I am a Hilton Honors member due to my occupation. I stay in different US and European Hiltons at least twice a month if not more. This is in the top 3 I have ever stayed for several reasons.
1. They pick you up at the airport and return you for a reasonable price and put it on your bill so you dont have to worry about having the national currency, HF. They emailed me before my visit to organise the airport pickup without me prompting them.
2. The Hotel is situated in the Buda castle district which is a very old part of the city. I felt like I was in the old ages as I walked the streets in the early evening. It is a very beautiful area of the city and there are lots of places to eat and take in a drink with great atmosphere.
3. The service was excellent. The staff were very attentive from the front desk, the the restaraunt for breakfast and dinner.
4. The executive lounge is great with one of the best views for any hotel I have ever been in and I am privaleged to work and stay all over Europe and the USA.
5. The view of the Danube and Hungarian Parliament from my hotel room was breathtaking.
6. It is February, so quiet season for the city but I paid 77 Euros per night. That is a great rate for this stature of hotel.
If you are traveling for work this is a great hotel to stay in. I highly recommend it as after a hard days work you can relax and take in this gorgeous area of the city.
Some disadvantages are that the access to the hotel is a little tough unless you are a taxi driver as the hotel is in an area with lots of tourism as the cathedral, Buda castle and some museums are up there. There are 2 or 3 barriers to go through and can be a little tricky, however not a major issue. Also the fitness area is a little poor. It is crammed away in a section of the hotel that is a little less inviting for exercise however the views can be seen out the windows and it is quite nice.
The wi-fi internet is also very poor. The download speed was terrible and I couldnt skype with my family and loading any advanced websites was poor. It was not ideal however it did work for email.
Overall I still give it a 5 out of 5 as it had something special about it and the price was just great.
Ask for a room facing Pest side overlooking the river. One of the best views in Europe.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you very much for your recent review.
I am delighted to hear that on your trip to us here at the Hilton Budapest and also that you were able to take advantage of our special winter offer and enjoyed your stay with us. Our team pride themselves on their professionalism and attentiveness, and they were very pleased to read your kind words and of your enjoyable stay.
Thank you very much for reaching out to us regarding the access to the Buda Castle Area.
Please let me advise you about the reason for the "barriers".
Whole Buda Castle Area is under the protection of UNESCO, as it is a UNESCO Wolrd Heritage site. On the other hand this area gives home to several national treasures like the former Royal Palace of Hungary, Our Lady's (Matthias) Church (coronation church of the Hungarian Royal families) Home and office of the President of Hungary, the Hungarian National Gallery, numerous museums.
It is easy to enter the Castle Area, you just need to press the ticket button at the entrance and, if you are a guest of our hotel, validate your ticket at the reception desk before your departure. Parking for the guests of Hilton Budapest in front of the hotel is currently free of charge.
As for our wi-fi service, we have recently introduced free service in all public areas of the hotel.
The new system is continuously checked and we do our utmost to be able to provide the highest level of service.
Thank you very much once again for taking the time to share your valuable review. When you are next planning a visit to Budapest, please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.