“Great hotel, wonderful way to experience Budapest” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Budapest - Castle District

You added Hilton Budapest - Castle District to your Saves list
Hilton Budapest - Castle District
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hess Andras ter 1 - 3 | Castle District, Budapest 1014, Hungary (District I / Buda)   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - Save 30%
Ranked #28 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Modiin, Israel
“Great hotel, wonderful way to experience Budapest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We had a wonderful company sales conference. The location is perfect, they have all the requirements of a large business meeting. Food is served always on time and at the right amount, always a heathy chioce as well.

Room Tip: Higher floors, great view of the Danube and Parliament
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest - Castle District, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to host your conference at our hotel and welcome you among the guests.
Thank you for sharing with other Travellers that you were pleased with our serviceces.
I hope we may take the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Zoltán Árvai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (722)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oslo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I think its quite nice hotel, but I am not as impressed as everyone else here seems to be.
Rather I am wondering if this really is the best Budapest has to offer?

Its a very old hotel, certainly well kept and has its style. I can see that many would find this old classic style to be charming. Just dont expect a very modern hotel.

The riverview room offer a fantastic view. However the experience on the other side is less charming. And I found the noise isolation rather poor, so if you are a light sleeper like me and dont want to get up to early by aware of this.

The location is excellent, situated in heart of the old city, with downtown just 5-10 min taxi ride away.

The breakfast buffet is really good, allthough 30 euros is pricey.
What is also pricey is internet access, and on top of that the wifi reception was very poor in my room.

Paying nearly 9 euro for 0,75 liter water is simply outrageous. It should be forbidden by law to capitalize that much on very thirsty guest that would rather stay away from the tap water!

Room Tip: Riverview rooms offer fantastic view. I think the charge is about 30 euro extra in general. Rooms on...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest - Castle District, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I'm pleased to read that you liked the unqiue location and the selection of the buffet breakfast.
Yes this a traditional hotel focusing on good value and great customer experience.

I'd like to inform you and other readers as well that guests may book a bed & breakfast rate which offers good selection of breakfast for affordable price.

Please note that we will change our internet system very soon and will offer free public area WIFI and better prices.

Yours sincerely,
Zoltan Arvai
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Just back from a great weekend in Budapest with my girlfriend. We stayed in the Hilton and had a fantastic time! Everything about the hotel was lovely, starting with the drive up the hill to the beautiful castle district and it was a pleasant surprise to have the benefit of free parking on the street outside. The interior of the hotel is quite grand and spotlessly clean and all the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. Service was consistently efficient and unobtrusive. The best part of the hotel, though, was the view we had from our room overlooking the Danube and on towards the city. Budapest is gorgeous and has a real, old world, eastern European grandeur about it. Lit up at night, it is absolutely stunning and the hotel is perfectly situated to take advantage of the incredible views. The Executive Lounge in the hotel is also a great bonus. Nothing spectacular, but it's nice to be able to pop in for a drink and a snack during the day. We had a quick dinner in there on Saturday evening before going out and the food was delicious. I'm sure we will visit Budapest again soon and the Hilton will be our only choice of hotel.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a Danube view room. It is definitely worth the money!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest - Castle District, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at Hilton Budapest and taking the time to share your positive comments with Tripadvisor Community.

I was absolutely delighted to read that you had an excellent stay at our hotel. I am pleased that our splendid location and our services made you feel welcome. Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback regarding the dedicated team and the offer of our Executive Lounge. I am pleased that we succeeded in making your Budapest city break really memorable.

Once again, thank you so much for your feedback, which I have shared with our team. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Budapest!

Medford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

The combination of service and location make this the best hotel in Budapest from our point of view. The staff on the executive floor was outstanding being both attentive and knowledgable. The view from our room overlooking the Danube was breath taking. The evening drinks and snacks offered on the executive floor as well as the full breakfast make the executive floor a particularly good value at this property.

Room Tip: Rooms on the executive floor overlooking the Danube offer some of the best views in Budapest.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I was very happy to read that you were impressed by our services as well as our unique location.

I am also glad that the services of our Executive Lounge Team made you feel good during your stay. Our aim is to provide each guest with a first class tailored service to meet their needs and ensure that they feel cared for, valued and respected. I am pleased that we succeeded in all of our goals during your stay.

Once again, thank you so much for your wonderful feedback, which I have shared with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Budapest soon!

Best regards
Normandy, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed from 30th December 2012 to 2nd January 2013

TRANSPORT: We reserved a shuttle from the airport to the hotel (and back) via airportshuttle.hu. Everything was perfect, unbeatable price, on time, polite driver, and efficiency.

