“Brilliant Stay In Budapest” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Welcome Drink
Ranked #9 of 329 Hotels in Budapest
Kilkenny, Ireland
“Brilliant Stay In Budapest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

This was our first trip to Budapest so we decided to splash out a little and booked a junior suite.
This turned out to be a great desicion. The staff are very friendly and helpful with everyone speaking english.
The suite was fab, very warm and comfertable with lots of room. Great bed.
Great choice for breakfast and the food was top class. thanks to all the staff for a brilliant weekend.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the inner courtyard and you won't hear any noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear RichieBoland,

I was very happy to read how much you loved your stay with us! Thank you for the kind words and for trying all of our services! Congratulations on your choice of room! The junior suites are indeed spacious rooms! I hope you will have a chance to return to us in the near future!

Zoltan Kerekgyarto

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I had a very pleasant one night stay here on a freezing cold January night in 2014. The hotel was built at the end of the nineteenth century and was once one of the finest hotels in Budapest. Sympathetically restored by the Accor Group, the Nemzeti is once again a very grand-looking hotel but with the fussier elements pared-back to give a less stuffy contemporary style.

A wonderful grand staircase with the original wrought iron balustrades provides access to all floors of the hotel [there is also a lift] and a spectacular dining room [with its newly-renovated stained glass roof] serves a delicious breakfast and an exceptionally good value three course lunch for about ten quid.

The staff are friendly and efficient and the rooms are spotlessly clean. The bathrooms are modern with walk-in stall showers [rain & hose fitting] and complementary robes and slippers are provided for guests. Each room also has a flat-screen TV, tea & coffee making facilities, free bottled water and an in-room safe. The décor is modern and well finished.

The location of the hotel is excellent for public transport. The Blaha Lujza ter tram stop is directly in front of the hotel, as is the Metro stop of the same name and numerous buses stop in the Rackoczi utca alongside the hotel making the whole city easily accessible in just a few minutes. I was also able to use my 24hr public transport ticket [a steal at around £4.50 and not to be confused with the 24hr City Card] to get to and from the airport in less than an hour using bus, metro & tram.

I can honestly say that this is one of the best value hotels I have ever stayed in and I thoroughly enjoyed my brief visit and I hope to stay here again in the not too distant future. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear logrundy,

Thank you so much for this extensive review of your stay at the Hotel Nemzeti! It seems that you were able to make the most out of your 1 night stay in Budapest and use all of our facilities and go out to discover the city. I am very happy that you were so satisfied with all the services and features of the hotel. I hope we will be able to welcome you for a longer stay next time around!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I had a wonderful weekend at Hotel Nemzeti. We came early to the hotel but an early check-in was no problem. The lady at check-in informed us that the sofa in our Junior Suite was converted in a bed for my friend, which was a nice touch. The room was really nice and very clean. The hotel is located next to the metro but almost everything is in walking distance. When we came back from our dinner in Budapest we found a box of chocolates and a letter from the manager in the room which I really liked. The breakfast was very good and the service top notch. We also enjoyed the sauna. The only problem was we had to go home on sunday because we really wanted to stay!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Jeroen V,

I am so happy that you were able to find the best hotel experience at the Hotel Nemzeti! I hope that we will able to match this experience on your next visit!

Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Great hotel, be it the architecture, the rooms, the staff (+++), the location, the services, the quality of the food. A special bravo to the friendliness of the staff, who were present right when you wanted them to, without ever going overboard. And if I nitpick, the only "improvement" that I may suggest to the hotel is to increase the number of TV channels (19 may not be enough for international customers).

Room Tip: 4th floor is nice. If you are sensible to noise, ask for a room on the back side of the hotel, as in...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear relaxmax 92,

I was very happy to read your review of the "perfect" stay at the Hotel Nemzeti! Thank you! I will share your praising words with the rest of the team, I am sure they will be excited to hear that their efforts are appreciated, and it will encourage them to keep up the level of service. We will take your comment about the TV channels into consideration. I hope to welcome you back soon!

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Just back from a 9 night stay at the Hotel Nemzeti and if you are going to Budapest, I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. Blaha Lujza Ter metro station is right at your doorstep and there are stop for trams and buses if that is your preferred mode of transport. It is just two stops away from Deak Ferenc Ter.

The hotel itself is very stylish and the rooms are well-appointed with every convenience you could imagine. We were fortunate enough to have been upgraded to a junior suite on the 4th floor facing into the courtyard. The bed was extremely comfortable, so much so that we wished we could have slept in it all day! The card with the weather for the following day on the pillow by housekeeping was also a very thoughful touch.

The staff were unfailingly helpful throughout our stay. It really was a home from home. I would definitely stay there if I had the opportunity to travel to Budapest again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear sdublin4,

I would like to thank you for the wonderful review and the recommendation! I was very happy to read that you had such a nice time at the Hotel Nemzeti! I hope you will have a chance to return to us soon!

yorkshire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Stayed at this beautiful hotel for a 3 night stay middle of December 2013 to enjoy the beauty of Budapest and sample the Christmas markets. What an absolute gem! I can only re-iterate was has already been posted 100 times!

It took approximately 20 minutes by taxi from the airport (pre-arranged by the hotel via email)! On arrival it immediately felt warm, friendly and unassuming. The surroundings were extremely stylish and contemporary, which admittedly, didn't match the historic looking facade! We were shown to our room on the 4th floor which although a little small, was decorated beautifully with all you can ask for a short stay. (Tea, coffee, mini bar, many free toiletries). A past review did mention some traffic noise but to be honest, we were situated at the front of the hotel and can honestly say it did not seem excessive, but then, we are good sleepers!

Location wise, we have normally stayed closer to the city centre, but this did not pose a problem. As fairly fit people, I'd say it took a good 20-25 minute brisk walk to reach the main market/shopping area with many recognisable shops. This did not pose a problem for us, however if mobility/walking is an issue, you can hop straight on the 'tube' which is located right outside the hotel entrance. Have to say, we bought a 3 day pass for the ALL public transport (tube, tram, buses), exceptional value and we made huge use of this. Whilst our Hungarian is extremely limited to say the least, we managed to navigate everywhere using the 'tube' ...no problem at all, very easy.

We did the usual touristy stuff as time was of the essence...we sampled the 3 different Christmas markets, we did the Szechenyi Spa, we walked over Chain Bridge and around the castle and sampled many eateries ...a favourite was the Sorforras.. a traditional restaurant down the main street (opposite Pandora)! Their venison stew was delicious!

We thoroughly loved our visit to Budapest and hope one day to return. We cannot recommend this hotel enough. Feel free to PM me if you need any further information.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear northerngirl4071,

Thank you so much for this extensive review you wrote on your stay at the Hotel Nemzeti! I was really glad to read that the experienced level of service exceeded your expectations! I will proudly share this review with the team, to encourage them in their future efforts! Thank you also, for using all of our services and facilities (including the taxi transfer). I sure hope we will have a chance to welcome you back to the hotel soon!

Best regards,

Been to Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery Collection? Share your experiences!