“Worst experience ever” 1 of 5 stars

Free Welcome drink
Ranked #119 of 332 Hotels in Budapest
“Worst experience ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Firstly, I would start with the ladies at the recepcion.Rude is not enough said, really.
The hotel's employee turn their head as tourist (of really any nation) go by.
Then the room:
The bathroom door can not be well closed..heating..Don't really exists and everything is just so used and old.Not to mention the higiene in the hotels departments.All this at ⭐⭐⭐⭐... Really?!
I've never been this upset with any hotel in my entire life and we really do travel a lot.......
How can this be allowed?
Oh, and the last I mention is that they reccomended us a cab to take us to a friend's address.On the way back home, I just got a cab on the way 'cause I heaven't had any phone number..the price was lower on the second time with 30 euros.
140 euros with the parking place included, nothing to be happy with.The room service is expensive and worthless.Total disaster.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Eszter S, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Budapest Korona Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Adelka G,
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback at the Mercure Budapest Korona. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had during your stay and to thank you for your invaluable comments that we shall use in order to improve our services. I do hope you will give us the chance to better serve you in the future.
Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The situation of the hotel is very convenient. However the room is minute! Quite noisy all night.
The bridge restaurant promoted but don't try to have breakfast there!
Do NOT go for the cheaper room!!

Room Tip: Having been on the 6 th floor of one wing & having to travel across the bridge to get there unfo...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Jemaime A,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments. Meanwhile we regret that the room size did not meet your expectation. Our My Bridge Lounge is fully renewed and now waiting our guests with extended opening hours to enjoy their upgraded breakfast or to have their lunch/dinner with a special view, I am sorry that you did not like it. We do hope next time we can ensure your full satisfaction.
hampshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Thought this hotel was in a very good location, with a wide selection of restaurants and attractions close by. From the moment we arrived we were well looked after, staff we very friendly, informative and attentive. Rooms were a little on the small side, but clean, and as we were on the 9th floor we had good views. The other people in our party both had single rooms, both of which were very warm, and the air conditioning didn't seem to make any difference. Very pleasant stay would certainly recommend.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Eszter S, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Budapest Korona Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Helen D,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share with me your comments following your stay. I am very glad to read positive remarks concerning the location and facilities of the hotel. I will certainly forward your nice words to my colleagues. I sincerely hope to see you back in our hotel in the near future.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The reception area was lovely and staff were very friendly and efficient. The hotel is a bit separated meaning lots of lifts to negotiate. My room was 385 at the end of the corridor and there was a 'stale smell' but the cleaner opened the window for me. The swimming pool was FREEZING!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear aileenfirth,
Thank you for your remarks following your stay in our hotel. I am pleased to read your positive comment regarding our staff. They always do their best to make our Guests' stay more comfortable.
We hope we can have the chance to accommodate you in our hotel again!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at the end of April. The staff were very friendly, greeted me when I arrived, and were attentive. The room was small, but it was only myself, so more than adequate. I overlooked the courtyard, so no road noise. The WiFi signal was terrible, so I'd recommend just using mobile data if possible. The towels were also very thin. I would stay again for the price and convenience.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Eszter S, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Budapest Korona Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Jonathan A,
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments here. I am really glad you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and in Budapest and I am especially thankful for your nice words about our staff. I hope we can welcome you again in our hotel soon.
Bruxelles, Belgique
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Having been in Budapest for many times , It's really the first time I am so disappointed in a Mercure Hotel. My room was not clean , I found many hairs which were probably from the previous traveller, I didn't had any shampoo and had to ask twice at the reception to receive some , the employees were not sympathetic at all. At least I thought I will enjoy the diner in the lounge restaurant which is really very nice , but the food was too salty for the starter , the main course was tasteless and after such an experience and really didn't wanted to try the dessert , on top we were under pressure by the waiter too speed up ...I planned to go there next month again for a week , but you can imagine that I cancel the reservation and will look for something . My rate for this hotel is the worth I have ever done 2/10 ---- NEVER Again

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Dear MisterMichel,
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. We appreciate that you have shared your concerns; we sincerely hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel on the Pest side was booked by a third party and I found it near the Danube River and within walking distance of many attractions in beautiful
Budapest. There are two buildings with a covered walking bridge over the road. I was in the second building and although the room was not large it was certainly adequate and overlooked a main thoroughfare with a tramway. Noise was not a problem. The lights in the room were unfortunately rather dull and the towels were thin, lacking weight or softness.
The reception staff were most polite and helpful and the breakfast was pleasing with good choices.
The free wifi worked well.
Having arrived very early there was no problem having my luggage securely minded whilst I went sightseeing.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Betula103,
Many thanks for writing a review on your stay at Mercure Budapest Korona. I am very delighted to read your positive comments about our hotel. It is lovely to hear that you could take advantage of our optimal location in the centre of Budapest. Your valuable words about our staff were a real recognition of our every day effort, thank you. I really look forward to welcome you again soon.
Kind regards,

Been to Mercure Budapest Korona Hotel? Share your experiences!