you will have a chance to visit us again during spring or summer, and enjoy the sundeck of the Rooftop Fitness as well as of the Executive Lounge.

Sincerely yours,

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

I usually stay at the Marriott Courtyard on Blaha Lujza square. However on this occasion I was unable to get a room due to a last minute decision to travel on boxing day.

Arrived at Hilton on airport shuttle around £25 return for both of us. Hotel at par with Marriott. Our5 nights were comfortable. We had one breakfast there which was of high international standards but used the basement food court of the huge Westend shopping Centre for our meals which included Kohinoor serving decent currys inc vegetarian dishes.

The Westend Shopping Centre is accessible from the hotels main lobby and is as big as our Westfield in London with a cinema on top floor. Cinema also runs one or two screens in English. We wanted to watch bond movie and Life of Pi but both not playing. Best to call reception/concierge who will find out the info for you.

The Westend is huge . There is a well stocked large Match supermarket in basement near the Burger King and kohinoor halal curry restaurant. My advice is to hit this place for your stock of fluids and snacks etc. There is also a mcdonalds and KFC in the food court to keep your kids/ teenagers happy.

For massages there is a decent non sleazy massage place that does foot massage and an hours massage is 6000fts.at 350: £1, so under £20.

The Nougat metro station is accessible from the westend and easily accessible from the basement directly into the tunnel leading to the metro station. No need to come on the street, a big advantage in cold summers and very hot summers. The tunnell has lots of stalls, shops, takeaway food places.

The tram station is just above the metro stations. Do do your research before you go. My advice is to buy travelcard ( not Budapest card ) available in 24 hrs, 72 hrs or a week, or pass for two people or family. There is a guide / price list by ticket booth.

Just a note for halal food, the Szeraj Kebab and lots Turkish dishes . All food is halal and good quality compared to the nearby star kebab. The Szeraj is a short walk from Nyugati metro station walking towards Margit Hid ( Margaret bridge ) or take tram to Jasai Mari Ter station.

Enjoy. December for us was a lovely time for the wonderful thermal spas of Budapest, my main attraction for Budapest.

janthomsen_hilton, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed review highlighting our good metro and tram connection and the loads of advantages due to the shopping mall just next door having a wide variety of meals, also halal restaurants and entertainment venues. I am glad that you have found Budapest amazing especially the indulging of the thermal spas.

We look forward to welcome you again whenever you plan a trip again in the future!

Jan Thomsen

Been to Hilton Budapest City? Share your experiences!