as a hilton diamond member we are used to good service by the hilton chain. This hotel trumped every other that we have ever stayed in. They arranged an executive transfer from the railway station at 9am (which cost less than a taxi), gave us an early check-in at 9.30am, upgraded us to the executive floor to a lovely room with a view of the Danube and were helpful and attentive throughout, despite this being a reward stay. The lounge was pleasant, the concierge was simply amazing and they made us feel truly welcome. If we ever return I would not consider staying anywhere else.
The hotel is located in the Castle district of Buda, and as such it is a bit of a trek down to Pest which is where we would recommend eating as the restaurants around the hotel are definitely aimed at the passing tourists and are not particularly memorable.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Budapest - Castle District Hotel
- Hilton Budapest - Castle District Hotel Budapest
- Hilton Budapest Castle District
- Hilton Budapest
- Budapest Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the city’s historic Castle District, Hilton Budapest has magnificent views over the River Danube, the centre of Pest and the romantic, narrow, cobbled streets of old Buda.It takes only ten minutes to get to the city center (Pest side) by bus, stop is next to the hotel. Mammut, one of the largest shopping malls is easly accessible on foot in only five minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Budapest - Castle District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.