Hotel location is a bonus, the island is lovely to walk around. Hotel restaurant was closed so eat in the sister Grand hotel buffet one night and it was fine. Pools in the spa are a real bonus, great place to relax after some very hot days at the GP.
The fountain at the other end of the island is well worth a visit after dark to see the light show. Room was comfortable if a bit dated decor, but everything worked fine.
There are not many restaurants near the hotel, a couple at the other end of the island, we got took by mistake by a taxi driver to an all you can eat and drink Troffergrill that is only ten minutes walk from the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Danubius Health Spa Resort Margitsziget is the city’s leading spa hotel, making use of a natural thermal spring on tranquil Margaret Island. The hotel is just ten minutes from the city centre, and boasts state-of-the-art facilities (including indoor and outdoor pools, sauna, steam room, aroma cabin and thermal bath, fitness room, beauty salon) and a range of treatments to help you relax and recharge. You can cycle or play tennis on Margaret Island, take a Danube cruise or enjoy a healthy and tasty meal in the excellent hotel restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Danubius Health Spa Resort Margitsziget reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Danubius Health Spa Resort Margitsziget Hotel Budapest
- Danubius Health Hotel Margitsziget
- Danubius Health Budapest