“Another R&R Trip” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #147 of 329 Hotels in Budapest
Kingston, Canada
“Another R&R Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was a very fine hotel to stay in. Walking distance to many attractions. The Rooms were clean and neat. The staff were friendly but took their jobs seriously. I would recommend a view of the main road.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed here in May 2012; it was our 6th stop on our euro trip. We chose this hotel because it was very cheap and close to the train station as we had the inter-rail pass. It is a large hotel and very posh compared to what we were used to.

The location was idea for us as we used trains for the entire trip and it was approx. 10 min walk away from the station. There is a metro stop nearby however dated it may be, it still takes you to all the places you need to visit. It’s very easy to find as it is a very large hotel, the only reason we walked past it was because we were looking for a less grand hotel.

The room was very spacious, clean and had a view, although it was of roads and the train station (see photo). The hotel had many other facilities but if you have seen any of my other reviews, we don’t use them or even stay in the hotel so I cannot comment.

Overall the hotel is very nice a suitable for most types of people and visits. A must do is the famous baths to which I forget the name; the hotel will inform you as they did us. Happy holidays!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Definitively not 4 stars hotel. There was no safe in room or mini bar. Rooms are big but very outdated. It is located on the main street so if you are not used to street noise or emergency sirens all night long you will not have a proper rest/ sleep.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Part of a large tour group summer 2012. Overall a good location that felt close to the city center with good access to public transport. Great breakfast buffet! Rooms were comfortable. It's a large hotel so don't expect a ton of character or charm.

• Stayed June 2012
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for one night at Best Western Hotel. It's located on the main street. The room was kinda old but ok, most importantly, clean. Got a decent view of old buildings nearby. You can find convenient store across the street on the corner. The location is very strategic if you want to explore the city on foot. The next day I had to take a train to Pécs and Best Western was just a step ahead to Keleti Station. So I just dragged along my luggage, no need to spend money on taxi.

• Stayed December 2011
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

This is the 3rd or 4th time I have stayed here and it's great every time. The price,cleanliness and location make it a great place to stay. Across the street from Keleti train station and the underground. It's also a short 10-12 minute walk to Arena shopping mall.

• Stayed October 2012
Pelham, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

I visited Budapest with my family of five this past July. We stayed at the Hotel Hungaria for four nights. I reserved two suites. To be honest, I enjoyed our time there. I loved the somewhat outdated bloc style lobby. The front desk staff were helpful, calling taxis and making reservations for us when needed. The rooms were comfortable. I could care less about the tv size or style so it was fine. The BBC looping news is all you can really hope for while traveling so programming wasn't an issue either. Wi-fi was fine and I was able stay in contact. I enjoyed fueling up on breakfast with the kids. They had a large selection. The location is not downtown center but close enough and I like to walk. The hop on hop off bus stops right out side which was nice as well. The AC wasn't great but Budapest was in the middle of a heat wave so it is what it is. This is definitely a three star hotel but so isn't any other four star hotel in Europe (for the most part). At night, after everyone was asleep and I had finished whatever I had to do, I would slip down to the lobby bar for a few libations. Best bartender ever.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
BelaCsapo, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel Hungaria, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for your comment. I read gladly that you were satisfied with our services.
We are waiting for your next visit, you're always welcome here.
Best regards
Béla Csapó
FOM

Been to BEST WESTERN Hotel Hungaria? Share your experiences!