“Great Hotel Great price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of art'otel budapest

You added art'otel budapest to your Saves list
art'otel budapest
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bem Rakpart 16-19, Budapest 1011, Hungary (District I / Buda)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now & save up to 30%
Ranked #45 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Sittingbourne, England, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel Great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have had to work in Budapest twice in the last month and used this Hotel both times. It is right on the Danube bank opposite the Hungarian parliment building so a great view. Rooms are big and clean as is the rest of the Hotel.

The Buffet breakfast is good and served in a large area. If you are off to Budapest please take a look at this hotel. The staff are good anfd all speak english and are keen to help with anything you need. If there was one thing I think the hotel needs is more English TV stations. As I was working some times |I just want to watch a bit of telly. If I have to go back I will use this hotel again

Room Tip: ask for a river view room and book an art suite for a few euros more as they overlook the danube
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Adam G, General Manager at art'otel budapest, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience on Tripadvisor.com and for recommending art'otel budapest to other travellers visiting Budapest..
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time at our hotel on both occasions when you visited the town last month.
I am very happy to inform you that we are currently testing a new interactive hotel TV system in our property that will give us the opportunity to increase the number and variety of TV channels including the English ones. I really hope that the new system will already be in place upon your next visit to our hotel.
On behalf of our entire staff at Park Plaza Hotels & Resorts we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
A. Gabor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I treated my boyfriend to a long weekend in Budapest for this 30th Birthday. We went on Friday 1st February - Monday 4th February 2013. I had never been prior to this trip but I would definitely recommend it.

We flew from Luton with WizzAir who were incredibly efficient. Other reviews on here mentioned getting a taxi through the airport which is what we did. Outside the main door of the airport is a little desk where you can book a taxi. From the airport to the hotel took around 25 mins and cost us approximately £18.

We were really chuffed when we arrived at the hotel which is on Buda I found the Art'otel on Trip Advisor and decided to book it based on its reviews. Everyone is right..the views across the Danube are wonderful and I never got bored looking at the Parliament building. This hotel is all about its view so I would recommend getting a river view room otherwise the view is of a courtyard..dull!

Check in etc. was brilliant and the room was great. Modern, spacious and perfectly clean. We had a queen sized bed which was very comfortable! The staff are wonderful and more than happy to help with anything. They booked us a restaurant one night and organised our taxi for us. The hotel bar is nice and breakfast was gorgeous!! Brilliant hotel!!

In some respects the hotel location is great, in others...not so great. The castle is right behind the hotel and only a 10 minute walk up the hill. Also, the Gellert Baths are on the same side as the hotel but a good 45 minute walk (recommend going, we had a very chilled few hours in the spa!). However, we couldn't help but feel that most of the fun was happening on the other side of the river - Pest. The other attractions such as the House of Terrors, large variety of museums, wonderful restaurants and Parliament are all on Pest. Although, we don't mind walking and nothing is ever too far away!

I should mention some great restaurants that we went to...Carne De Hall which is only a 2 minute walk from the Hotel and also a Pizzeria by the bus station, 4 minute walk away. Both brilliant!

Fab weekend away thanks to a very good hotel!

Room Tip: Room with a view and a queen sized bed!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Adam G, General Manager at art'otel budapest, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Amy E,
thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us here in the art’otel budapest. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed the views, the location of the hotel and the breakfast, and that you found your room spacious, comfortable and perfectly clean.
On behalf of the entire team I would like to thank you for your visit and hope to see you again when you will be back in Budapest.
Best regards,
San Leandro, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This was the best hotel of my last trip to Europe (Hotel Metamorphis in Prague and Leonardo in Vienna). Amazing staff, good and clean room with all amenities, great breakfast and wonderful location. I'll never forget the view which I had from my room to the Parliament and how many times I crossed the Chain Bridge. I hope I'll visit Budapest again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Adam G, General Manager at art'otel budapest, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
I was extremely pleased to learn that you had the best time in our hotel during your European trip.
I appreciate the fantastic feedback on the room, on our breakfast offerings and specially on our staff members.
On behalf of our entire staff at art'otel budapest we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Me and my significant other spent 5 days here and we were more than satisfied with everything the hotel provided us, starting with first contacts over the mail. As we stated that we planned to spend our anniversary there, we were given a beautiful room with an even more beautiful view of the Buda Castle. Furthermore, we could leave our car at the hotel garage before the check-in and after the check-out without additional costs.
The hotel staff was extremely helpful on everything we needed: the information about the city, the sights, the public transport and all the little things we needed every now and then - they didn't show any sign of being troubled and were doing everything with a smile.
The room was impeccably clean every day, elegant, spacious and provided a newly installed TV system that included (beside the usual TV and radio stations) free computer usage (including free internet connection) and basic information about hotel services and Budapest itself.
I won't even talk about the great position of the hotel, at the centre of the city, a couple of hundred meters from the metro station - all in all it was a great experience, we definitely look forward to staying at the Art'otel Budapest again!

Room Tip: Although the rooms with the Danube view are more popular, we strongly recommend the romantic view of...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I was very pleased to learn that you had a great time at our hotel and that we managed to contribute to a memorable anniversary.
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed in the art'otel by park plaza for 3 nights. This is a corporate hotel largely geared to accommodate people travelling for business and as such you get the service you would expect from such chain hotel enterprises. The service from reception is helpful, yet affably reserved i.e. the staff are not overly familiar and fawning. Moreover, there was that self service element such as taking one's bags to one's room that you get in the corporate/catering to a business clientele hotel.

My room was a pleasing size, I had two single beds pushed together which was satisfactory and the room had air con which was preset to a temperature which needed no adjustment from me so that the light, possibly 10 tog, duvet provided good comfort and warmth irrespective of the snow and -2 temperatures outside in Budapest.

The room was cleaned consistently everyday; the sink in the bathroom is stainless steel and it gleamed everyday I returned to my room after a day of sightseeing.

On sightseeing, for me, the hotel is based in perfect proximity to all the sights; both the towns of Buda and Pest. I walked absolutely everywhere. The ultimate USP for this hotel is or course the fact that it is opposite the Parliament building. On check-in I was asked whether I wanted a room facing the river, Parliament, to which I of course did. I particularly appreciated both the hotel's location and my room when I returned to the hotel late of an evening and got to see the Parliament Building lit up in spectacular glory. The closest of the many bridges crossing the Danube to the hotel is the Chain bridge which also looks rather wonderful at night due to it being speckled with lights from each end. You can also see the top of St Stephen's Basilica. Whether you get a room facing the river or not, the location of the hotel will mean that you are in the perfect spot to see some of the key sights before you set off for sightseeing proper.

I walked around the hotel to look at Donald Sultan's art of which there is plenty of for those interested.

Last but not least my any means; the breakfast. I've stayed in a lot of hotels in many a region and this was impressive. The range of foods on offer (and most importantly the quality) was so vast that my not eating meat still left me with a tremendous amount to choose from. Note; the scrambled eggs were simply delicious, glutton inducing in fact.

I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
North America
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Friendly stuff, clean room with a special dryer in room for towel. Comfortable bed. Very nice view of the Danube river with the parliament bldg. Walking distance to public transports. Bus, metro, hev. Good restaurant, pubs, supermarkets in less then 7 minutes walk.

• Stayed November 2012
Binyamina, Hefa, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay this week at Artotel Budapest.
Room was big and clean, great breakfast. Location is very nice. Hotel team were very friendly. Wifi service is free and connection was very fast. From my room could see the nice view of the river and the parliament.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business