“Art Nouveau riches” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 329 Hotels in Budapest
Reston
“Art Nouveau riches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I chose this hotel mostly because my husband loves the Art Nouveau style, but it turned out to be the worthwhile big splurge of our trip. It's a lovely building to explore. The location is right by the Danube and one of the pretty bridges. Our room was very luxurious, quiet, and well-equipped.
The concierge helped us with sightseeing plans, which we appreciated.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for your kind words posted online regarding your recent stay with us. I was happy to read that you were satisfied with the location and the Art Nouveau décor of our hotel.
I was very happy to read that you were impressed with your stay with us! It feels so good to learn as well that our Concierges have done their best to ensure your satisfaction.

Yves Giacometti

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Turkish first
Woodland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I have wanted to see this hotel for sometime and having been to over 20 Four Seasons it is truly one of the prettiest. The main issue was that after a long day of travel, the first thing after hello, was the special on the Presidential Suite. After saying no, I was given the hard sell on the next level suite. I just wanted to go to my room which was just below a suite and relax.

Finally, I got to my room and there was no note, no bottle of water, flowers, nothing. In all my years of coming to the Four Seasons, there has always been a welcome card, with fruit or something.This was a first and when I asked even about the water, I was told you can get it in the minibar.

I was not happy and 5 minutes later I got a call to tell me about the Tower Suite opening up after telling me they were all booked during the week I was staying. I went to look at it and said I would stay in the room I have. He then offered it for less and I thought, am I in some kind of bazaar negotiating to buy something. This was not the Four Seasons I knew.

I called the manager, Mr. Giacometti, but he was going out of town and had the Room Manager, Mr. Zakaria speak with me who couldn't have been nicer. He made sure the rest of my stay went without any further incident and enjoyed having coffee with him everyday. He didn't charge me any extra for the room and did everything possible to make my stay enjoyable. I did mention that there shouldn't be such a young person at the front desk since it is the first point of contact for a guest and certainly not try and hustle you into upgrading. I did get the chance to meet Mr. Giacometti and he was very sorry about what had happened and comped the first night. I ended up staying 10 days because Prague had been flooded but didn't mind a bit since it such a beautiful city with so much to see.

Everything worked out perfectly in the end and would definitely say this is the best hotel in Budapest.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
I was happy to read you praising words of our hotel’s facilities and services! It is great to learn that you are a fan of Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts and you keep staying in our properties worldwide.

Thank you for choosing Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace for your recent stay in Budapest. We appreciate your time to write such a detailed review nearly 7 months after your visit. We understand your time is valuable and it means so much to us when our valued guests give us feedback.

I am very sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your arrival experience, but I am glad and thankful that Mohamed Zakaria, our Director of Rooms was able to assist you throughout your stay. I am glad that he showed genuine attention and care to your concerns and that he succeeded to turn around the displeasing experience into a memorable visit.

We highly value your business and we will do everything possible to ensure that your next stay completely meets your expectations.

Warm regards,

Gurgaon, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Exceptional heritage property that is run by some of the best professionals in the hospitality industry; for me its always the people who matter at a hotel and that is where Gresham Palace scored 5 stars for me; good restaurants - the Japanese restaurant next door is a serious challenge to the hotel F&B; an outstanding location, as well

Room Tip: Choose rooms overlooking
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
First and foremost, please allow me to thank you for your recognition of our Four Seasons staff.

We do consider ourselves fortunate to have such talented employees and it is truly because of them that we enjoy the fine reputation we have achieved worldwide, nonetheless, it is most meaningful hearing it from our guests.

Please be assured that I will be sharing your praising words with the entire staff. The employees will be thrilled to know their efforts were acknowledged and appreciated.

Kind regards,

Woking, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I have just returned from a trip to Budapest with my wife & wanted to make sure I left a review for this place... This is a slightly odd review, but I think we owe it to the hotel to tell the story!

First up, it is beautiful... ideally located on the river in the best area right by the chain bridge, the staff are faultless & the food.... well the food was amazing.... until...

