“Fantastic hotel just outside the main touristy area of Budapest” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Welcome Drink
Ranked #11 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel just outside the main touristy area of Budapest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights over a weekend. The location is less than 10 minutes walk from the main tourist areas near to thde river and the basilica but this suited us fine as we enjoyed walking and exploring outside of the touristic parts.

The room had a large bed, lovely decoration and was impeccable. The only small downside for the room was the slightly small bathroom which I would have expected to be bigger in a four star hotel.

The breakfast was fantastic and I would try to get a deal including it if you can. A large buffet covering hot and cold foods with a wide selection kept us well sustained for sightseeing!

Although all the staff were very nice, the staff working on the Monday seemed to be incredibly friendly and helpful compared to the ones working at the weekend.

We really couldn't fault this hotel and with a great booking deal it was superb value for money.

• Stayed October 2013
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Kashym,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your feedback on your stay at the Hotel Nemzeti. I am very glad that the experience you had, met your expectations.

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

M Gallery Nemzeti is in a big fancy building. The style is beautiful with white textured walls and beautiful floor. We got a good response, with high levels of service from all staff. A fantastic breakfast waiting in the morning. The only negative was that the air conditioning was not working optimally, making the nights warm. Big plus for Eszter in the hotel lobby.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Borjesson,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback on your stay at the Hotel Nemzeti. I was happy to read that you were satisfied with the high level of service my colleagues provided during your stay. To answer your concern abou the air conditioning, I have to admit that it is very hard to meet all of our guests level of comfort in room temperature. We have a central system, that either heats, or cools (with a chance of optimizing in individual guest rooms) depending on the time of the year, and the temperature outside. Most of our guests find it more comfortable, when we put the heating on when it gets below 15 degrees celsius outside. So we have to adapt to the prefernece of the majority. Unfortunately this means that we will not be able to meet everybody's taste. Once again, I apologize for this. We do have fans and little heaters for those guests whose preference in temperature differs from the average.
I do hope that we will be able to see you back in the hotel in the near future.

Whittier, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Only one night this time while laying over for a flight. The hotel is about 30 minutes away from the airport, (25€ taxi/10€ shuttle) However, it is well worth the taxi fare to stay there. Nemzeti has the best service I have found in Europe. This time we stayed in a wonderfully appointed suite that included 2 TVs with inputs for media incl. hdmi. Tv has 2 eng channels but the media interface made up for it. beds are so comfortable That I wish I had 1 at home. PERFECT location to hit every major transit line. our 3:30 a.m. Wakeup call and ride to the airport went perfect. Ensuring that we could relax and not stress midst of an intercontinental transfer. We refused an offer made by our overbooked airline; that asked us to go to AMS for free w/room. But we still chose to stay at nemzeti. That in itself should say enough for any review. nemzeti delivers on every level. The breakfast is one of the best in Budapest and far better than the nearby New York Cafe which is world famous. The room has a gourmet coffee and a electric T kettle plus fully stocked minibar. They have even have international Chargers u can borrow. Top linens, slippers/robes and wonderful overnight kits. We have stayed there close to 10 times. Management, housekeeping and doorman always have a warm welcoming smile and friendly demeanor. Thanx again Nemzeti for the wonderful night.

• Stayed October 2013
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear RobbTaylor777,

Thank you som much for these kind words once again! I am so happy that we can be your home away from home on your trips to Budapest. It is our pleasure to see you back again and again!

Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have been to Budapest numerous times and I always stick at the same hotel in central Budapest. Unfortunately this time that hotel was fully booked with tour tourists so I had to search for an alternative.
After some research online I came by a brand new hotel called Nemzeti which is a member of Accor’s MGallery hotel selection. Due to excellent reviews online and a terribly good rate I booked the hotel for my three night stay.

Some days prior to our stay I emailed the hotel for some transport and rate information. I received a kind and prompt reply from Mr. Richard of the Reservation department. I have to say I received very detailed and informative emails from the hotel, this is all I needed to know.
I then also arranged an airport pick up via the hotel as on previous trips, taxi drivers in Budapest rip tourists off. The hotel offered a pick up for 9.900 HUF and 7.900 HUF for drop off which seemed extremely reasonable for a luxurious Mercedes car.

Our flight landed 20 minutes early and luggage delivery was prompt. Despite us being early our driver, Mr. Lesley was already waiting with a chique sign with my name on it. He offered to take our luggage and asked us to wait in front of the terminal while he could pick up the car. Some minutes the Mercedes arrived and we were on our way to the hotel. The drive took approximately 25 minutes.

