“Great!! Genial!” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   Nyar Utca 6, Budapest 1072, Hungary   |
Ranked #161 of 509 Specialty Lodging in Budapest
“Great!! Genial!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

It was a great place with friendly people, they were willing to help!
The bad point was the breackfast, very poor.

Estuvo todo genial y repetire el sitio si vuelvo a hungria. Los empleados eran maravillosos. La unica pega fue el desayuno que apenas habia variedad

• Stayed December 2013
Judit I, Manager at Marco Polo Top Ho(s)tel, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Thank you for your comment - we are happy that you had a great time with us! :) We will do our best to think over the breakfast offer! Hope to see you again! :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I stayed in a female-only dorm. The room had twelve beds, but it was huge. Every bunk bed had it's own small area, with a curtain so I felt like I had my own space. The lockers were very big and the shower was nice too. The only nuisance was that the wifi was only downstairs in the bar area or in the hallway by reception, which was inconvenient. It was close to a metro stop, so it was easy to get to once you knew where you were going (I did have some trouble getting there at first). The staff were pleasant and reasonably helpful with directions, etc.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Judit I, Manager at Marco Polo Top Ho(s)tel, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for your comment! We are happy that you liked our dormitory arrengement: the privacy in our dorm! We will up-date our directions descriptions to find us easier! Thank you!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

This hostel is very large with several floors and actually it looks like a big hotel. Therefore the rooms are pretty large as well which makes them comfortable and you have your own space. You also have your personal lockers to keep safe your belongings. Location is also fantastic because you can reach the main sites by walking and typical bars called Ruin Bars are all surrounding the hostel. Ask at the reception for the touristic tours they are quiet interesting.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comment! We are really happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked Budapest!
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

People just love a good moan on here... this is a hostel , aimed at travellers, and it serves its purpose extremely well . If you're a middle aged or elderly couple on a romantic trip to Budapest this probably isn't what you're looking for , but what do you expect for the price? Myself and three mates stayed here a few nights while we enjoyed the top class city of Budapest and it was a great stay. Our doom was clean and secure, and the WiFi worked fine . The location was great, loads of good bars around and it's only a short bus ride to everything you'll want to see. there's a cool little courtyard to sit and drink and meet other travellers if you feel like being sociable . If you're travelling on a budget and won't be spending much time in the place other than to sleep or chill out , it does the job perfectly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comment! We are happy that you had a great time with us, in Budapest! :)
Kiev, Ukraine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I and my husband stayed here for 2 nigts and we had lucky that no more.This hostel is average option for a couple of days,but I recommend to stay from Monday till Friday,because there is night club on the ground floor.It's a simple terribly in the Weekends.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your comment! Located in the bar district of Budapest, it might by noisy sometimes. The rooms on the upper floors might be more quiet - please, let us know your needs during the check-in. We do our best to offer more quiet room, if possible! Thank you!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Receptionists useless, not helpful at all. We had a room for 4 people, bathroom stank, tv didn't work, wifi doesn't work in rooms, springs coming out of my bed cut me and tore my trousers, told receptionist and she was useless told me to lie on the sofa bed, didn't even apologise. NO KITCHEN..even though there is a sign for kitchen on a door on the third floor, breakfast disgusting, 4 lockers in room but only one key, lift unstable, cold shower, noisy at night, church bell down the road rings every 15minutes,thin walls, could hear the people in the next room. I wasn't expecting 5* from a hostel but the furniture was outdated and huge chips out of wood

• Stayed August 2013
Judit I, Manager at Marco Polo Top Ho(s)tel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for your review!
I really am very sorry that you had such a bad experience in our hostel.
Regarding points we can change we do our best to improve, like staff at the reception (nicer, more helpful, more professional - better communication), double check again the fournitures (cleaning ladies and repair man are continously doing their best to find and solve the problems), etc. Until recently we had a small kitchenett but we have closed it - sorry if an earlier left-out sign confused you! We took it off!
The free Wi-Fi is only available near the reception area and down in our bar/common room. We would give the chance for our guests to meet with fellow travellers and chat in person - but we also respect the need of travellers to use free Wi-Fi. We also offer the use of computer down our bar!
Each and every single locker has it's own key - please ask from the reception in case you would use all of them!
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

my husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in February when there was ice and snow on pavements from a harsh long winter. It was extremely cold still but for me it was a bonus, the old buildings oozed even more charm with the snow and sunlight combined. It's within a 5 min walk of the opera house, shops, museums, restaurants and even a bar named Alcatraz done up like the prison and staff dressed as inmates etc!! Obviously being a hostel the room was very basic two skinny single beds in the room and bars at the windows looking out on bullet ridden buildings from the past locals don't want to forget. Breakfast was served in the cellar bar area, I loved it even though we were by far the oldest guests at 50+ ! My husband didn't enjoy his stay quite as much due to becoming ill with a chest infection and would have preferred a few more home comforts but he still appreciated the loacation and ambience. We intend to go back and would stay here again though my husband said it would have to be in warmer weather.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your nice comment - I really liked the style of it!
Hope we can welcome you an other - warmer - period of the year as well! :))

Been to Marco Polo Top Ho(s)tel? Share your experiences!