“A wonderful place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Budapest - Castle District

You added Hilton Budapest - Castle District to your Saves list
Hilton Budapest - Castle District
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hess Andras ter 1 - 3 | Castle District, Budapest 1014, Hungary   |
Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #24 of 329 Hotels in Budapest
London, United Kingdom
“A wonderful place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We booked this hotel a few months before our visit to Budapest for our first wedding anniversary. Because we got quite a good deal we didn't expect our room to be so spectacular but we were informed on arrival we had been upgraded to a three-storey outstanding suite. It was HUGE! A grand downstairs with bar, lounge area and bathroom, a mezzanine study and a massive bedroom area on the top floor.

We spent as much time in there as we possibly could which is actually not easy with only 48 hours to spend in an amazing city like Budapest. The staff at the hotel were also courteous and attentive without being intrusive.

The suite aside, the hotel is in the BEST location for spectacular views over Budapest and it is situated within the Buda Castle area. The breakfast was delicious with loads of choice and if you can bag a window table you are right in the middle of any castle action.

Have recommended this to our friends and if we ever go back to Budapest we shall definitely stay there. Thanks for helping to make our first wedding anniversary so special!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest - Castle District, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Sarah,

First off, heartfelt congratulations on your wedding anniversary! I am very happy that you have had such a nice time here with us on your first anniversary, and that everything was so to your liking. I am very happy to hear that you have received such an upgrade to our beautiful Baroque Suite. I am particularly happy that the service you have received has been impeccable, as that is exactly the level of service that we strive to provide.

Thank you very much once again, and please do reach out to us at reservations.budapest@hilton.com or to myself directly at zoltan. arvai@hilton.com when you plan a return visit to Hilton Budapest.

General Manger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (579)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Liversedge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Joined my wife at this hotel where she had been on a week long business conference from the Thursday to the Sunday. What a fantastic hotel this is. The room on the executive floor was superb and the view alone is was priceless. The hotel is high up ob the Buda side commanding fantastic views of ... everywhere! Hotel staff could not do enough for us and organised private tour guides and trips and tips of anything you are interested in. The exec lounge is great and just the thing after a long day.
If you want to be in the thick of the city then this is not the hotel but your 10mins away only by taxi cab from the main shops etc and have the comfort back at base when required.

Room Tip: Pay the little xtra and get a room on floor 3 with a view over the river and onto Pest. It is so wo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest - Castle District, responded to this review, February 21, 2013

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am thrilled to hear that you have had such a fantastic time here with us, particularly during a weekend break. We pride ourselves on providing the very best in service and care for our guests, whether on business or leisure, and I am very pleased that you were able to experience this first-hand.

Thank you very much once again for your kind feedback regarding the matchless location of our hotel, and we look forward to having you with us again in the years to come.

Chorley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This hotel was perfect in every way. We paid an extra £7 per night for a river view and it was well worth the extra. This is the most amazing view I have ever experienced from any hotel I have ever stayed at anywhere. The rooms were extremely clean and well maintained. The location is perfect - Buda is by far the most beautiful part of the city. Travelling to pest was extremely east either on the number 16 bus or we walked down to the tram. A 24 hr travel pass was only about £10 and this was for a maximum of 5 people. The trams run 24 hours inbetween Buda and Pest. We will visit Budapest again and we will definitely choose this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view which gives you an amazing view of the river and the city.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am so pleased to hear that you have had such a great stay with us here at Hilton Budapest . Our views are certainly a highlight, whether facing towards the River Danube or the outstanding the sights of Buda and Pest.

We strive to provide our guests with the highest standard of hospitality, and I am so glad to hear that you have had such a fabulous stay in this regard. Our team is extremely pleased to read your kind words regarding their attentivness and the cleanliness of our hotel.

Thank you very much once again, and please do reach out to us at reservations.budapset@hilton.com or myself directly at zoltan.arvai@hilton.com with any enquiries or special requests

Buchanan, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Our European family recommended that we stay at the Hilton in the Budapest Castle District. We were very pleased with the friendliness of the staff, wonderful food in the restaurant, and exceptional facilities. If you need something, do not be surprised if the senior management makes themselves available to assist you. As a retired CEO, I am pleased to say that this is a very well run facility.

Room Tip: Request a room above the third floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and your time taken to submit review.

I am so pleased to hear that you have had such a great stay with us here at Hilton Budapest.
We strive to provide our guests with the highest standard of hospitality, and I am so gald that you have had such a fabulous stay in this regard.

Thank you very much once again for your kind words, and please do reach out to either reservations.budapest@hilton.com or myself directly at zoltan.arvai@hilton.com the next time you plan a visit to us here in Budapest and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Bluffton, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I am a Hilton Honors member due to my occupation. I stay in different US and European Hiltons at least twice a month if not more. This is in the top 3 I have ever stayed for several reasons.

