“as exoected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Budapest City

You added Ibis Budapest City to your Saves list
Ibis Budapest City
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Akacfa u.3, Budapest 1072, Hungary (District VII / Jewish Quarter)   |
Special Offer
1 EUR breakfast promotion
Ranked #59 of 333 Hotels in Budapest

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights during my recent visit to Budapest, my first time staying in an Ibis Hotel. I was most impressed with the room, it was clean, comfortable, very well designed with individual air condition unit. There is free Wifi throughout the hotel & a luggage storage room. The hotel is very centrally located, with restaurants and the metro station just around the corner, it is about a 15 minutes walk to some of the major sights, the State Opera House, the Central Market the Great Synagogue and St Stephen's Basilica. Staff was very helpful with restaurant recommendations and booking of airport shuttle. The rates were very affordable compared to other hotels in the city and it suited my needs of having a comfortable room to come back to after a day's of sightseeing. Will definitely recommend this hotel and the Ibis chain to friends.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Richard S, General Manager at Ibis Budapest City, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Jly48,

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with us at ibis Budapest City.
I was delighted to see that standard ibis rooms and especially the reasonably rates met your expectations.
hank you for your recommendation and we do hope we can welcoming your friends and especially You back to our hotel in the near future.

With kind regards,

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I spent three nights in this hotel as part of multi city trip to Europe with my family. As we were on the move I wanted to stay somewhere clean, comfortable and central which was well connected to public transport and having stayed in other Ibis hotels in other European cities I knew Ibis would be well suited for our trip and was my number one choice when searching for accommodation.

The hotel itself is modern, clean with helpful and friendly staff. The rooms I booked were one double and one twin bed with an en suite, again modern looking, and clean, spacious and comfortable, meeting all our needs for this trip. Wifi access in the room was a bonus.

Breakfast was situated in the lower ground, which offered an adequate spread which keeps you going till lunch!

Location is good, I chose the City Ibis over the Centrum purely as it was well connected to public transport, especially to the train station Keleti Palyaudra as we were travelling to Vienna via train and on booking the hotel I assumed we would travel into the city from the airport via public transport but in the end I booked a shuttle as it worked out cheap and a convenient way to get to the hotel. The nearest metro is Blaha Lujza which is practically on the door step! The metro is one stop from the main train station, alternately a 15-20 minutes’ walk. Although we did not use the metro or local buses as we found walking into the centre was manageable and we also booked the 48 hours Hop on Hop off bus pass, so used this service to travel around to see the sights. The nearest stop for the Hop on Hop off bus was less than a five minute walk - New York Café Station, so getting around is not an issue.

All in all, I found this was a great choice and accommodated our stay in Budapest, definitely recommend if you are on a short visit to the city.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear DRMLondon,

We so much appreciate your comment about your stay on the Tripadvisor website.
I’m sure your detailed review helps a lot for other travellers who planning to come to Budapest. Thank you for your kind words and recommendation and we hope we have a chance to greet you again in the near future!

Sliema, Malta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Spent 2 nights in the hotel and it was wonderful. Located centrally to public transport and various restaurants your staff are very helpful and friendly one recommended me for various tours and a restaurant and that restaurant was incredible and amazing and I thanked him for it. Even though my flight wasn't till 5pm the staff at the hotel allowed me to keep my luggage kept in room after check out and that was another thing I throughly liked as well. I definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Matt12342013,

Let me thank you for your valuable feedback posted on TripAdvisor regarding your stay in ibis Budapest City. I am extremely pleased that the hotel staff assisted you to spend a wonderful vacation in Budapest.
We are honored for choosing our hotel and we look forward to having you back on your next trip to Budapest!

Zabok, Croatia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I've been here with my girlfriend back in 2012. and we didn't expect wonders for that price range. We were wrong. Hotels can be cheap and great. Ibis Budapest City is clean, comfortable and affordable. nearby Metro and tram station, burger king restaurant and 15 minutes walk from the center. The best! A/C and Wi-Fi included!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Chris767Croatia,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay in ibis Budapest City.
It is our pleasure that you were satisfied with our hotel and you had nice and comfortable stay with us.
We do hope we can welcome you back!