“Nice hotel- location ok” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Budapest Buda

You added Mercure Budapest Buda to your Saves list
Mercure Budapest Buda
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Krisztina korut 41 - 43., Budapest 1013, Hungary (District I / Buda)   |
Ranked #117 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Manitoba
“Nice hotel- location ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed here in mid-July with a tour group. Really it's a nice hotel. The temperature was extremely hot outside and do I ever wish that this hotel had had a pool. (But I realize that this isn't something remedied quickly - and for those few hot days, it may not be something the hotel can do easily). Generally it was a very nice place to stay. There's a little grocery store on the next block behind the hotel. There's a park across the road - quite a large one. (I did not go there - I'm not a park person). I would have liked a little more time to walk a few more blocks just to get a feel for the neighbourhood but didn't have time. My impression were it's run down, and economically somewhat challenged (this is a city that until 15 years ago was in a communist country - so the whole country is still recovering in all fairness). There is a subway station on the next block with a lot of market stalls. (I did notice several people who made me "feel" unsafe - although perhaps harmless, as I scare rather easily. I'm not sure I would have felt safe coming home on the subway at night - again, that's also a reflection on me). The hotel has 2 very very nice shops downstairs - I could have bought everything in the jewellery store if I'd had the money. Beautiful things to look at - and I made sure that I did buy something. The other store has a few necessary items as well as tourist things.
The restaurant had a nice breakfast.
There was another restaurant area where we sat and had cold drinks in the afternoon. I didn't notice it otherwise.

This was one of the few restaurants where I could find a computer to use (as I turn off the power on my phone completely when out of Canada). Thank you to the hotel for providing this.

I also remember that the beds in this hotel were the most comfortable of all the hotels in my 10 day trip. Thank you.

Finally, staff at the front desk were helpful and pleasant. (Can't 100% say that about the restaurant staff - I found the manager was being somewhat difficult to deal with. Not sure why such a big deal over where we sat really when there was no waiter service. So one day - we sat in one area, one day another without explanation. Perhaps he was trying to make sure the upholstery all wore out at the same rate).

• Stayed July 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Great staff, good service. Good location. Price value . We had very happy times. I can only recommend to everybody. Restaurant, lobby very positive atmosphere. Parking facility, easy accessible to everything in Budapest centre. Thank you!

Notts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed here for a week over the grand prix. The reception staff were really helpful during check in, explaining the city tax, breakfast in the bar, the fact there is a supermarket behind the hotel & that they were offering a shuttle bus service to & from the circuit.
We went to our room which was neat, clean and tidy. It had a safe, minibar & kettle. The bathroom was clean with a powerful shower and it had a hairdryer. The only gripe I would have with the room/corridor is they could do with new carpets.
Due to our late arrival we dined in the restaurant. The food was so delicious we dined in there again later in our stay. Try the duck, it's fabulous. The bar & restaurant are more expensive than smaller Hungarian ones but comparable to UK prices.
The hotel is located two minutes walk away from the train/underground station making it easy to get into the centre & tourist attractions. It was really easy to buy tickets using vending machines the 700fts for 2 tickets to deak ferenc station.
There's several lovely restaurants within walking distance, although the ones located in the castle district are quite expensive.
In my opinion this hotel makes a great base for city & F1 breaks.

Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

2 rooms, 4 people, parents and adult kids, everything we needed, great location. Front desk personnel always seemed a bit harried. Great buffet breakfast. The lobby bar is nice for an adult break after hours of sightseeing. It was hot, the AC is decent, and they immediately brought up the flat sheets we requested, too hot for duvets. Nice bathrooms, nothing is luxurious, but everything is above average.

Aniko N, Manager at Mercure Budapest Buda, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear PamelaJP,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback. We regularly make improvements to our service as a result of the valuable feedback we receive from our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Gabor Kun, Deputy Manager
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I didn't enjoy my stay at this hotel. The bathrooms are really old. There was no kettle, coffee or tea in the room. No varieties of food for breakfast. The front desk suggested a river cruise which turned out to be dreadful. Also the staff were unfriendly, they never greeted us with smiles like they should. I would never come to this hotel again.

Stayed July 2015, traveled with friends
Aniko N, Manager at Mercure Budapest Buda, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear DinaS,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Budapest Buda.

Mr. Gabor Kun, Deputy Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at this hotel 14 Feb 2015 for 2 nights. Excellent hotel, not far walking to the Famous Bridge. Very good location. The room are clean & comfortable. This is favorite hotel for tourist group. Many groups especially from Indonesia stay at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Aniko N, Manager at Mercure Budapest Buda, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Samuelrismana,

Many thanks for the nice words which you posted to TripAdvisor.
We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Gabor Kun, Deputy Manager
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My family and I recently stayed at the Mercure Budapest Buda as part of a Cosmos tour. It was in a great location, right next to the train station (where you can also catch the tram or metro). There's also a grocery store and some shops nearby so you can walk around and check out the neighborhood.

The lobby was nice and spacious with a small, but upscale gift shop downstairs. The rooms were basic but fine for two people. Breakfast was good with plenty of room for hoards of tourists. They even had a section featuring Asian specialties.

I must give a huge shout-out to a restaurant across the street. I don't remember the name (and it was probably in Hungarian anyway), but you can't miss it. It's in a converted railway car and also features an outdoor bar. This was our favorite restaurant during our entire two-week trip around Europe. If you stay here, give it a try.

Anyway, one other advantage to this hotel is the proximity to Castle Hill. It was such a close walk (about 5-10 minutes) to the bottom of the hill. Beware of the stairs that you need to climb, but know that there is a lift about halfway up. At the top is a charming section of Budapest featuring the Fisherman's Bastion and Matthias Church with an amazing view across the Danube to Pest.

The hotel was very quiet at night and we appreciated the opportunity to catch up on some sleep.

Overall, I'd highly recommend this hotel for its location and ability to deliver a pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Aniko N, General Manager at Mercure Budapest Buda, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear MadHatterMom,

Many thanks for the nice words which you posted to TripAdvisor. We are very glad to read your positive remarks regarding your stay in our hotel; we will share them with our team. We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.
A. Nagy