“Comfy but in need of an update” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Budapest Korona Hotel

You added Mercure Budapest Korona Hotel to your Saves list
Mercure Budapest Korona Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kecskemeti utca 14, Budapest 1053, Hungary (District V / Inner City)   |
Ranked #126 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Brighton
“Comfy but in need of an update”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The hotel is in a great location and was perfect for us as we were in Budapest for the Formula 1. The staff were friendly enough. We didn't have breakfast at the hotel so I can't comment on that.
My biggest issue was the bathroom. It wasn't particularly clean. The hair dryer was also useless and very dated, a theme that seemed to be consistent with the whole hotel. As I as it was comfy enough but very tired and in need to modernising.

Stayed July 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Hotel is in a good location, near the city centre. The room is however very basic and slightly dated. We stayed for the F1 with Taxis from the hotel to the track costing around £27. There are a few local places to eat that do good food at a very reasonable price. Lots of F1 guests staying in hotel, filling the bar with a busy atmosphere in the evening.

Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Eszter S, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Budapest Korona Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Jack W,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with me. I am happy that you could enjoy the location of our hotel during the F1 weekend. I sincerely hope we can welcome you in our hotel next year again!
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here for two nights and appreciated its proximity to the Danube, the market and other facilities. Breakfast and evening meal were satisfactory. Staff okay. Our shower head did not work correctly. In short, no major disappointment but not outstanding.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled as a couple
Eszter S, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Budapest Korona Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Barnabas014,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share with me your comments. It is our pleasure that beside this small uncomfortable feature you enjoyed your stay with us. I sincerely hope that we can welcome you back in our hotel in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel was great value for the location in Budapest - right beside a subway station, even better that you couldn't hear it - perfect location. Rooms were a little different to what was pictured when booking, a lot smaller and a lot more dated making them just average. Staff were very friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. Lovely spacious bar area for drinks. Location for restaurants is great - just a 5 minute walk from a street full of local restaurants serving great food at great prices.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear kerriac,
I would like to thank you for your nice comments following your stay at Mercure Budapest Korona. I am very glad to see your positive feedback regarding the service during your stay with us. I have already shared your comments with our team; I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one; we are looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel!
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Two of us were staying here and had booked a double room each. We were a bit surprised when we got there to find that our rooms were not only on separate floors but miles apart from each other, since we'd booked as part of the same reservation. I was disappointed by my room as the bed was very small for a double and the room was also small. There were also two little covers on either side of the bed, rather than a nice big duvet, which I really didn't like. I popped over to my friend's room the next day and was shocked - her bed actually was a double with proper bedding and the room was twice as big. She came to my room, just to check I wasn't being insane, and burst out laughing when she saw it. I went down to reception to tell them that I must have been put in a smaller room by mistake but was simply told that room is a double and that was that.
They emailed me a couple of days later to say they could change my room for me but we were only staying for four nights and were leaving the next day, so it wasn't worth it. They also told me I owed money for the minibar when I went to check out - I told them emphatically that I had not touched the minibar and they cancelled this (the woman who dealt with this was really nice) but I had little patience at this point.
Basically, two of us paid for double rooms and only one of us got one.
The bar is nice and the location is very good. However, as a disappointed customer I won't be going back.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 8th floor appear to be smaller than other double rooms in the hotel.
Stayed July 2015, traveled with friends
Dear zozo715,
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your full expectations; please allow me to express my apologies. Kindly note that we have different types of rooms, standard and upgraded privilege rooms as well; my colleagues are always more than ready to help our guests to find other room options when it is possible. I regret that you could not fully enjoy your stay with us because of this. It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Almaty, Kazakhstan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have spent 3 nights at this hotel with my family. Good hotel and excellent location. Rich breakfast. Pool and Sauna gives the opportunity to relax after a busy day in Budapest. Responsive staff.
But I would like to note that on arrival no one helps with unloading luggage and you have to unload and load yourself your own luggage.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Dear Mady-Almaty,
Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent visit in Mercure Budapest Korona. I am very delighted to read your positive experience about the location and hotel overall. It is always good to read that our guests found our staff friendly and helpful. Regarding your comment about your luggage, kindly note that our bell boys are always happy to help to all of our guest, I am sure that they were only occupied at the moment. Thank you again for your feedback. I hope to welcome you again in the near future.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel is in a good location with the underground just next to it. The rooms are well looked after and clean. Good selection of buffet breakfast with the option of breakfast in bed for the mornings when you are feeling especially lazy. The tv could have more channel options but thats not really a big deal.

Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Laslo17,
Many thanks for writing a great review on your recent stay at Mercure Budapest Korona. I am very delighted to read your positive comments about the rooms and breakfast and I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we can welcome you again soon!