“Great Hotel...but be careful when arriving at airport with taxi's” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Budapest City

You added Hilton Budapest City to your Saves list
Hilton Budapest City
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Vaci Ut 1-3, Budapest 1062, Hungary   |
Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #54 of 329 Hotels in Budapest
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel...but be careful when arriving at airport with taxi's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Excellent hotel in good central location - really handy for shopping and metro links. Nothing was too much trouble for the hotel staff and breakfast buffet had plenty of choice and was of a good quality.

Room Tip: We were on 1st floor - great room and very quiet as we were at end of a long corridor. Main tip I ca...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
janthomsen_hilton, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind note and recommendations. I am glad to hear that you were impressed by the good quality breakfast and our excellent location in the middle of everywhere. Reading your unlucky experience picking a taxi at the airport, I fully agree with you either recommending our hotel taxis or the official ones at the airport.

Looking forward to welcome you whenever your plan to visit us again.

Jan Ebsen Thomsen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We arrived in Budapest on a Thursday night in October the day before a rather special birthday. Unfortunately and unbelievably I had left a shoulder bag in the back of a taxi in a late and tired journey to the hotel from the airport. In an instant the taxi had gone. The bag contained a new iPad, a new DSLR camera, an iPod, assorted keys, a pair of headphones, and all of my birthday cards from friends and family which I had taken to open the day after. Obviously this was not the start we expected and was a real blow. However, the hotel staff simply could not do enough for us. They contacted the taxi firms, the police, provided an interpreter for me to go to the police station the following day, and then, obviously realising it was a spoiled special day, left a bottle of chilled champagne a fresh fruit bowl and a birthday card from the front desk staff in our room on the evening of my birthday. This was a really unexpected, special and personal touch. In addition the hotel itself is anyway really excellent and in a great position! The train station is literally next door, and there is a tube station just outside, which means you can get anywhere in Budapest in about ten minutes. Such personal and caring service is rare these days, and it was really appreciated. Can I thank the hotel manager and all of the front desk staff, and especially Gaspar Botond, for helping us to overcome the initial disappointment on arrival, and for helping to make the weekend really excellent! On our return home, our insurance company have now replaced everything for me! Thankfully! I cannot recommend not only the hotel highly enough, but also the excellent service of all of the staff. Definitely the hotel for us next time in Budapest! Once again many thanks..

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write. I can deeply understand that it must have been a been a huge hassle to loose your bag in a taxi. But I was thrilled to read that the special care and attention of Botond and my team at Front Desk saved your weekend and your stay turned into a really memorable one. I cant be thankful enough for your recommendations. Looking forward to welcome you again at our hotel!

Polen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I was in West End Hilton couple of times when travelling to Budapest.
Advantages:
- friendly staff
- clean bedrooms, comfortable bed, quite rooms
- very good location, close to the train station, walking distance to the river, the island and the Parliament
- Hotel is also next door to the shopping mall (West End Hilton)
- outside summer time the prices are convenient
- good breakfasts
- when you have upgraded room (I had once) you get access to the executive lounge on the 4th floor. You have there soft drink, alcoholic drinks and finger food free of charge, and the most stunning is the view towards, river and beautiful hills - breathtaking!!!
Disadvantages;
- it can be loud in the hotel rooms facing the ice ring (of course in winter time)
- price of the accommodation could be a challenge
- food in the restaurant (for lunch of dinner) is not stunning
Generally I’d go back to this hotel.
I didn't use spa so I cannot say anything about it, and there is no swimming pool in this hotel as far as I know:)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
janthomsen_hilton, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time for a detailed review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that in general you were very satisfied with our services and facilities. It is great to hear that the you were impressed by the stunning view from the Executive Lounge to the Buda hills and the Parliament. The same splendid view you can enjoy from our Rooftop Fitness Centre with Sauna on the same level, I hope next time you will have the chance to take a session of exercise or relaxation there.

As our rooms are having garden or city and street view, I am sure we will find for you the most convenient and quiet room during your next stay. In case you can book your stay in advance, we have constantly fair promotions running during the year, especially for the weekends. Please check our website or contact us directly in case you have already planned your next visit.

Thank you again for your honest recommendations, we are looking forward to welcome you again!

