“Small and great hotel - value for money” 5 of 5 stars

Beatrix Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Szeher ut 3, Budapest 1021, Hungary   |
Ranked #111 of 329 Hotels in Budapest
NL
“Small and great hotel - value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

We stayed 2 nights for the second year in Beatrix (stay and breakfast only), staff was friendly up to the last minute. we had to leave for airport early and the attendant did everything to help us with breakfast before 700 hours. It is clean and what you expect from a 3star hotel. includes free wireless (excellent reception)
conveniently to park you car inside hotel gate, and for travel to centre: some directions to help you: buy single fares to Moskwa square, there isan ATM there and ticketoffices for all public transport: buy day cards (one or more days) or family tickets for all your travel.
alternatively: buy a budapest card that includes public transport, musea etc directly at the hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Ransom Canyon, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2009

I am a retired US Ambassador and my family and I have been staying at the Beatrix for over ten years - since it was recommended by the US Embassy in Budapest when I was serving in Africa and looking for reasonably priced accomodations while vacationing in Budapest. We have been back every year, and have witnessed a superb establishment get even better and better year by year as the hotel improved its rooms and added dining space. Quality, service, responsiveness, helpfulness are all first rate - and value for price is unbeatable. In my twenty five plus year diplomatic service I have stayed at hundreds of hotels around the world in all price categories - and the Beatrix remains one of our favorites.

Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2008

August, 1993 was my first ten-day stay at the Beatrix. Its friendly, family-like atmosphere and excellent service made this "panzio" my obvious choice for our 2002 visit to Hungary, this time with my wife. We are left with fond memories and should there be another opportunity to visit Hungary - Beatrix will again be our choice.
S.A. ERDELYI - Toronto, Canada
Web site: www.alexerdelyi.com

Stayed August 2005
Carei
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2008

I stayed (sometimes inculding with my family) several times at the Hotel Beatrix. It's situated in one of the nicest neighbourhoods of Budapest, yet only a 10 minute tram ride away from the city center. The sorroundings, and he Hotel are both reasuringly quiet, and the staff is friendly.

Oh, by the way, the price was ok too (especially considering it's Budapest, and a three star accomodation). I'd recomend the Hotel Beatrix to anyone who travels to Budapest, especially for business purposes.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Eupen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2008

This was my second trip to Budapest, and as for the first time I choose Beatrix Hotel again. The hotel is situated not far away from the center but you still have to take a long tram ride to get to the first metro station. But it is worth every minute, when at the end of the day, tired from walking, visiting the city, you can relax in a calm neighbourhood. If you rent a car, than it is even easier, 15-20 minutes by car from the center, and the hotel has a closed parking lot. Also what I like about Beatrix is that, there aren't many rooms, so in the evening I don't hear much noise, like door banging etc. And most important in the morning, during a buffet type breakfast I don't have to wait in a line to get my morning coffee. On the buffet you will find cereals, cold cuts, cheese plate, sausage, jam, patee, and if you wish one of the three nice receptionist will make you a ham and eggs or scrambled eggs. It is a good way to start your day.
Also what I liked about the place is that the personal is very friendly, three girls at the reception (Marta, Gabriella, Timea) and two girls cleaning (Carmen, Edit). Easy to remember, because if you stay 3 to 4 nights you will meet them all. I could ask anything, they had the best solution to everything. Guided city tour, movie ticket, restaurants...
I recommend this place to all travellers looking for a quiet, clean, homely (if you are lucky you can meet the owner of the hotel and have a few words about hungarian economy,,, :)), not too busy, at a normal rate hotel.
If you decide to stay there, and had the same experience, let me know! And say hi from me to all the members from the staff!!!

• Liked — the hotel staff
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hofgastein
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2008

We had a very nice time at the Beatrix Panzio Hotel. It's in a pleasent area of Budapest, near to city center with super organised public transport. Nice and lovely, and the staff is very kind and helpful and they help in everything you need. We've had rich and tasty breakfast.
As a New Years surprice each room got a cold bottle of champagne.
We can recommend you this hotel to anybody who comes to Budapest.
Christopher Wagner

• Liked — familier atmosphere
  • Disliked — ..
  • Stayed December 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
West Midlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2007

Truly awful place to stay. Staff were extremley rude, very basic, bed like a washboard. How this hotel achieved three stars is beyond me. We moved to an alternative hotel after only one night. The food at breakfast was stale, the staff have no idea regarding customer service or even basic manners.

Stayed December 2007

Been to Beatrix Hotel? Share your experiences!