This hotel has to rate way up there as one of the best hotels that we've stayed in to date. The setting is superb. In the castle district overlooking Budapest, it is the most beautiful and romantic place imaginable. The sun shone for the whole of the three days that we spent in this city hugely enhancing the experience. In the evening when the visitors to the area have departed the only people in the surrounding streets tend to be people staying in the hotel or patrons of the few nearby restaurants. Vehicle access to the castle district is limited to guests staying at the castle and very few others. This means that if your preference is for a peaceful, serene location the Hilton certainly offers you that option.
The staff are wonderful; trained to a high standard of efficiency, friendly, helpful and all fluent English speakers.
Out thanks particularly to Akos, on the concierge desk. He arranged for us to be picked up at the airport as well as securing us a lovely table at the famous Gundels Restaurant. It's that type of service that can make all the difference to someone's holiday. It started well and it continued in that vein for the whole of our stay.
Our bedroom - room 201 - was on the second floor. As large as you could wish, how big do some people need? Interesting layout. Lots of toiletries in the bathroom, room serviced totally each day and very, very quiet at night. The huge bed was soooooo comfortable.
The hotel has a restaurant with a fabulous view. The only thing that we would suggest to the management is to dim the lights at night. The bright lights inside the restaurant drown out the beautiful view of the city of Budpest spread out at the foot of the hill. Dimming the lights would also add romantic appeal and the addition of a few pretty candles would make all the difference to the ambience.
A little tip to anyone visiting the Castle Hilton: don't leave without visiting the Faust Wine Cellar under the hotel.
Managed by a lovely young couple it has to be one of the most atmospheric places in which to taste the fantastic wines produced by the Hungarian vineyards. Informed and passionate about their wines, we enjoyed our visit to the cellar so much that my partner visited each night of our visit and changed his hand luggage status on the flight back to checked baggage just so that he could bring back a quantity of the fabulous wines for sale in the Faust Wine Cellar.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Budapest - Castle District Hotel
- Hilton Budapest - Castle District Hotel Budapest
- Hilton Budapest Castle District
- Hilton Budapest
- Budapest Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Budapest is located in the city’s historic Castle District, and has magnificent views over the River Danube, the centre of Pest and the romantic, narrow, cobbled streets of old Buda.TripAdvisor published a list of the top 10 hotel rooms in the world with the most beautiful views in March 2012. Hilton Budapest is proud to announce that the hotel was on the list.It takes only ten minutes to get to the Pest side by the bus which has a stop next to the hotel.Mammut one of the largest shopping mall is only five minutes away by walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Budapest - Castle District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.