“Breathtaking View & Peaceful Retreat” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Budapest - Castle District

You added Hilton Budapest - Castle District to your Saves list
Hilton Budapest - Castle District
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hess Andras ter 1 - 3 | Castle District, Budapest 1014, Hungary (District I / Buda)   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - Save 30%
Ranked #28 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
San Diego, California
“Breathtaking View & Peaceful Retreat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We arrived at night, and when we opened the door to our room on the sixth floor, we gasped. The view across the Danube River of the illuminated Parliament Building was like a postcard. It was beyond our expectation to have the iconic Budapest view from our own window. The room was comfortable, updated and enjoyable. I especially liked the nice variety of tea and coffee available in the room. The hotel breakfast features a wide variety of items, some familiar, and some deliciously Hungarian, like the paprika sausages and bread with bits of candied fruit. The smoked fish, the cheeses and the large selection of pastries ensured that no one should leave hungry. The waiter who served our table was extremely pleasant and professional. He kept the coffee cups full. We liked the neighborhood and the proximity to a number of restaurants, the famous St. Mathias Church, and Fisherman's Bastion. Oh my, I want to go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest - Castle District, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review after your recent visit.
I was delighted to read that you have had a memorable visit at our hotel. I am happy to hear that the room you stayed in offered you comfort, peace an unforgettable views to the city skyline of Budapest. I was also delighted to read that your found our restaurant team members to be friendly and helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Zoltán Árvai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (721)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is a really beautiful hotel in a stunning location with amazing views. The service was great and staff were professional.

Its in the middle of the Castle District and a perfect base for sight seeing. It is pretty easy to get across to Pest where there are more restaurant and bar options.

Room Tip: i would pay the extra charge for the rooms with the views across the danube. it was totally worth it...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at Hilton Budapest. The words you said about us make us feel inspired and very grateful.
Thank you for your high recommendation regarding our splendid location and the stunnig views. I am really glad to see that you felt well taken care of during your whole stay.

Crown Point, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We spent our pre-excursion here and it was perfect. You can't be more in the center of the Castle area. Breakfast was a meal with variety and quality that sustained us until dinner. Staff was totally professional with care and advice. You will love it! Evie from Indiana

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for sharing your positive experience on this website, I would like to personally respond and thank you.

I am glad to see that your impression of our staff and service was good and you felt well taken care of during your stay. I am grateful for your comments regarding the professional attitude of our Team and our unique location, I hope that we will be able to look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Budapest in the near future.

scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I loved this hotel as it was on the Buda side which I prefer. Room was large and all the extras
bathrobes, tea and coffee , aircon, great breafast. We had a great time would go back to this
hotel. Castle area quiet compared to Pest. Eating out more choice in Pest and for bars etc.

Room Tip: Ask for river view but you might have to pay extra.
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your positive comments on this website, I would like to personally respond and thank you.

I am glad to see that your impression of our staff and service was good and you felt well taken care of during your stay. I am grateful for your comments regarding our unique location, nevertheless I understand and respect your point of view.

Twin Cities, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We spent three days here late October and found the hotel service splendid in all ways: friendly staff, helpful concierge and best of all, Tibor in the executive lounge. The executive lounge is a wonderful perq with its strong wifi (pron wee-fee), food throughout the day after a full breakfast, with sufficiently heavy appetizers to make for an early supper if you're heading to the opera, ballet or concert (plays were out since we don't speak Hungarian). The wine offerings were all top rate and from the famous Eger region. We paid extra for a river view (do so) and my only critique is the location: you get the high view of the Danube and Pest, but other than the daytime castle/museum sightseeing atop Buda's hill where the hotel is located, all the action is across the river in Pest. It's not a far walk nor an expensive cab ride, but if you like to be immersed in the city, I'd recommend that you instead find accommodations in Pest.

Room Tip: Pay the premium and enjoy the Danube River view--it's worth it.
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for filling out a review on Trip Advisor.

I am particularly glad to see that your impression of our staff and service was good and you felt well taken care of during your stay. Thank you for your positive feedback regarding the professional attitude of our Team Members, especially that of Tibor, with whom we are proud to work together.

I am grateful for your kind comments regarding our unique location, nevertheless I understand and respect your point of view.

Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments. I hope that we will be able to look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Budapest.

Conneticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton hotel Budapest- Castle district. The hotel is in a lovely UNESCO heritage site with quite a bit to do - with castle, labrynths, museums and such nearby. Also a good number restraunts and cafe's (but not pubs) nearby. The hotel itself is slightly dated but still charming. The rooms with a view of Pest are excellent and the staff in the Lounge very attentive and helpful. Overall all staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Note: most of the nightlife is on the Pest side of the river and this hotel is on a very tall hill so the walk down is fine, but the walk back will take some stamina, the walk into Pest would be about 25 minutes, but it is pleasant enough, barring the hill.

Room Tip: chose a room with a view of Pest
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for filling out a review on Trip Advisor.

I am particularly glad to see that your impression of our staff and service was good and you felt well taken care of during your stay. Thank you for your feedback regarding the beautiful view and the unique location of our hotel.

Stevenage, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Just returned from 3 nights at this hotel and was really pleased with the room and the service.
Great location - although a little quiet around there at night so you do have to pay for taxis to go over to Pest if you want a bit of night life. So be prepared to pay this .
Found the staff on the reception desk and concierge extremely helpful.
My only slight moan about the hotel is theres little to do at night - the bar is a bit souless.
the other downside is that there is no pool in a 5 star hotel which is a shame and the internet connection is very poor - you have to pay to use scratch cards to connect for 30 mins to 2 hours but you have to use it all at once - not good.
for a 5 star hotel it should have free wifi i feel.
only a sauna and small fitness room - no spa.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for filling out a review on Tripadvisor. I am glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed the service our team provide.

I would like to advise you that we are just in the process of developing our current Internet service. As a result of this wi-fi will be provided complimentary in all public areas of the hotel as of 2013 and the new supplier will provide a quicker and better access. We expect to complete this project in the coming weeks.

As our hotel was built around the ruins of a 13th century monastery and cloister, there is no pool available in the area for sustainability reasons. However, there are splendid thermal spas and pools whithin 10 - 15 minutes drive away from the hotel. Our Concierge is pleased to give furhter advise.

we continue work hard to ensure all our guests are made to feel welcome. I hope you get another chance to experience Hilton Budapest in the future as I am sure if you do you will have a very pleasant stay.