“Just perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Free welcome drink
Ranked #13 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
“Just perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Just finished a 4 night stay in hotel nemzeti!! It was perfect for every need of ours. Ideal location you can walk everywhere, staff go above and beyond to help, the hotel is well decorated and the breakfast buffet is beautiful. When I come back to budapest i will be staying here again. Thanks to Barbara at reception for all her help!

• Stayed March 2013
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Worldwidewonder,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Hotel Nemzeti Budapest. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team and thank Barbara for all her work. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The staff in this hotel are very helpful and polite. Whilst it is not something I personally look for in a hotel some people will like that most staff speak excellent English. The hotel is beautiful and very well decorated throughout. The rooms are a good size and again very well decorated. There are speakers in the bathroom along with the complimentary dressing gowns and slippers. I loved the bedside lamps. Bright enough to read by but not enough to have to wear eyepatches if your partner wants to read. There is a lot of choice for breakfast including sparkling wine. Reception has a choice of nibbles that we kept sneaking into our mouths whenever we walked past. The hotel is perfect for evenings 5 minutes away from some really interesting ruin bars and close to some brilliant restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Thisania,

Thank you for your positive feedback. Loved to hear that you enjoyed the stay with us! Come back next time!

Spangdahlem, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 4 days and we couldn’t be happier. Since you are reading this, I am sure the first thing you want to know is if there is anything wrong with the hotel so I will start off with the only negative I could possibly say. As other have said, the rooms are a little tight. Other than that, this place is phenomenal. I’ll start off with the staff.
STAFF
Barbara and Eszter were ridiculously helpful. These two wonderful ladies answered every single question we could ask them. We mainly dealt with Eszter and she called places for us, made reservations for dinner, recommended bars, researched things for us and was basically our tour guide while we stayed at the hotel. She made us feel like we were the only people in that hotel (we weren’t). She was enthusiastic about explaining everything and not only was she helpful, she was also interested her recommendations went. We actually felt as if genuinely wanted to know how our day was. We would stay down at the reception area for about 5 minutes and give her feedback on everything she said we should do. A+ service!
ROOMS
Now with the rooms, like I stated, the rooms are a little on the smaller side but it is enough for 2 people. The rooms are very modern as is the entire hotel itself. Everything is decorated very nicely. You can have your TV play in the bathroom while you take a shower. There is virtually no counter space in the bathroom in front of the mirror. My wife put everything on a shelf in the closet and just walked back and forth to it. The bathroom mirror is anti-fog so that was pretty nice. There are multiple power outlets near the bed so you can charge your phone or whatever you need to plug in. Wi-fi is pretty good throughout hotel. The entire hotel is beautiful.
BREAKFAST
Breakfast was our favorite time of the day. We have travelled Europe for the past 4 years and we are 9 times out of 10, disappointed with the breakfast. You usually pay a lot, and get very little. This place was TOTALLY different! We got in on a promotion that was 10 euro per person. You have to sign up for that when you check in. If not the price jumps up to 15 or 19, I can’t remember. We didn’t expect much but we always get the breakfast because it gives us a reason to get out of bed after a long night out on the town. When we walked in, we were blown away. They had a very wide variety of food to choose from. For European standards, ranging from 1-10, this was about a 9. The only reason it is not a 10 is because it was the same thing for the 3 days we ate there.
LOCATION
This hotel is just steps from the Metro station and the tram is RIGHT outside the door. It is also just two stops from the center metro station which connects to all 3 lines. The hotel is on the RED line. It is Number 2. If you are going to be here for a few days and want the easiest way to get around, get the Budapest Pass (I think that is what its called). It will be worth it, trust me.
OTHER SERVICES
There is a little sauna upstairs on the 5th floor if you want to just relax for a little bit. The pastries that they sell downstairs are AMAZING! I don’t even like sweets but I LOVED the chocolate cake thing. Eszter recommended one and we tried it. Couldn’t be happier! Housekeeping was pretty good. I never saw them cleaning but everytime we came back, the room looked perfect. They usually supply a bottle of water and one day the maid forgot to put a new one in the room. We called the front desk (@7 pm) and Eszter brought it up to us herself.
Overall a great experience. The Receptionists are amazing. There were always guys in suits in the background sitting on Facebook or watching something on their phone. Not very professional but I rarely saw them doing much of anything to be honest.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Trickieraver,

Thank you for all the beautiful things you wrote about the hotel, it is really appreciated. I have already spoken to Barbara and Eszter to thank them for their efforts! They hope, just like myself, that you will return to our hotel in the not too distant future!

