“Excellent Location the rest a mixed bag” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 33%
Ranked #13 of 332 hotels in Budapest
“Excellent Location the rest a mixed bag”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

The Kempinski Hotel Corvinus is generally a very nice hotel. The location is excellent. It is within walking distance of all major attractions. If anything some people might find it to be too busy an area. We upgraded to a deluxe room and it was beautiful. It had two large rooms – a living room and bedroom that were separated by a door. The bathroom was luxurious included a bathtub and a separate shower although it lacked counter space. The room amenities were high end and worked well. The room was very clean. The breakfast, while rather expensive at 21 Euros, was excellent offering a wide variety of hot and cold foods. The wait staff was efficient.

There were a number of things that were a bit disappointing. First, I found that the concierge service always tried to offer you an expensive hotel option. For example, when asked them to call a cab to the airport all they offered was the expensive (7,500 F) hotel car. I had to push to get them to call the (4,000 F) Fotaxi Company which is a reliable alternative. When I asked where I could go to print out a boarding pass I was told to go to the business center where I would be charged. Yet a few minutes later I found in the lobby a free setup offered by Lufthansa Airlines. Friendliness was also lacking from the concierge desk, breakfast room, doormen and cleaning service. However, I did find that the front desk people to be an exception as they were friendly and eager to please. The other problem with the hotel is that the air conditioning system was bit weak. It wasn’t a major issue but for a Kempinski Hotel you would not expect to find this problem.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

1,554 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

The staff at this hotel really make it. They are so welcoming and friendly and always happy to help. The spa was closed when I visited as it was August but guests can use the Meridian spa next door.

The rooms were lovely, though there was no tea and coffee which I would have expected as standard. The location is perfect and it is just a short walk from the river and public transport, though taxis are very cheap in Budapest.

The only issue I had was that both mornings we were woken up by maids coming in to the rooms around 10am which was frustrating.

Other than that, a lovely hotel in a great location with very attentive staff.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
alderley edge, england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Visited Budapest again for th F1 weekend and everything was fine again. Rooms clean and fresh, staff were fine. Location of hotel is super, as is the on site Nobu restaurant (Nobu fish and chips starter to die for!)

Stayed 6 nights.

Only slight niggle was the wifi had a weak signal in our room (725) and would drop out at times as you got further away from the corridor.

Must admit to not paying €25 a head for breakfast, it looks good, but not that good!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

This location is very good in Pest. There is a metro stop and bus stop basically right in front of the hotel that will connect you pretty much anywhere you would want to go in Buda or Pest. You can take one bus from here right up to Buda castle (#16).

The customer service was fair, it took a couple times asking for something to be brought up to our hotel room...which I would expect more of a 5 star hotel. The room were nice...but nothing too special.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
KempinskiBudapest, Manager at Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear valued Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you that you have chosen our hotel for your Budapest stay. It was a pleasure to learn from your comments that you had an overall positive impression of our hotel, its location. We regretly noticed your long waiting time on your room delivery, which is not representing the usual service quality and our team would be delighted to convince you on it should you be willing to stay again at the Kempinski Hotel Corvinus. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again at our hotel and remain

with best regards,
Your Kempinski Budapest Team
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Recently stayed at this hotel while touring Budapest. The hotel is located right in the middle of all the action and within walking distance to lots of restaurants ,shops and tourist spots. Enjoyed the free in room wifi, which is a convenience in this day and age.
The rooms are a bit smaller than similar 5 star properties. Customer service was great. The beds were not as comfortable and also a bit smaller than usual. The shower in our room had some temperature fluctuation and goes slightly cold then hot, not sure if this is just a quirk in our room. And they seem to be stingy with the soap supply, have no idea why.The A/C was at full blast and yet did not cool the room well. We were not uncomfortable, but after a hot day walking around, it would be nice to come back to a cool room.
The hotel had a lot of action while we were there, since the Formula One teams were billeted at this hotel. It was on the busy side, and yet there were a lot of staff to take care of our needs.
Breakfast buffet had the same type of selections as similar properties. Enjoyed the cook to order omelets.
I want to point out a trivial thing that bothered me: I always borrow an adapter from the front desk whenever I'm traveling in Europe, and most of the hotels I stayed at would just note it on my room account until I return the adapters upon checkout. It sort of offended me that they write out a voucher with the price of the adapter(exact amount in Fiorint). I had also borrowed an umbrella because it rained while we were there, and again a voucher with the price on it. I guess they tear it up once the things are returned. But I felt that for such types of hotels they should have more finesse in handling these things. It just felt crude to me. This is just my opinion, the only other place I have ever experienced this type of accounting is in China (a Chinese brand of hotel and not a major chain). I thought that the hotel cater to a more upscale clientele.This indelicate handling is a surprise.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear valued Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you that you have honored our hotel for your Budapest stay and taking the time to share your opinion on Tripadvisor.

It was a pleasure to learn from your comments that you valued the excellent location and free Wi-FI service at our hotel.
We are very sorry to learn that not every department and every service were up to your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconveniences caused. There is a continuous effort on our side to improve our services and we are grateful for your comments. We will happy to review our adapter handling policy, which under no circumstances was meant offending.
Great to read that you enjoyed the omelets, please be ready for further culinary adventures upon your next stay in our Restaurant Giardino with traditional and modern takes on Hungarian Cuisine, or simply enjoy the new-style Japanese Cuisine of NOBU.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again at the Kempinski Hotel Corvinus in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerelly,
The Kempinski Budapest Team
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I entered the very impressive main lobby and received a very nice welcome from the staff.
The lobby is very styish and a nice area to relax and have a drink or read a book or even visit one of the many designer shops in the hotel shopping arcade which leads around to a lovely restaurant toward the right, or to the outside terrace on the left.
The terrace is very nice where you can relax and get a nice view of some of the shops and stalls. I felt very relaxed with the staff and recieved good advice and tips on the citys nightlife.

The room was excellent, very spacious and a large bathroom with a seperate shower. A nice office area with perfect ambient lighting with the array of various lamps and lights everywhere.
Could not however find the room service food menu and had to settle with what they advised over the phone, telling me that they didn't have a room service menu. ( cannot remember exactly the reason for this as I'd had a few drinks ), so I settled for a very acceptable burger and chips.

Overally, I would definately recommend this hotel, the location is perfect, the staff are helpful and the decor is very styish and welcoming and it looks like everything you'd expect from a 5star hotel.
I wish I stayed longer, but I will when I visit again in October...

Room Tip: Not much view from the rooms, but a room overlooking the gardens is rather nice.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
KempinskiBudapest, Manager at Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Dear valued Guest,

thank you for your kind comments and pictures shared on Tripadvisor. We are happy to read that you had an overall positive impression on our hotel and its services. The room service menu is accessible on the TV in the room in the Information/In-room dining session, but we ill make sure that for your next visit we provide you a printed version as well.

Looking forward to welcoming you back at the Kempinski Hotel Corvinus in October again, we remain with the very best regards,

Your Kempinski Budapest Team
Sandal, Wakefield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Absolutely fabulous hotel, well worth staying here.....The breakfasts are fantastic with a great choice to choose from....Very nice rooms with lovely en-suite....Ideally located to many restaurants.....Would recommend Mokka (www.mokkarestaurants.hu), food to die for.....Outside the hotel you can go on the Hop On Hopp Off bus.

Room Tip: we stayed on the 5th floor overlooking the park.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest? Share your experiences!