“Can't Beat The Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Budapest

You added Le Meridien Budapest to your Saves list
Le Meridien Budapest
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Erzsebet Ter 9-10, Budapest 1051, Hungary (District V / Inner City)   |
Ranked #29 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
New York City, New York
“Can't Beat The Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Location, Location, Location is the matra in real estate and Le Meridien Budapest wins out. It is located three stops away from the Budapest major train station Keleti on the red line Metro # 2 of the city's underground. Getting the metro tickets was easy but take a little effort anda bit of time. Being that the hotel is only three stops away from Keleti station means that we are eligible for the cheaper 300 Huf (about $1.37 in 04/14) per person Metro tickets. The metro starion is located on the lower level just outside of the plaza of the train station. My fear about having to dragged my suitcase to get to the metro station was not merited because once we got the Metro tickets we just need to walked outside of the train station and get down stairs to the metro station on an elevator to get to the metro station. Afterwards we just followed the crowds with suitcases from the train station to get to get to the Hotel Le Meridien on Deak Ferenc Ter. When we reached DeaK Ferenc Ter, we took the esaclator and the Hotel is litterally a few steps away from the Metro's exit. Apart from the mini fridge with that have an automatic charging feature, I have no other complaint about the hotel. Shopping is an easy two blocks away, it is close to the pier where all off the Danube boat tour depart from, all of the staff are friendly, helpful and professional. I hope they keep up the great work and change the fridge. I would love to stay at the Budapest Le Meridien again in my future trip to Budapest.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Asker, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I had quite high expectation as my experience with Starwood hotels is very good. This hotel fullfilled and even exceeded my expectations. I got a good rate when booking a non refundable room and would say for that price I guess I couldn't have done any better. Standard rate is high. Generally, the entire hotel is very nice. A large nice lobby with a good restaurant, Le Bourbon. The room were clean and big with a nice view of the Erszebet Ter (park). The bathroom has both a tub and a shower, the main room comes with a sofa and table + a desk/table and two chairs. The high ceiling gives a feeling of even more space.The only negative is that wifi still cost money if connected in your room. Wifi in the lobby is free of charge and worked very well. We location is very good and we walked around the city every day exploring the different beautiful buildings and views. If you prefer to go by the metro it is located just next door. The tourist bus services (hop on-hop off) starts from outside the hotel.

Room Tip: 6th floor with a view of Erszebet Ter was nice. Some noise, especially in the weekend since there is...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
LMBudapest, Manager at Le Meridien Budapest, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear HButting,

Thank you very much being your hotel choice while staying in Budapest and for your trust and confidence in our company. I am very happy to learn that you overally enjoyed being our valued Guets and we managed to live up to and even exceed your expectations. It is our main goal that our Guests are feeling welcomed and well taken care of during their visit and it is so great to receive your positive feeback regarding that.
I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and compliments with the TripAdvisor community and us.
Thank you for your feedback regarding the Wi-Fi and I am happy to inform you that we have just finished the overall upgrade of our Internet system and among several Internet connection options to choose from, we also offer free Wi-Fi available through the entire hotel, in the guestrooms, our outlets and all public areas.
It is great that you had the opportunity to discover all that Budapets has to offer and I hope that we soon will have the chance to welcome you back to Le Méridien Budapest.

Best regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Long time overdue, but I really owe this a hotel a great review. My only fear is that Starwood is going to raise rates/points! We stayed here because it was a Starwood property and I am very frequent guest. I didn't have expectations and I am a tough customer. This hotel was one of the best experiences I have had in the world. The staff at the front desk is so nice and accommodating while begin very professional. For some, there is English may not be the best, but they try so much. My wife actually knows a fair amount of Hungarian and they loved speaking with her
We thought the location was perfect. You could walk to the Synagogue, ruins and Basilica and along the main drag. We also took the metro which is right outside the door.
The room had a view over the Basilica and was classic but beautiful.
And, in one the most incredible experiences in 25 years of traveling, I gave the Chamber Maid a $5 dollar tip and we got a call from the manager that night asking if we need something. "No" we said, and he answered "well the maid said you gave her $5 and she brought it to the front desk". Just incredible.
Downsides
The breakfast is amazing way to start day, but if not included, is very expensive

Small small drawback was the wi-fi/internet is very very slow.
Enjoy!

Room Tip: room facing front of hotel with view of basiclica
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ruthin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stayed here after our cruise on the Danube.
Good sized room with all that was needed and oh that bed!
My husband and I measured it - It was 7 foot square and oh so comfortable we did not want to get up in the morning!
Good selection at the continental breakfast with polite and friendly servise.
Will certainly visit again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Bordoli,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive feedback with the TripAdvisor community in regards to your visit to Le Méridien Budapest. I hope you had a nice river cruise on the Danube!
I am very happy to learn that you enjoyed your room and you found your bed really comfortable that helped you to have a truly relaxing stay at our hotel. Thank you for your kind words regarding our breakfast service and I do hope that we will soon have the chance to welcoming you back to Budapets and to our hotel.

best regards,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Located centrally with convenient access to all transportation in the shopping center of Pest, the hotel offered warm hospitality and comfort. As with all Starwood properties, the rooms are thoughtfully designed for comfort, with heated bathroom floors, great linens, and a comfortable layout for business travel with included hard wired Internet. My room overlooked Erzszebet Ter. which was quite pleasant. Breakfast was delicious with Illy coffee served in Bodum presses with heated milk, and an excellent selection from cereal and muesli with fresh and dried fruit and yoghurt, to smoked salmon and accoutrements, pastries and traditional western breakfast with all the fixings. The lobby was fresh and modern. Best of all, however, was the staff - from check in, to the concierge, the breakfast maitre de and room service, everyone was warm, welcoming and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Zagreb, Croatia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Polite staff made check-in easy and pleasant. The room (an exec. suite) was large and tastefully furnished, with lots of closet space and a large, nicely designed bathroom with shower and bathtub. The restaurant was excellent both for dinner and breakfast. for those who depart before the breakfast buffet opens there is juice, coffee and croissants on a table near the front desk.

Room Tip: Rooms facing east have a nice view of the Duna River
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
LMBudapest, Manager at Le Meridien Budapest, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Dear YodaHB,

thank you very much for staying at Le Méridien Budapest and for your positive feedback. I am very happy to read your kind words and to learn that you overally enjoyed being our valued guest. Thank you for your compliments on our staff it is great that you felt your check-in was easy and pleasant.
I am pleased to read your positive words in regards to your room as well as our Le Bourbon restaurant servies.
I do hope that we will have the chance to welcoming you back again to Le Méridien Budapest.

kind regards,

Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

The recipe for a successful trip is a good hotel at a central location.

The Budapest LeMeridian is just that.
We arrived after midnight to smiling faces at the reception, escorted to superbly appointed room, tastefully appointed with large windows overlooking the main square.
The bathroom had a separate shower cubicle

We began each morning in the breakfast room where the selection of food is a gourmet delight.

The location was simply superb
Waking distance from all the major sites. We came back to the hotel in the late afternoons and in the evenings we could walk to excellent restaurants nearby.

The main square has metros, trams, buses and taxis making transportation easy. Every evening hundreds of young people, would congregate in the square (Erzsebet) giving a happy atmosphere.

Highly recommended

Room Tip: facing the main square
Dear Ttourist,

I was really happy to read that you had such a nice experience with us and overally enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your visit as well as about our services and facilities. I am glad that you enjoyed your room with a view over the Deák Ferenc square and the lively atmosphere of the city center. I hope you had the chance to explore the many exciting sides of our city and we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back again to Le Méridien Budapest.

kind regards,