Regards
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

You are there on business? Are you going to spend a weekend with your girlfriend? Visitng? This hotel has everything you might need for a short stay. However there is certain insignificant things that may make you look somewhere else if you are going to stay more than a week.

So, when you arrive the first thing that strikes is the building, certainly well design and impressive, as people say in other reviews the mix of classic and new blends very well. A well dressed receptionist will attend you and help you to check in and when you go to take your luggage you will realize that the bell boy has already prepared them in the trolley, and he is waiting for you by the lift. Lift, walls, carpets, doors all are in a mint state and it really feels good.

Now to the room. My room was one of the smallest one but never felt claustrophobic for the whole weekend; however if you are going to stay more than 3 days you might want to ask for a bigger one. The size of the room was the only minus as the equipment, furniture and toilet were more than satisfying. Night lamps are good and tv is new and ready for a usb hard drive, so bring your movies! If not, use the free wifi to watch something online. The luxury detail you will find it in the toilet speaker which is connected to the Tv and allows you to play your music or your BBC news whilst taking a shower.

Not to mention housekeeping was up to the highest standards. I even checked the pillow and the mattress. Typical spots such as under the sink or messy corners where clean as well. Another thing very important for me about housekeeping is that they were like ghosts and didn´t bother me during all my stay. This is good as well.

Bar also looks good and service is good. they have some nice cakes on display which you should try. I didn´t have breakfast because as the hotel is well located and there is a wide assortment of options for breakfast around, which allows you to experience the city a bit more. I tried the bar and was good but a little overpriced. Room service menu though was good and price were fair, but you might find it a bit short if you stay longer than 3 days.

Location is really good as well, metro station and tram are just in front of the hotel. You can also make a morning walk and get down town in about 15 to 20 min. Is also close to the train station so you don´t need to get a taxi.

So lets see why I give this hotel 4 and not 5 stars. The room was a bit noisy, but really just a bit, at night because the tram, so if you need absolute silence you might want to ask for a room facing the patio. I slept very good and have no complains about the noise. As i said before the room service menu is good but for my fifth star it would need a couple of items more. My room was a bit small for a long stay and a person who stays there a week my find it all cramped.

Overall, this hotel is the best you might find for the money. A must if you go for a weekend. Very good also for long stays but ask for a big room. I really feel like I got a good deal for my money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Nor3383,

Thank you for your thorough review of our hotel. It is very helpful to read such extensive analysis to help us improve our services. It seems to me that you returned home with more than a few Memorable Moments from your stay with us. I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards,
Paris
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Quite well located and unless you are looking for a big hotel, this hotel is perfect.
Very nice building, "very clean & design", bedroom well equiped, sympathical employees and thus for a reasonable level of price, I went there for business and will come back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Nicolas D.,

I was very happy to read, that you returned home with fond memories of Your stay with us. I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future!

Best regards,
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Really beautiful hotel, with a very good location in Budapest. Although the variety of the breakfast is not wide it is very good and the location and kindness of the staff makes up for it! The rooms are very comfortable and the decoration is very lovely too. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone who wishes to visit Budapest!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Anna L!

Thank you for your positive feedback. I will share it with the rest of the team, it will be reassuring for them to hear their efforts are appreciated! I hope you also had some time to look at our exhibition of Eva Koves (a contemporary Hungarian painter/artist) in the lobby and restaurant area. The exhibition will end in April, after that we have another one, already scheduled. It will be something to check out for sure,on your next visit!

Folkestone
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is a really lovely hotel which has just been refurbished after being closed for four years. It's very beautiful and elegant and the rooms are very tasteful but still comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful and spoke good English, breakfast in the lovely stained-glass covered courtyard was excellent. It was also nice and warm too which was big bonus as it was snowing throughout our trip. You can walk everywhere from here. Being based so centrally made it very easy to find your way around the the city for us first timers to Budapest. The only slight negative is that its newness makes it feel a little stark in communal areas. They could do with putting a couple of comfy sofas in the reception or in the courtyard area.

Room Tip: Our room was around the courtyard and was very quiet.