Zagreb, Grad Zagreb, Croatia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed four nights, staff is polite and friendly, hotel is conveniently located next to a huge shopping mall. Room was clean, comfortable and very quiet, with big flatscreen tv, although the bed was too small. Bathroom is spacious, very well equipped, only missing bathroobes and slippers.
The fitness centre was excellent, with brand new equipment. A lovely sauna too.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
janthomsen_hilton, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

I was thrilled to read your nice review. Its great that you liked our location and our brand new Rooftop Fitness centre impressed you. We are pleased to provide our guests with bathrobes and slippers upon request anytime, as these amenities are only placed in our Executive rooms.

Thank you for your praising words, I am looking forward to welcome you again at the Hilton Budapest WestEnd!

Jab Ebsen Thomsen
Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Checkin was fast and friendly. Got upgraded to a junior suite which was a nice touch from the hotel.

Junior suite was spacious and everything fresh and in good condition. Liked that a small bottle of sparkling wine with appetizers were waiting for me :-)

WIFI was both fast and reliable. Do not like that this is a service being charged, even I enjoy free WIFI being HH Diamond member.

Had a drink in the evening in the Executive lounge which was very nice.

Had also breakfast in the lounge which was fine.

Service attitude of staff was very good and I have nothing to complain about.

All in all a great stay and I would definetely come back.

Room Tip: Ask for room to the back side of the hotel as main road is very busy
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
janthomsen_hilton, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time to write about your latest experience in Hilton Budapest WestEnd. Being a Diamond member and a frequent traveller your feedback is highly valued. It makes me especially happy to hear that you would return to us during your next trip. I am glad that you have been enjoying our Executive Lounge and the upgraded Suite as an the extra touch.
I am looking forward to welcome you again to the Hilton Budapest WestEnd!

Sincerely yours,

Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed there for two nights and i have to say that service is excellent specially front office. Rooms were fine and during my stay hotel changed the mattress for deffinetly better one. Breakfast was allright but in Hilton Old Town Prague it was better;). You can say that facility is old but i had just one problem during my stay - it was really noisy - when someone was talking at the corridor we heard everything in our room:/ We woke up twice around 6 A.M.
If you don't have a lot of time for sightseeing buy from the reception desk tickets for Hoop-On Hoop-Off Busses.

Room Tip: Take a room away from the elevator
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your honest review. I am glad to see that you were impressed by the excellent service of my team and you were one of the first ones to sleep on the new top quality Serenity bedding of Hilton, which we managed to change in all our rooms this October. On the other hand, I regret to hear that you have been disturbed during the night by a noise, we feel sorry for the inconveniences.
In general I hope you have been enjoying your stay and we will have the chance to welcome you back again!

Elkridge, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed in the Hilton Budapest West End for an international project meeting of 25 people from six countries. I found the sleeping rooms to be very comfortable with excellent in-room WIFI service (purchased with a meeting package), the ability to control the room temperature, a large modern bathroom, a large screen TV, and an extremely comfortable bed. If you do not purchase the in-room WIFI the hotel offers free internet in the lobby. The breakfast buffet was top notch with a wide variety of hot and cold breakfast foods from which to choose.

The meeting rooms were spacious and well lit. The desks were wide enough to accommodate a laptop computer and still provide room to take notes and manage papers (agendas, reports, etc.)

The hotel is conveniently located within the West End Mall, which is a high end shopping center containing local and international shops and a couple of food courts. From the hotel it is a 10-12 minute walk to Parliament and about another 20 minutes or so to the Chain Bridge.

The staff was friendly and professional and even made dinner reservations for me and my business colleagues on several evenings at some very good, non-touristy Hungarian restaurants.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed review about your recent Hilton Budapest WestEnd experience, we highly value your feedback. I am glad that you were completely satisfied with our services, with the comfortable rooms with Serenity bedding, and had the chance to prove our meeting facilities as well. Also thank you for pointing out the attentive and friendly service of my team, they are our greatest asset.

I hope you will stay with us again whenever you will return to Budapest either on business or private.
Kind regards,.

Jan Ebsen Thomsen

Been to Hilton Budapest City? Share your experiences!