The only thing to say is – fantastic. We stayed 23rd-26th February 2012. We were greeted with a smile by a lady with a very good command of English and check-in was smooth and efficient. There were at least 4 manned check-in desks which, while not normally an issue at check-in, proved to be a blessing at check-out when reception generally becomes congested with departing guests.
We had booked a standard twin room and asked by special request for a river view - the river being the Danube. We were obliged with a room overlooking the river and the famous Chain Bridge with Castle Hill in the distance. We were more than delighted. The room was spotlessly clean and very well appointed. Robes, slippers and a well stocked mini-bar with complimentary water by each bed each night. L’Occitane bathroom products – magnifique! The bed was soooo comfortable and luxurious ………….. just like sleeping on a cloud (I imagine). What a bonus, a city hotel room with an opening window. A very rare treat if the room becomes stuffy which it can be if relying on central heating and air conditioning. The weather was clear and crisp during our stay and sitting by the open window on the 6th floor taking in the vista cleared away a few cobwebs.
During our stay the hotel had more or less been commandeered by a visiting conference and hotel staff coped admirably with the volume of guests descending on the breakfast room, all at the same time. The choice at breakfast was varied and replenished regularly. Miso soup, jasmine rice with soy sauce for breakfast was an eye opener but after all the hotel caters for an international clientele. There was plenty of choice of regular hot and cold breakfast fare with varied baked goods and delicious patisserie products. Eggs and omelettes are made to order by attentive staff and brought to your table. Tea and coffee with hot milk served to your table is replenshed regularly and a chilled glass of bubbly finished off what is a fine breakfast. The fruit salad is definitely not out of a tin!
……….. a few aperitifs in the bar of an evening, a tinkling piano playing in the background and a view of the illuminated Chain Bridge and surrounding skyline – bliss.
This hotel is ideally located in the centre of Pest by the river and is a great base for exploring both parts of the city. We managed to visit all the major attractions/areas on foot over a 3 day period but had the weather been inclement we would have used the numerous trolly buses, trams, metro etc to get around. All of the top restaurants we visited were within 5 minutes walking distance of the hotel. This area felt safe and we had no qualms about walking around at night. There’s also plenty of designer shopping in the locale to satisfy any need for retail therapy.
This hotel is boutique in style with stunning public areas which are all maintained to the highest standard and I would highly recommend the Sofitel Chain Bridge to anyone visiting Budapest.
We were anxious that we do not understand nor can we speak Hungarian but this proved to be no bar to a great city break. Everyone, without exception, embraced our lack of language skills and communicated with us in English. Restaurant menus are published with an English translation which is extremely helpful. One thing to mention – book ahead. We managed to secure a table at our chosen restaurant on each night, but only just.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge Hotel
- Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge Hotel Budapest
- Sofitel Budapest
- Accor Budapest Chain Bridge
- Hyatt Budapest
- Budapest Sofitel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Budapest blends comfort and elegance with modern technology and French flair. This comfortable high-class hotel offers breathtaking views of the Chain Bridge and Royal Castle. The Paris Budapest Cafe restaurant at this luxury hotel fuses French and Hungarian cuisine, prepared in a show kitchen for all to see. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, ACCOR, HotelTravel.com, Splendia, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Escapio, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.