THE HOTEL: Very nicely located in the Castle District with a bus that goes regularly to the main center downtown. The man at the reception was extremely helpful, giving all sorts of information even without my asking for it. The personnel were polite and helpful without being intrusive.

EXECUTIVE LOUNGE: Cosy, friendly and beautiful view of Budapest. Check in/check out. Internet and printer available. “Lunch” was very disappointing, only a few cakes and savory tidbits. Otherwise, cold beverages and tea/coffee and fruit were available all day. Tea time, a few cakes, but nice. “Dinner”, alcoholic/non alcoholic drinks only from 6 – 8.30. Savories, pastries etc. Nothing exceptional at all, like with the majority of the chain’s Executive Lounges (I’ve seen “true” executive lounges such as in Rome Cavalieri and Conrad Bali). I’m not complaining, it’s just a statement (I spend a lot of time outside sightseeing in any case!) because the grand majority of all the “Executive Lounges” are just a private club type room with internet + printer + a bottle of water in your room + pre dinner drinks from 6 – 8.30 + a few things to nibble. I really don’t think the extra price is worth this “privilege” anymore but having earned a gold card, well …. I use it!

BREAKFAST: We had breakfast in the Icon restaurant. The usual big Hilton spread, lots of choice. Nice view, if you sit near the window.

THE ROOM: We were delighted to have been given an upgrade, a spacious duplex suite on 4th floor, kitchenette, dining table and 2 televisions. I had in fact asked for a room overlooking the Danube but I suppose they were all taken during the Christmas/New Year period.

TO DO: A meal/drink at the very classy and stylish “Gresham Palace” hotel. Spend a couple of hours at the Szechenyi baths but bring (big) bath towel/s and slippers from the hotel and arrive early. Especially, buy your tickets beforehand online, otherwise, you’ll spend hours queuing.

COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER: A separate Smoker’s lounge would be greatly appreciated rather than having to go outside to smoke and a New Year’s present (calendar) or just a token to celebrate this special time of year would have been nice.

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to inform me and other readers of your recent experience at our Hilton Budapest.

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and explored so many things in Budapest.

I'm proud to read that you find our team polite and helpful, so I've forwarded your email to them as I do with all of the reviews and comments.

Would you please note that we follow our Hilton Brand Standards as selection of items and service offered to our customers to make sure our clients find the same level of service in all of our hotels.

I regret that you had to go out for smoking but this is reguled by the law, which does not allow to build a new smoking lounge.

Thank you again for your feedback and hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back again.

Yours sincerely,
Zoltan Arvai
Halifax, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay over the New Year at this hotel. The check-in staff in the Executive Lounge were helpful and friendly. The room had an absolutely fabulous view (318) as it looked directly onto the Fishermans Bastion and then across the water to the Houses of Parliament - quite breathtaking in an evening when all lit up. We ate twice in the Icon restaurant and the food was excellent, as was the service -Lazlo, our waiter, was particularly efficient and friendly. We thought the Executive lounge was a lovely add-on - we had breakfast there each morning and it had an excellent selection, although on the last day it was changed to just continental - we did have the option of going to the buffet downstairs but chose the nice peaceful comfort of the lounge and a slightly smaller breakfast! The evening drinks were a real bonus and again the service was discreet and efficient - particularly the gentleman who oversaw the lounge area in the evenings. Overall the hotel is comfortable, spotlessly clean and in an ideal location - you have all the pretty old town area on your doorstep and it's only about a 15 minute walk (downhill ! slightly more on the way back up) to Pest. The concierge service in the executive lounge was also excellent and we had assistance with restaurant and taxi bookings which ensured everything went smoothly. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough - from the desk staff to the porters, everyone was courteous and helpful; we would definitely return.

Room Tip: A higher floor will get you a better view and ask for a Danube view if possible - although I suspect...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest - Castle District, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I was absolutely delighted to learn that you had an excellent stay at our hotel! I am pleased that the services of our Executive Lounge Team contributed to your well-being. Our aim is to provide each guest with a first class tailored service to meet their needs and ensure that they feel cared for, valued and respected. I am pleased that we succeeded in all of our goals during your stay.

Once again, thank you so much for your wonderful feedback, which I have shared with the team. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Budapest!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

It's right up on top of the hill with views out over Budapest, something we didn't expect. Staff are really helpful with recommendations and the breakfast was excellent! It's not the most modern of hotels but the location and friendly staff certainly make up for it. You can easily get buses or walk to all the major sights from here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I appreciate your time taken to share your positive experience with Tripadvisor Community.
We are especially glad to read that you had a pleasant stay and you felt well taken care of by our dedicated team. I hope we may welcome you back soon!