“Super hotel all around.” 5 of 5 stars

Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Szechenyi Istvan ter 5-6., Budapest 1051, Hungary   |
Ranked #1 of 329 Hotels in Budapest
New York City, New York
“Super hotel all around.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I can't say enough good things about this hotel -- exemplary service, attentiveness, accommodations. It's pricey but you'll be at one of the best in the world. Location is perfect as well. Concierges and staff go above and beyond.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Just stayed 3 nights in beautiful Budapest. This is a lovely hotel - the rooms were small but comfortable. The staff was sporadically helpful. I expected the front desk to know/greet us by name (it is the Four Seasons) but pretty much I felt I could have been staying at the Holiday Inn. When asking for a safe deposit box the gentleman at the front desk looked irritated but did oblige. The concierge was helpful and spot on with dinner recommendations. Breakfast at the hotel was okay - expensive as would be expected. Omelette and toast with coffee about $20US. My main complaint was the car I requested to pick us up from the airport. I was told it would be 110€. I assumed when I booked it from home it was a long distance journey which would have justified the price. I was annoyed when I reached the hotel after a 20 minute ride! A taxi would have cost about $20US so I don't know where they come up with that price. On top of that the driver was quite annoyed with us when he tried to fit our 4 suitcases into the car. When I questioned the hotel about the expensive cost they couldn't explain why there was such a disparity other than the fact I "booked it ahead and agreed to the price". They did offer to reduce the fee by 20% but I walked away with a bad taste in my mouth. So my suggestion is to skip their car and take a taxi - they are just as convenient and a fraction of the price!!

Stayed December 2014
Simi Valley, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We were traveling with our small dog which the hotel recognized and made convenient. The Gresham Palace location was ideal for sightseeing and checking out the Christmas markets. The staff was extremely attentive and so helpful at checkout allowing us a room until our plane departed later in the day!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We spent an amazing two days in Budapest and throughly enjoyed the beauty and glamor of this renovated palace. The room was spacious and comfortable, and the staff extremely accommodating. The location is perfect and easy to access the city's top sites. Most enjoyable was the holiday boutique in the lobby - made me feel like I was on a movie set! The hotel is beautiful and an amazing option in Budapesf.

Room Tip: We were graciously upgraded to an amazing room overlooking the courtyard!
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, 5 days ago
It is great pleasure reading your review on Tripadvisor in relation to your recent visit to Four Seasons Gresham Palace. I appreciate your passionate words about the beauty and the great location of our building and our staff's courteous attitude.

I am very happy to learn that you were so impressed with our Christmas Market that even made you feel transported in a movie set.

Thank you for recommending our Hotel to all Tripadvisor readers and travelers!

Best regards,

Yves Giacometti
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

With properties like this there is no wonder why Four Seasons is defining what luxury travel is all about. Standing in front of the iconic chain bridge on Danube River, opposite royal palace this beautiful classical building is a treat to yourself. Wonderful service, great rooms, views of Daniube and superb food makes it one best hotel in the world and best among the four seasons I have stayed. One thing impressed me most. My children loved the chocolate straws provided by the hotel everyday and they casually asked where they could buy it from. During the holiday other priorities made me forget about buying them. Not the hotel. While leaving hotel remembered to gift these straws to our children. They were so happy. This small things matter and I recommend the hotel fully. Add it to your experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us here at the Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest. I am extremely happy to note that you and your family enjoyed your time with us and I appreciate your praising words of our facilities, location and services.

I am thrilled to read that you had a memorable stay with us and we are truly honoured that you rank us as among the best hotels you ever stayed at and your favourite Four Seasons hotel! It makes us feel proud and it is especially rewarding to read that you recognized our staff for their efforts in making you feel pampered and special. It was delighted to learn that they were repeatedly attentive to detail and remembered your children’s preferences.

We hope should your travels bring you back to Budapest that you would continue considering Four Seasons Budapest your hotel of choice

Yves Giacometti
Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

It was the biggest disappointment we had in Europe, for hosting.
The breakfast is basic with few options. I would say that is tolerable.
The room we stayed in (Grewshaw suite), is espaçocos, but extremely simple. Has no refinement, because it is an old palace.
Being a hotel chain Four Seasons, I would say that the accommodations are below what the chain offers in other countries. It's very frustrating.
The only caveat is about the care of staff who is extremely courteous and helpful.
Would not recommend this hotel to any visitor to Budapest.
I would say that does not fit in the category of a 5 star authentic.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stay at Four Seasons hotels often. This is one of their quirky properties because it is retrofit into a historical building which has inherent challenges, mostly room sizes.

Likes:
All staff were extremely delightful
Beds and plush towels
Opulent lobby and surroundings
Location
Food and Bar
Special surprise treats I won't spoil

Dislikes:
The Spa and pool are strange. It is two floors. M&W separate changing room on 1st floor. Then you walk upstairs past asmall communal pool which is adequate and communal hot tub. Pass the pool to enter separate M&W sauna and steam - why they become separate once you have walked through a communal pool area makes no sense.

Room Tip: I would ask for a lower floor. Generally buildings of this era have larger rooms on lower floors.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace? Share your experiences!