My wife had a VERY bad reaction to a food allergy in our room at the hotel (room service) It should be noted THIS WAS NOT the fault of the hotel, just a silly move our part to risk it a dish she probably should have avoided (seafood)

She went into full anaphylactic shock and was quite seriously ill, needing immediate emergency treatment. At this point I was terrified & we were suddenly in a strange country with no idea of who to call... The hotel staff were quite literally amazing. One call to reception & they had someone with basic first aid in our room in minutes, and a full team of Hungarian EMT's and an Ambulance within 10 minutes.

She was luckily treated on site by the EMT's with the hotel staff in attendance & offering translation services throughout.... truly amazing and truly life savers.

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough... for all the usual stuff & the knowledge that they are truly unflappable in a crisis.

THANK YOU!

Room Tip: overlooking the river was perfect
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
First of all please allow me to thank you for your trust and confidence in our service at Four Seasons Gresham Palace Budapest.

I sincerely regret that your wife had this serious food allergy reaction during your stay with us, but I am glad and thankful at the same time that it was not due to our oversight or negligence and that our staff did their best to overcome and successfully solve this very unpleasant situation at the end.

It is most gratifying to hear your praise of the attentive service you received from our employees and that your stay was such an enjoyable experience, in spite of the unfortunate incident. It is extremely rewarding to read that our staff acted with such empathy and care and ensured your wife was well taken care of. We have always known our people are our most valuable asset and your account of their professionalism and knowledge and especially their actions taken in such difficult and unexpected situation only serves to confirm that belief. We are indeed fortunate to have such people working in Four Seasons Gresham Palace Budapest.

We value and appreciate your patronage and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Budapest.

Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Just got back from a lovely weekend in Budapest at Four Season Hotel with my wife celebrating our 21 anniversary. I would like the thank the staff and managment for making our trip unforgettable, they upgrated us to a room with a great view of the river (#108) right infront of chain bridge and also welcome us with champagne. The spa was a great sollution for our last rainy day.
Just perfect!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
I appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. It is great to learn that you enjoyed your time at the Hotel and that we managed to contribute to an unforgettable 21st anniversary. It is great to learn that we were able to surprise you and enhance your visit with some attentions and touches from our side.

Hopefully there will be a future opportunity to welcome you back when your travels bring you to Budapest!

Best regards,

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

We stayed at the Gresham Palace for 3 nights prior to boarding our riverboat. I can't add anything new to the numerous glowing reviews for this hotel. It was so comfortable, luxurious and spacious that we really felt at home, especially after the warm personalized service when checking in. The only negatives were the wireless internet policy (only one device in use at a time) and the breakfast buffet which was a little meager (but included in the room rate when booking with Amex Platinum). We loved Budapest--had an excellent guide who gave us a tour of Art Nouveau buildings--the Gresham Palace is an outstanding example of this architectural period.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a room with a full view of the river and the bridge--definitely a plus!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
I was extremely happy to read that we managed to create a memorable experience and that you felt like home away your home at the Gresham Palace in Budapest.

We were delighted to learn that you found our hotel a stylish and remarkable place to stay at and overall you enjoyed the services and facilities our hotel has to offer. I appreciate you taking the time to share your opinions and thoughts with me.

Nevertheless we also noted your slight disappointment with our Wireless Internet policy. Be assured that we take your comments very seriously and appreciate your constructive feedback.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

What can i say. Would I recommend it? Hell yeah, in a heartbeat.
Great location right on the heart of the city, just opposite the castle and Chain Bridge, walking distance to a lot of tourist attractions.

Well priced (by western standards) for what you get, and that is a lot. Big rooms, fantastic service, amazing food, free wifi in room, spa.

Going to Budapest business or pleasure stay here if you can afford it.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your passionate words regarding our beautiful Palace, our location and the attentive services you received from our staff.

I am extremely happy that we managed to contribute to a memorable experience.

Best regards,

Yves Giacometti

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace? Share your experiences!