Stay here in September 2013. The hotel is right on the Danube. We booked a river view room which was definitely worth it as excellent views of the river, castle, chain bridge and Royal palace. The hotel is in an excellent position for walking to the sights for example the chain bridge is minutes away and the shops are only a few streets away as is the Metro station (vorosmarty ter). We also had breakfast at the hotel which was of excellent quality and a good selection of cereals, fruit juices, cooked food, omelettes, yoghurts and fruit. The service was also very good at breakfast. Staff at the hotel very friendly and accommodating, we borrowed umbrellas on the day it rained and they even loaned us some towels for the thermal spas. We even got a bottle of free sprakling wine on our arrival as it was our wedding anniversary. We also did some spa treatments which were very reasonable as offered 20% off. There is a swimming pool, sauna and steam room there which appeared brand new and very clean (I guess they are probably underused as we were the only 2 people there). The room was comfortable and clean as was the bed and the a/c was also really good. The room was also very quiet which is great when you want to go to sleep. Would highly recommend this hotel, it is not the cheapest but the service and location were excellent and you do get what you pay for.
Would recommend going to the City park (9 stops on Metro 1 line - Szechenyi furdo) to go to the zoo and the Szechenyi Thernal Baths. The Royal Palace and the Castle (take the Siklo up and walk down) are also highly recommended. Shops are located on Vaci U and there is a large shopping centre - West Shopping Centre which was very good (Metro Nyugati pu). We ate at Pomo D'oro (Italian), Kashmir (Indian) and Taverna Dionysos all within walking distance of the hotel and all very good.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Budapest Hotel Budapest
- Intercontinental Budapest Hotel
- Budapest Intercontinental
- Intercontinental Hotel Budapest
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Budapest hotel is situated directly by the Chain bridge overlooking the Royal Palace. This impressive hotel offers 402 beautifully appointed guestrooms, many of which enjoy a fabulous river-view. You may also choose from 18 exquisite Suites and a Presidential Suite. State-de-art conference facilities with capacity up to 900 person; 10 breakout rooms; Club Lounge with a breathtaking view of the Danube; SPA; 24 hr Fitness Centre, swimming pool, steam room and sauna; All day dining Corso Restaurant, Bar. An ideal choice for business and leisure travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Otel, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your InterContinental Budapest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.