“Amazing Day!” 4 of 5 stars

and up
Private Walking Tour: Budapest City Highlights
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The palace-like edifice contains a huge thermal pool where people often play chess while immersed in chest-high, and very hot, water.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Derby, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Amazing Day!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Great value for money, a really enjoyable day whatever the weather. We went on a cold rainy day and sat outside in the hot outside thermal spa's, absolutely lovely!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Birmingham
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“incredible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This was one of the highlights of my trip, floating in the pool outside watching the sun go down. I had an incredible massage with really friendly staff - i would definitely recommend a trip here.

Visited October 2013
Dundalk, Ireland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A "must do" when in Budapest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

What can I say? We really did not know what to expect on our visit t the baths. We took this in on our final day in Budapest and were not disappointed. It would have been a shame to have missed out on this.

Although it was November, it wa pleasantly sunny and warm but I don't think it would matter here. The outdoor pools were as hot as any bath you would have in your own house and to see the locals playing chess in the pool, well everyone was so relaxed.

There were plenty of English speaking people to help out with lockers, cabins etc but after that - just go and explore yourself! I saw some reviewers express disappointment with the signage and difficulty in using the facilities, but in my opinion, it was part of the charm.

We spend almost 3 hours there and really enjoyed it. Fantastic experience.

Kansas City, Missouri
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“What are you looking at”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My wife and I were staying at the Adina Apartments in Hungary (Great Hotel) Anyway, we got the spa package with the hotel which included tickets to this place. We went there and it was uber crowded and so cold outside but it was Nov so what do you expect right. It was raining as well. We had issues with finding our lockers and that eventually took 30 minutes then we were off to the water. The outside spa felt so good because it was cold but we were in the was pool near the jets having a great time. However, Im black and my wife is Japanese so everybody was just staring at us like we were a exhibit in a zoo or something. I know they have tv's and on those tv's they show black and asian people so what is the big damn deal. But that wasn't the fault of the establishment but it just made us uncomfortable and less able to enjoy our time together. So eventually we stopped caring and my wife and I had a great time and its a much do in Hungary. I highly recommend it. But beware that if you look different there will be awkward stares but don't mind it and enjoy yourselves.

Bradley Beach, New Jersey
“Hangover cure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

After feeling a little banged up following nights in Amsterdam and Prague, the Szechenyi Baths were a very restorative experience upon arriving in Budapest. I felt the baths were a cross between a community pool and a spa. Families and couples packed the place, locals and tourists alike, with plenty of lounge space surrounding the main pools outside. Inside, there was a wide variety of pools at varying temperatures (from about 55F to >100F) and varying levels of mineral content, dry saunas, and steam rooms. We made a point of visiting the baths on our first day in Budapest, and we also returned early one Sunday morning (basically had the place to ourselves). Any muscle-soreness, hangover, or general fatigue melted away after a few hours at the baths. If visiting Budapest, this is a can't-miss.

Visited August 2013