“Convenient location next to train station” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #51 of 329 Hotels in Budapest
Leuven, Belgium
“Convenient location next to train station”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

The hotel is is located in the west end of town, right next to a train/tram/metro station. This is convenient for going to the city centre, if you prefer walking you can do it in a good 15-20 minutes.
The reception staff is friendly and although not all staff speaks English very fluently they are still very helpfull. The rooms are a good size with bath and shower, bathroom amenities (also a scale), minbar and coffee making facility. There is a writing desk but this isn't so big.
The breakfast buffet has a good variety of cold and hot choices and you can also sit on the outside terraces when the weather permits. In the lobby there is also a bar that has a street level terrace.
The conference rooms are of decent size and there is also a small business centre where you can use a pc and printer (extra charge)
The hotel is also right next to a shopping mall where you can find a lot of shops and also some restaurants.
If you are coming for sightseeing I believe you can find a hotel that is closer to the centre however you might pay more. So considered price and proximity of train station this makes it a good hotel to stay in Budapest.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
janthomsen_hilton, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for giving your comments about your recent stay, especially your praising words about our friendly service, good equipment of our rooms, as well as the quality meals in our restaurants. Yes, to walk to the Danube side takes around 15 minutes walk from us, but taking a metro its only two stops and the station is next door. We are hoping that in case you will return to Budapest, we will have the chance to welcome you again!

Jan Ebsen Thomsen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Almere, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

The hotel is typical Hilton, good and clean.
You do have to walk a little to get to many of the sights, but that's part of the thrill of a vacation.
I had an executive room and the service was almost perfect.
I had to ask twice, but it happened.
With the taxi it was a fast ride 6000 HUF, half an hour ride. By train and bus (nr. 200 E) to the airport was fun and about 500 HUF, for an hour ride and I didn't pay for the bus ride. It was too busy. :):)
I would recommend it ....the only thing. No free wifi in the room. And it isn't always working and you pay 5200 HUF for 24 hours.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review, I am happy to hear that you were very satisfied with the Hilton Executive room, I hope you enjoyed the extra touch and care in our Executive Lounge. We are sorry that you had problems with the internet connection, and have found the rates a bit expensive. We kindly inform you that in order to make our guests stay more comfortable, we are providing free high speed internet access on the Executive floor in our Club Lounge, also we do currently give internet 24/7 hours a day complimentary in our Lobby, Zita Cafe & Kando Bar for all guests.
Hoping to have the chance to welcome you soon again!

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights. I initially booked a standard room but put in an "e-Standby Request" for a 'King Hilton Deluxe' room.

My standby requested was granted at check in. First impression was that the room was very large. It included a standard wardrobe, built into the wall and also a large walk in wardrobe that was good for storing bags, etc inside.

The room was clean and the bathroom had both a bath and walk in shower.

I sampled room service, this was delivered promptly and was tasty/of good quality. However, after I called back to have the trolley removed, this took a few hours.

There was a minibar in the room, this was well stocked. There were ice machines in the hotel but unusually no ice bucket in my room.

The folder/book with hotel information in the room needed updating as it referred to the old Hilton Crabtree & Evelyn amenities, these changed to Peter Thomas Roth some time ago.

The hotel is part of a large shopping complex and is also close to a major train station. I walked to Parliament Square in approx 10 mins and the Castle District in approx 20 mins. I found it easy and safe to walk around, simply using the GPS on my phone for directions.

The staff were very friendly and I had free cake and wine delivered to my room on the first night.

All public areas of the hotel were very clean.

The journey time to/from the Airport was approx 35 mins by taxi.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
janthomsen_hilton, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Traveller,

Thank you for taking to write a detailed review mentioning that you have found your King Deluxe room very comfortable, as well as our room service meals of good quality. I am glad that you were impressed about the special set up in your room, it always makes a difference!

I hope to welcome you again in case you would decide to return for a nice Minibreak!
Sincerely yours,

reddeer alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Hotel is very new and clean, staff is extremely accommodating and helped us with tickets for the subway, a concert performance and taxi service. You stop out of the lobby right into the middle of a very large modern shopping centre, but a quick subway trip (subway right across the street and is accessible from the shopping mall) takes you to the centre of old Budapest for a totally different eating and shopping experience.

Room Tip: I think all of the rooms would be just fine.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am glad to hear that in particular you enjoyed the friendly service of my staff and could benefit from our good location close to the subway. I am sure you liked the old Budapest, and hope you did not miss to visit the Andrassy Street, just 5 minutes walk away with shops and sidewalk cafés and had the chance to see the monuments of the Heroes’ Square as well. I am looking forward to welcome you again in case you decide to return in the future!

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Staff are very friendly and helpful and go out of their way to assist. Place is clean. The hotel is reasonably new and is located right in the middle of a large shopping complex. You do have to walk a little to get to many of the sights, but that's part of the thrill of a holiday!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments, I am glad to hear that my team made you feel welcome and you enjoyed their assistance through your stay. I hope you had a great time in Budapest, and look forward to welcome you back again!

Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Traveled to Budapest on business week of JUN 18. Hotel is a quick ride from the airport. Contacted hotel in advance for transfer and this was handled flawlessly. The hotel is located in a very nice part of the city. Connected to a large shopping mall which is convenient, close to restaurants, and the train station.
The rooms are very large, clean, and accommodating. The staff is very helpful and attentive. This hotel is geared toward the business traveler as many meetings were taking place in their meeting/banquet rooms.
I would recommend this hotel, and I would stay here again. This is a standard Hilton experience with a very attentive staff, standard Hilton room, and good food in the restaurant.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your time to write us a review. We are glad to see that you were impressed by our good location, and you had an easy and quick ride to us from the airport, which is really important especially for business travellers. I was also delighted to read that you found all our team members to be very friendly and helpful and that you had an enjoyable stay with us!

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

This hotel is not memorable in any way, and I would not recommend it to anyone. First of all the hotel staff is very friendly. The real problem with the hotel is its location. It is not located in a tourist section of town, however it is within walking distance of tourist sites.
The hotel is a standard Hilton, with no charm. The rooms are standard and unimpressive. If you are just looking for a clean place to spend the night, there is nothing wrong with this hotel. This hotel also holds convention, so there will be plenty of people in the hotel. I would not stay here again if I had a choice, but I would not be opposed to staying here if I did not have any other choices.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and first of all we are glad that you were satisfied with our services and staff. Its is true that we are not located in the tourist section of the town along the River, but in the heart of downtown Budapest, just about a 5 minutes walk to Budapest's Champs-Élysées, the Andrássy Avenue along with the Opera House and famous high-end shops. I am disappointed you felt your room did not meet your expectations of what you think a room should look like. Actually all our rooms are equipped according to latest Hilton Standard, moreover we are very excited to roll out this autumn our new specially designed Serenity bedding standard which is already receiving huge reviews around the world. We will also be carrying out some exciting upgrades in other areas of the hotel like refurbishment of our fitness centre and sauna, which we are expecting to be ready end of this summer.

We do hope that despite your first impression, we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel at some point in the future!

Jan Ebsen Thomsen

Been to Hilton Budapest City? Share your experiences!