This week was the second time I've stayed here. I think it's one of Marriott's better appointed hotels in Europe, although you'd have no idea from the grim, grey outside. That said, Budapest's architecture is uniform in its grim, greyness, so you don't suffer by comparison.
Robosapiens comments about the similar uniformaity of breakfast made me smile. Yes - the same breakfast is offered each day. There's a chilled meat & cheese station, a fruit station, an English/US cooked breakfast station, a Japanese section, an omlette section, a cereal section, a bread section, a pastries section. I could go on. The breakfast offering is huge!
Two things make this hotel stand out for me;
1. The gym is a genuine spa and is big and good enough to attract non-hotel clients from the city. This isn't a pokey "fitness room". You can look forward to full and varied workouts here;
2. The view across the Danube to Buda is beasutiful, atmospheric and inspiring
My main gripe was the price, which at over 200Euro per night strikes me as astromnomical in a developing country like Hungary. It was also a lot higher than the rate I'd been briefed to expect.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Budapest
- Budapest Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Budapest Marriott Hotel is the only hotel in Budapest offering a magnificent Danube panorama from all of its 364 newly refurbished rooms. The hotel is located in the heart of the city, within walking distance of shopping, business and entertainment areas. Offering an extraordinary blend of comfort and convenience, sophisticated guest rooms and suites have been smartly designed with work areas, high-speed Internet and thoughtful appointments...all graced by soothing river views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Marriott, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Budapest Marriott Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.