“Panda rocks!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #186 of 329 Hotels in Budapest
Tuusula, Finland
“Panda rocks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This hotel is great. There's everything you need nearby (grocery, bus stop, tram stop), rooms had enough space and staff is great. But sometimes it was hard to communicate with staff since some of them doesn't speak very well English. But i think this hotel saved my vacation. From here it goes very personal so you can stop reading if you don't like personal stuff. I was visiting my sister who studies in Hungary. I had my mom and my aunt with me and we stayed one week. My mom is alcoholic and she has given me and my sister really hard time, and it continued in Hungary. Most of the time i was down and mad because mom was drinking hard everyday. And then came my birthday, and my aunt went and asked if we could have some coffee to our room that day and they said yes. So when i opened the door there was this very sweet and kind man saying "Happy Birthday!", and he had tray full of coffee and cocoa (that cocoa was the best i have ever tasted) and i was shocked in a good way. It made me forget all bad things. This may seem over the top since it was "just coffee and cocoa" but to me it meant so much. Thank you

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I reserved at the Panda because I started looking for hotels three days before leaving and could not find anything else for a triple room at reasonable price.
I was a bit worried by some very negative reviews on this Hotel, and I have to say I do not understand why they were so negative.

The position is not central, but it's on the Buda hills in a very nice residential area, green and quiet. The bus stop of line 5 is exactly in front of the Hotel; you reach metro line M3 in less than 10 minutes, and in about 15 minutes you are in the city center.
The quality/price ratio is excellent for a sightseeing family trip with a limited budget; some reviews complained about the TV not working or the absence of a restaurant in the hotel, but I'd argue that you do not go to Budapest to eat in the hotel and look at Hungarian TV.
Room was reasonably spacious, the bathroom was ok. Beds were extremely comfortable. The staff is welcoming and very helpful; we needed help to reserve for the thermal baths in the city center and they made the phone calls for us.
On the negative side, there was not a real wardrobe to put cloths and stuff, and the towels were not changed for three days. But again, I spent 80 euro/night for a triple room, so I am certainly not complaining too loud.
I would certainly use this hotel again in case I go back to Budapest.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Budapest
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

The Hotel was unlit, unmaintained old building. The lightbulbs were not working. we looked at several hotel rooms, but the doors could not be closed.
This hotel was more of a haunted house than a hotel. At best it could be a very old and unmaintained student hostel.

When we complained to the front desk, they said they don't care.

This Hotel should not even have one star.

We left immediately, and stayed at a main hotel chain.
!!DONT BELIEVE ANY OF THE PICTURES OR THE GOOD REVIEWS!!
AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS!!!

Room Tip: Never come here! Avoid at all costs!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Chislehurst Kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Whilst I appreciate the decor is a bit weathered, the interior could be updated I have to say my stay ther was a very pleasant. The beds were very comfortable, the rooms clean and the staff very helpful. I stayed there for 4 nights, it is positioned just outside the main city but the number 5 bus stop is just over the road and when returning the stop is within 10 meters of the hotel. There is no restaurant in the hotel and breakfast is very continental and basic, they will serve beer but I didnot see any spirits. If it's just a bed you need, and with the ruin bars in Budapest it's just a bed you'll definately need I would strongly recommend this hotel, if it's something a little up market do not choose this one.

Room Tip: 205 had a balcony, airconditioning, fridge and TV
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are small. The bathroom is not clean en very old. The breakfast is horrible but the staff is very friendly and we only paid ?30 for two persons per night. So what do you expect for this money..........

Satu Mare, Romania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I stay there for a night as a guide with a group of students. It is ok if you expect 2* condition, small rooms, very few facilites in the room, small bathroom . Breakfast is ok for a 3* hotel but not for a hotel considerated 4* . Location is not very good, 4 parking place only, if you are with your car do not expect a parking place to be available. This hotel has 4* only becuase has hire people with disabilites. Old furniture in the rooms, the TV come from a closet. Do not pay more then 50 euro/double room if you want a real 4* hotel chose another one.

Room Tip: Request a room with balcony or at the top floor, there are bigger rooms.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

They do not make up your room daily.
Wifi does not work in rooms.
Restaurant closed most of the time.
Horrible breakfast.
Facilitates advertised on website are not in hotel, but nearby.
Staff were nice.
More like a 2 star hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Panda? Share your experiences!