Now, this is my favourite choice for Budapest: InterContinental.
No surprises here, it's Interconti, full stop. Rooms exactly as you would expect them: tidy, neat, conservative and reasonably comfortable. Beds are a bit on the soft side, but stil excellent. Take the Danube view.
Service is on a high level, many choices for breakfast. Again, it's Interconti.
The hotel is fantastically located within seconds walk to the center of Budapest and right on the bank of Danube. Parking is decent, don't struggle in -1, drive to -2 and park comfortably.
Coffee advice (always looking for a good ristretto): nah. Not even remotely.
Runner's advice: Two major choices, either to Margit Island and a round there, it's beautiful, or up to the Castle. Both choices include some running along with traffic, hence the health benefit might be disputable, yet you'll enjoy the city at its best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Budapest hotel is situated directly by the Chain bridge overlooking the Royal Palace. This impressive hotel offers 402 beautifully appointed guestrooms, many of which enjoy a fabulous river-view. You may also choose from 18 exquisite Suites and a Presidential Suite. State-de-art conference facilities with capacity up to 900 person; 10 breakout rooms; Club Lounge with a breathtaking view of the Danube; SPA; 24 hr Fitness Centre, swimming pool, steam room and sauna; All day dining Corso Restaurant, Bar. An ideal choice for business and leisure travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your InterContinental Budapest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Budapest Hotel Budapest
- Budapest Intercontinental
- Intercontinental Hotel Budapest