We stayed in Sofitel Budapest end of April 2012 with a group of 9 people. At first we had a long email conversation to ask them if they could change the dates we booked with hotels.com since Malev airlines went bankrupted and they were very understanding which was really polite of them since the rate we booked was non-refundable.
When we finally arrived though the reception guy was nothing but welcoming and certainly not a face you would like to begin your vacations with and he said that our rooms were not ready (at 15:00!!!). When I asked why he told me that they have flexible check out time! And I ask you: Did you ever hear a hotel having flexible check out time at the time they are expecting arrivals??? I never did, and especially from a five star hotel. At check out time they announce that you have to pay a little amount of 8 euro I think as city tax (which was no problem), which was another think I didn't hear before in all the countries I visited. (or maybe it was included in the price and didn't know it)-Anyhow, it would be good to know in the beginning.
The location of the hotel is fantastic with the most perfect view of the Chain Bridge!
The rooms were lovely but have in mind that if you book a triple room, the third bed will be the unfolded sofa which is not comfortable. Also note that there is a 24 hour grocery shop just behind the hotel if you need anything. If you like water without gas or taste, always choose the bottles with the pink cap because there are water that say still mineral water but they have an awful taste.
In general we had a really nice time in Budapest and I would recommend Sofitel to other travellers especially for the location!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Budapest blends comfort and elegance with modern technology and French flair. This comfortable high-class hotel offers breathtaking views of the Chain Bridge and Royal Castle. The Paris Budapest Cafe restaurant at this luxury hotel fuses French and Hungarian cuisine, prepared in a show kitchen for all to see. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, ACCOR, Odigeo, Venere and Booking.com so you can book your Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge Hotel Budapest
- Accor Budapest Chain Bridge
- Hyatt Budapest
- Budapest Sofitel