“Dreams do come true” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Budapest - Castle District

You added Hilton Budapest - Castle District to your Saves list
Hilton Budapest - Castle District
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hess Andras ter 1 - 3 | Castle District, Budapest 1014, Hungary   |
Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #24 of 329 Hotels in Budapest
Livingston, Alabama
“Dreams do come true”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton last week as a young woman staying alone in a huge foreign city and couldn't have felt more safe and cared for. The location is perfect and the view breathtaking! The staff was always very nice and took care of everything I needed. Breakfast at the hotel was delicious and the excellent Pest-Buda Restaurant and Cafe Pierrot are just a short walk away. The metro is a good 15 minute walk down the hill but I felt very safe walking back and forth and the hotel was more than happy to arrange taxis for me too. I saw the maids cleaning rooms and they picked up the beds and moved all the furniture; impressive! The beds were super comfortable and the bathroom was very nice. Wifi was only free in the public areas. I cried when I checked out and I cannot wait to return to Budapest and to the Hilton on Castle Hill!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest - Castle District, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am pleased to hear that you have had such a perfect stay here with us at the Hilton Budapest. It sounds like the stunning location and the comfort of your room itself as well as the breakfast offerings were particularly to your satisfaction.

I appreciate your kind comments regarding the professional attitude of our Front Desk and Housekeeping team and I have forwarded your review to the appropriate members of management team.

Thank you very much once again for writing to us, and I look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Zoltán Árvai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (579)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We were very pleased with this hotel. It's in a superb location in the Castle district. To us, the decor was good and rather than dated, we preferred to see it as a very well maintained example of a late seventies/early eighties hotel interior. Our room didn't have a panoramic view but was large, clean and comfortable - with enough '5 star' touches to make it a little special. On the other hand - the bathroom was small (no walk-in shower, just one over the bath). Staff members at reception and in the bar were friendly and professional. Housekeeping was efficient and unobtrusive. It's less 'glitzy' maybe, than some of the other luxury hotels in the Castle district or in Pest - but we would stay there again.
One thing - for getting around, the little number 16 bus which to and from the Castle district (into Pest); and links to the metro system is your friend (and stops very close to the Hilton).

Room Tip: Cheaper classic rooms without a 'view' of the Danube etc are perfectly ok.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent and review.

I am very glad to hear that you have had a good stay with us at the Hilton Budapest. We are pleaesed to know that you enjoyed our hospitality.
Thank you very much once again for your kind words, and if you do plan a return visit please do contact us at reservations.budapest@hilton.com.

Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Long weekend for my wife's birthday - booked a Danube view room and find the Fishermans Bastion right outside our window and a fabulous view of the river and Houses of Parliament. Don't usually rate Hiltons but this one is spot on. Reception staff a little surly and unattentive otherwise a perfect hotel but still 5 out of 5. Much more pleasant than the the 4 seasons and others in the busy town areas

• Stayed March 2013

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am very happy to read that you have had such an enjoyable stay here with us at the Hilton Budapest. We take pride in having our guest's birthdays noted wherever possible, and I am so pleased that on the occasion of your wife's birthday you have had such a memorable time.

When you do plan a return visit to us, please do reach out to me at zoltan.arvai@hilton.com and I will be more than happy to assist you going forward.

Waukesha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This latest visit confirmed my opinion of the Hilton in the Castle District. It is reasonably priced, safe, quiet and a little bit on the nicer side. The Castle District is a quiet area of the city with good food. A visit to the wine cellar in the hotel is also well worth your while. The breakfast is very good, and very quick. The view from behind the hotel is breathtaking, romantic, and not to be missed. I'll be back there again soon.

Room Tip: The second floor has some rooms with small staircases and windows that open to the street - very co...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest - Castle District, responded to this review, March 21, 2013

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am so pleased that you have had such a nice stay here with us at the Hilton Budapest, We are thrilled that we could ensure that it was a stay to remember and you consider to return to us very soon.

I am so pleased that the location of our property worked out so well for you, and the unique historic sights of the Castle District made your holiday even more memorable.
Thank you for telling other Travellers that our breakfast service was so much to your liking.

When you plan your next visit , please contact us at reservations.budapest@hilton.com, or reach out to me directly at zoltan.arvai@hilton.com.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is next door to Matyas Church and the Fisherman's Bastion and very close to the Royal Palace. There are also some great, reasonably priced restaurants nearby so the location is great. There are good views from the room and the breakfast area.

The service we had at the Hilton was excellent. Every single member of staff spoke perfect english and was very helpful and friendly. We were able to secure our bags securely after check-out too which was great.

The rooms were clean and had everything we might need, including a safe, an iron and ironing board, and a hairdryer in the bathroom.

The breakfast buffet was delicious and fresh, with everything you could possibly want including cakes!

I would recommend this hotel and if I stayed in Budapest again I would be happy to return myself.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am very pleased to hear that you have had such a memorable stay here at the Hilton Budapest and that our unique location, our views and our services were so much to your liking.
When you plan your next visit in the summer, please contact us at reservations.budapest@hilton.com, or reach out to me directly at zoltan.arvai@hilton.com.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had an excellent experience at the Budapest Hilton in the Castle District. If you can tear yourself away from the view, it is a short walk to many sites and excellent museums. The hotel is spotless and the staff very willing to assist. I agree with another reviewer, this is the one of the best hotels I have ever experienced.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Danube.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am very happy to hear that you have had a pleasant time here with us and you were impressed by our majestic location. I am proud to read that our team members have been doing their utmost to make you feel valued and taken care of during your whole stay.

Thank you very much once again for your feedback, and we look forward to having you with us again in the years to come.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I've been at Hilton last year for business: one of the best hotel I ever been!
Amazing and quite location with excellent view of the Danube river from the massive room, well decorated and always perfectly cleaned; spacious bathroom with both shower and bath tub.
Rich and various breakfast with fresh treats every morning, was hard going to work after eating something so delicious.
High quality as expected from Hilton Hotels.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest - Castle District, responded to this review, March 19, 2013

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am very glad to hear that you have had such an excellent stay here with us at the Hilton Budapest. It is so inspiring for us to know that you enjoyed our hospitality and that we have been able to impress you during this stay.

Zoltán Árvai

Been to Hilton Budapest - Castle District? Share your experiences!