My best friend and I stayed here for a weekend in November. I arranged for a driver to pick us up from the airport (through the hotel), which was lucky, as unbeknownst to my friend and I, Budapest airport is split in two and depending on where you're flying from, you could be a good 15 minute walk away from the other arrivals area. The driver the hotel arranged was very courteous and prompt, and spoke english well.
On arrival at the hotel, we upgraded to a room on the 6th floor with river views for an extra €25 per night. I know everyone has said it - but believe me, it's worth the money! The view is lovely. Our room was clean, had two comfortable double beds and the usual amenities and layout you'd expect of a hotel of this calibre.
Breakfast every morning was an unexpected delight - I am vegetarian (although my friend is not) and there was plenty to choose from. There is the usual coffee and various teas, fruit juices and bottled water. Along with this, is the ability to order a made-while-you-wait omelette with your choice of toppings, other hot food (mushrooms, hash browns, bacon, etc), pastries, bread, cheeses, jams and butter, lots of cereals and my favorite - a truly delicious bircher muesli (which I topped off with sour cherries - my mouth is watering just thinking about this dish!). There was also a separate area offering a Japanese selection of breakfast food.
In terms of service, the young gentleman that checked us in and out was fantastic. The Concierge service was a bit mixed. The restaurant recommendations were great, really spot-on, but there was the usual 'push' for their internal restaurant and we had to really insist that the lady book us a table at another venue for the evening we arrived. She kept saying they would be booked out and suggesting the internal restaurant, but when we made her call the other venue, we got a table straight away.
All in all, a fantastic stay and I will be back here if visiting Budapest again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Budapest hotel is situated directly by the Chain bridge overlooking the Royal Palace. This impressive hotel offers 402 beautifully appointed guestrooms, many of which enjoy a fabulous river-view. You may also choose from 18 exquisite Suites and a Presidential Suite. State-de-art conference facilities with capacity up to 900 person; 10 breakout rooms; Club Lounge with a breathtaking view of the Danube; SPA; 24 hr Fitness Centre, swimming pool, steam room and sauna; All day dining Corso Restaurant, Bar. An ideal choice for business and leisure travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental Budapest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Budapest Hotel Budapest
- Budapest Intercontinental
- Intercontinental Hotel Budapest