Upon arrival at the hotel the friendly porter, Mr. Balint took care of our luggage and escorted us to the open reception for check in. I was very impressed of both the exterior and interior of the hotel. In the evening the old exterior has beautiful lighting shining on it which makes it even more beautiful.
The building itself is quite old but everything has been properly renovated and in the modern décor, the old tones have been kept which was simply stunning.

Ms. Barbara checked us in quickly and informed us that because of my Platinum Accor status our room has been upgraded to one of their Junior Suites on the third floor. She also provided us with a welcome drink voucher and a prepared envelope with brochures, info and a map of Budapest.

Ms. Barbara was extremely kind and helpful during the entire stay. At check in we were also offered a breakfast at a reduced rate as it was not included in ours. We kindly had to decline as we already had planned some heavy lunches and dinners.

Mr. Balint escorted us to our room which was located just behind the stunning staircase on the 3rd floor. Our Junior Suite had a view on the quiet courtyard and consisted of a separate living area with a comfortable sofa bed, fully equipped desk, LCD TV and a stocked mini bar. One day later I was told soft drinks from the mini bar are free of charge for Platinum Members.

The bathroom was modern and roomy and had a large rain shower, sink and of course a toilet. The toiletries were of a very good quality and refreshed daily.

Further was the bedroom with large King sized bed, another TV and plenty of closets. The room itself had two separate air conditioning units and high ceilings. During our stay we have put our air conditioning on 5 degrees C and even that was a bit too hot for us so we just opened a window.

The room itself was very modern and had everything guests need. High Speed WiFi connection in our room worked perfectly.

In the evening around 17:30 turn down service is provided. In my opinion this is a bit too early and because of this we had to request extra towels in the morning.

Next day I the Rooms Division Manager, Mr. Zoltan welcomed us personally to the hotel and asked my first opinion of the hotel. We had an enjoyable talk and told him I was positively surprised as the hotel opened just months ago and today the hotel feels like it runs like a famous five star hotel.

On the day of check out I requested a taxi to the airport at 15:00 and a late checkout was also granted.

The hotel is not located in the old city center but is actually just 15 minutes walking away from the main shopping street and Vorosmarty Ter where a lot of restaurants and cafes are located. The hotel provides good and reliable taxi which will not rip you off and all use metered fares.

Overall we really enjoyed staying in this new hotel and thing it has probably the best value for Budapest. All staff members are extremely friendly and helpful and really take care of their guests. The hotel itself is stunning with beautiful exterior and public areas. Really worth staying here and will definitely stay here again on future trips.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard are very quiet
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Mr. MaxWeterings,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an extensive review of your stay at the Hotel Nemzeti! I saw the amount of reviews already written by you, so the nice words coming from such a frequent traveller are worth even more to us! I will definately share this feedback with my colleagues especially Barbara, Balint and Richard who personally added something special to your stay. I hope from now on, we will be the first choice for your stays in Budapest! :)
See you soon!

Tel-Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed for a week at the Budapest Hotel Nemzeti and we had a very nice time there. The hotel feels very new and is spotlessly clean. They have two types of rooms there: the dark colored ones and the light colored. At first they put us in a dark colored room which had a tiny bathroom, it was so small we couldn't really manage without banging our elbows in the wall, sink, etc., but after a day we asked to be transferred to another room and they placed us in a bigger, light colored room which was just splendid. The breakfast buffet is really rich and delicious and has plenty of options and can cater for just about enyone (my gf is vegetarian and she was really pleased with it).
Overall, I can certainly recommend this hotel and if we return to Budapest (which I really hope we do very soon!), I'm pretty sure we'll be staying at the Nemzeti again.

Room Tip: We really preferred the white/light colored room. At first we were placed in a black/dark colored on...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear dantad1979,

I was very happy to have read your kind words regarding your stay at the Hotel Nemzeti. I am very pleased that my colleagues were able to help you and make this vacation so fantastic for you! I hope there will be another chance to welcome you back soon, please make sure to mention the type of room that you liked so much for the next reservation!

oz
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

It's located above a metro station and directly in front of a busy tram stop that takes you around Pest on a half loop and into Buda. It's not super close to anything, but well located for everything given the public transport options. The hotel is a bit fancier than I thought, even though I got a pretty good budget deal. Definitely not a young persons place. Hotel service is excellent with good information and very friendly staff. One of the best Accor hotels I've been too.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear cmbsOZ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience of your stay at the Hotel Nemzeti. I was sorry to hear that the design was not to your taste, however I was very happy to read that the quality of the service and the location of the hotel really pleased you!