1. They pick you up at the airport and return you for a reasonable price and put it on your bill so you dont have to worry about having the national currency, HF. They emailed me before my visit to organise the airport pickup without me prompting them.

2. The Hotel is situated in the Buda castle district which is a very old part of the city. I felt like I was in the old ages as I walked the streets in the early evening. It is a very beautiful area of the city and there are lots of places to eat and take in a drink with great atmosphere.

3. The service was excellent. The staff were very attentive from the front desk, the the restaraunt for breakfast and dinner.

4. The executive lounge is great with one of the best views for any hotel I have ever been in and I am privaleged to work and stay all over Europe and the USA.

5. The view of the Danube and Hungarian Parliament from my hotel room was breathtaking.

6. It is February, so quiet season for the city but I paid 77 Euros per night. That is a great rate for this stature of hotel.

If you are traveling for work this is a great hotel to stay in. I highly recommend it as after a hard days work you can relax and take in this gorgeous area of the city.

Some disadvantages are that the access to the hotel is a little tough unless you are a taxi driver as the hotel is in an area with lots of tourism as the cathedral, Buda castle and some museums are up there. There are 2 or 3 barriers to go through and can be a little tricky, however not a major issue. Also the fitness area is a little poor. It is crammed away in a section of the hotel that is a little less inviting for exercise however the views can be seen out the windows and it is quite nice.
The wi-fi internet is also very poor. The download speed was terrible and I couldnt skype with my family and loading any advanced websites was poor. It was not ideal however it did work for email.

Overall I still give it a 5 out of 5 as it had something special about it and the price was just great.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Pest side overlooking the river. One of the best views in Europe. Also be...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am delighted to hear that on your trip to us here at the Hilton Budapest and also that you were able to take advantage of our special winter offer and enjoyed your stay with us. Our team pride themselves on their professionalism and attentiveness, and they were very pleased to read your kind words and of your enjoyable stay.

Thank you very much for reaching out to us regarding the access to the Buda Castle Area.
Please let me advise you about the reason for the "barriers".

Whole Buda Castle Area is under the protection of UNESCO, as it is a UNESCO Wolrd Heritage site. On the other hand this area gives home to several national treasures like the former Royal Palace of Hungary, Our Lady's (Matthias) Church (coronation church of the Hungarian Royal families) Home and office of the President of Hungary, the Hungarian National Gallery, numerous museums.

It is easy to enter the Castle Area, you just need to press the ticket button at the entrance and, if you are a guest of our hotel, validate your ticket at the reception desk before your departure. Parking for the guests of Hilton Budapest in front of the hotel is currently free of charge.

As for our wi-fi service, we have recently introduced free service in all public areas of the hotel.
The new system is continuously checked and we do our utmost to be able to provide the highest level of service.

Thank you very much once again for taking the time to share your valuable review. When you are next planning a visit to Budapest, please do not hesitate to contact me at zoltan.arvai@hilton.com.

Zoltan Árvai
Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

It was a wonderful experience to visit Budapest 2 days prior to sailing on a river cruise on the Danube River that ended in Nuremberg,Germany.

It has great restaurants,people are friendly and since it's not euro currency controlled,your US dollars lasts much more.I was highly impressed by the service at this lovely hotel,even after we ran into a problem with our cruise company due to a last minute change in vessel,the desk manager was up to date in his info about this event,and he directed us to the correct pier and at the right time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest - Castle District, responded to this review, February 5, 2013

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

It is fantastic for me to read that you have had such a good time here with us during your Danube river cruise ride. The importance of attentive and professional Front Desk personnel cannot be overstated, and I am very happy that you have been so pleased with both our services and our personnel.

Thank you very much once again for your kind words, and I look forward to having you with us again in the future.

atlanta ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Recently stayed 3 vacation nights and was totally pleased with everything about this hotel. The location is superb --you can walk to the nearby Buda Castle and Matthias Cathedral and catching the #16 Bus (literally across the street) to Pest can be handled by anyone. Taxis to the Opera and to/from the train station were reasonable and arranged by the Hotel.

The views from the hotel and from the Fishermans Bastions (behind the hotel) of the Parliament Bldg are indeed awesome! The Concierge and front office staff of this Hilton were most helpful to us and helped make our visit to Budapest "most memorable"!

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am so thrilled to read that you have had such an enjoyable stay at our hotel. It sounds like your memorable stay was matched by the beautiful views, which is absolutely the type of experience we aim to provide throughout the the property.

Thank you very much once again for your kind words, and we would love to have you back with us again in the future.

Zoltán Árvai

Been to Hilton Budapest - Castle District? Share your experiences!