“Memorable Experience!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 330 Hotels in Budapest
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Memorable Experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

It was our Honeymoon and the Hotel went out of there way to make us feel special. The great service compliments the incredible building that houses the hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, January 20, 2012
I would like to thank you for choosing Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest for celebrating this wonderful occasion. I was delighted to read that our staff made you feel special. The Gresham Palace building is indeed very special and I am glad our staff and service contributed to a very memorable experience.

Yves Giacometti

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

Well there is not much for me to add here that other reviewers have not already covered. Location, decor, ambience, service, and views of the bridge are all reasons to visit this hotel. Christmas Day brunch was delicious, with a wide variety of fine foods that should suit just about anyone's preferences, and the unlimited champagne and beverages was nice too. I was very happy with the concierge and front-desk staff suggesting options for touring the city as well as securing dinner reservations. FYI - dinner at the Sofitel next door is quite nice too. The room is great - ample closet space, large comfortable bed, L'Occitane bath products, and the i-pod docking station was a nice touch. I also enjoyed the petit fours delivered to our room every night and the housekeeping service was impeccable. And if you like paying for sex, look no further. Every night there are several female prostitutes working the area around the hotel and the other hotels next door (i.e.Sofitel, Intercontintel). My partner and I quickly grew annoyed with their unrelentless offers, but there's not much the hotel can do about them.

Room Tip: Our room on the 2nd floor overlooking the bridge was amazing
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, January 18, 2012
I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace over the Holidays. I know your time is valuable and it means a lot to us when our guests give us feedback. I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed the Christmas Day Brunch at the Hotel and that you were pleased with the services of our Concierge and Front Desk staff who offered you fine programs and secured reservations. Thank you for bringing to my attention that the ladies of the night are still disturbing our guests. This is an issue that has been brought up with the city authorities on several occasions, and we will keep on pushing until a solution is found.
Thank you also for your nice remarks regarding the hotel décor, I am glad you found your room comfortable and the housekeeping service impeccable.

farnham surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

have just returned from a birthday stay at four seasons.have had the pleasure of staying in some wonderful places around the world and this hotel ranks at the top! from the moment we arrived to the moment we left everything was first class.a beautiful room with a fantastic view. amazing service from every member of staff....a very tasty complimentary birthday cake delivered to our room..we were made to feel very very special indeed.the creme de la creme was my experience with my treatments in the spa...unbelievable and i go to alot of spas! amazing massage and facial...out of this world. A HUGE THANK YOU to everybody who looked after us while we were there,just wished it could have been longer...go on treat yourselves to a magical stay at the four seasons.. from suzanne and hani.

Room Tip: higher floors for a river view are better....
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest for celebrating this special occasion. I was delighted to read your kind remarks regarding your whole experience, I am glad that you were pleased with our facilities and services, especially the treatments received in our Spa. I will take great pleasure in sharing your compliments with your therapist Ms. Dalma Koppány and the rest of the team.

Kind regards,

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

From the moment we were picked up at the airport we knew this was going to be a great experience & we weren't disappointed. the staff were excellent, very professional but still very caring. Our rooms were magnificent, very very comfortable. Nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest in December. I appreciate your kind words about our staff whom you found very professional and caring. I was delighted to read that you liked your room as well.
I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Spent 3 nights at this hotel in a suite. It was a lovely room but not what I would have expected for the price. It was just a large room with a sitting area not a suite. The bathroom was another issue. I would expect that in a suite the bathroom would be large enough to separate the toilet with a door from the rest of the bathroom. We also felt that for the price we were paying Internet should have been included. It was an additional $35 per device per day for Internet usage. That was an additional $70 per day. Ridiculous! We ate at the restaurant one night and it was excellent. We also had a drink in the lobby bar while listening to the piano player and that was lovely, but very, very expensive! The location of the hotel is
very good and we could walk to many places. Budapest is a beautiful, friendly city. Wonderful food, beautiful views of the river and fun
markets make it a great place to visit. While this hotel is beautiful, has excellent service and is in a good location it was not worth what we paid. I've stayed in many other Four Seasons and felt that their value for dollar was much greater.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
Thank you for your comments posted on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace. I was delighted to read that you were pleased with the location of the Hotel as well as your dining experience and that you enjoyed your time spent in beautiful Budapest.
I was concerned, however, to learn that you felt like you did not receive good value for you money. Please rest assured that your notes regarding the room layout as well as the internet fees have been taken good note of. We take our guests’ feedback very seriously as it is our greatest tool for improving our facilities and services in order to best serve the needs of our clients.

If you wish to discuss your concerns any further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at yves.giacometti@fourseasons.com.

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

Wonderful hotel with a very nice staff and idealy located (close to the chain bridge). The spa and the swimming pool are beautiful. The breakfast is good and the restaurant room is very agreable.
I recommand this hotel !

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
I would like to thank you for your kind words posted online regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest. I was happy to read that you were satisfied with the location and the décor, as well as the restaurant and the Spa of the Hotel.

New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

My wife and I checked in on Dec 29th to celebrate the new year in Budapest. When shown to our room and after a complimentary upgrade from our credit card company, we were less than thrilled with our accomodations and mentioned this to the gentleman checking us into our room. He excused himself from our room to go check to see if another room might be available, and returned within minutes to show us to our new room. The new room blew us away. We were on the second floor with a balcony facing out to the Chain Bridge spanning the Danube, with views that included Castle Hill, Fisherman's Bastion, and Matyas Church across the river. I must say this wasn't without uptick in our room rate, but it was well worth the extra money.

After settling in, we decided to head out to explore Budapest. After walking out the front door and again marvelling at the view, we headed out to check out the Christmas fairs which were taking place only a few minutes walk away. St. Stephen's Basilica, Parliament, and many other great sights to see are only minutes in each direction. We couldn't imagine a better location for a hotel.

The hotel itself is beautiful in every way, with an excellent lobby bar offering live piano music most nights. Although we did happen to run across one staff member that seemed a bit curt (maybe she was having a bad day), the rest of the staff was friendly and made sure our every need was satisfied. But to compare it to other FS locations, there seemed to be a VERY slight disconnect with some of the service. At other FS locations, any reservations, whether for dinner, excursions, or transfers were confirmed with a note under our door each morning. This wasn't done here. Not the end of the world but a nice touch.

Our spa appointment was great with one of the better massages I've ever had, but the layout of the facilities seemed a bit off. The pool area in the spa was crowded and noisy on the day we were there, but that could have been because it was New Years day.

Aside from my minor critiques above, we found this to be an excellent hotel in arguably the best location in Budapest and would highly recommend this FS to anyone visiting Budapest.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room facing the river. I would think the higher floors have better rooms, but r...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback posted on Tripadvisor regarding your New Year’s Eve spent at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace. I was delighted to read that you were very happy with your second room choice and the magnificent views and location of the Hotel. Thank you for mentioning the staff, whom you found to be friendly and accommodating throughout the Hotel, although, I would like to apologize if one of our staff members did not address you appropriately. Thank you also for your remark regarding the confirmation note not received. It is indeed our aim that our guests receive a written confirmation on all special arrangements made for them by the Hotel. I am truly sorry for the momentary lapse of our service standards. Nevertheless, we accept that we always have room to improve and that we can benefit from our guests’ feedback. Please know that your remarks were taken good note of and will be followed up on immediately.
I will take great pleasure in sharing your compliments regarding the massage with our Spa Manager, Zsófia Hellinger.

I hope that you and your wife will keep fond memories of welcoming the Year 2012 at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace.

Yves Giacometti

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace? Share your experiences!