“Very good food, great service, amazing view.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European, Hungarian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Very good food, great service, amazing view.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

High quality Hungarian food with an amazing view and some of the best service we've had in our Czech-Austria-Hungary vacation. Not cheap by Budapest standards but worth it for the view,food and service.

Took our family here for our last night in Budapest/Europe and was not disappointed. The food was very good, I wouldn't say excellent as in my opinion Hungarian food is mostly similar but they did have some nice gourmet twists on some of the dishes. The goulash was called Grandmother's Goulash and was a little more hearty stew with potatoes and vegetables. Duck breast fillets were excellent. Very good wine list with high quality Hungarian wines, including a nice selection of dessert wines. Some very good fish and vegetarian options as well.

The waiters were a little stuffy but very efficient, the kind who are there by your side almost before you look for them, very nice change. We got a bit of a Carson (Downton Abbey) look when we asked our waiter to take our picture but he got the job done!

I highly recommend this restaurant for the view, food and excellent service especially for a special occasion.

Visited April 2014

• Hungarian first
Budapest, Hungary
“The best Duna view restaurant I recommend to my friend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

When my friends visit me in Budapest, I would always take them here because here you have a very good view of the castle and the chain bridge. The food here is very good quality and the bar at night is also great. I like the dessert here most, and the cost is very reasonable than the neighbor restaurant I should say.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“wedding anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Arrived in budapest the 13th February for our 20th anniversary on the 14th. Went down to Venhajo to try and book table. Met by member of staff who said she would get the manager Mr Padozdi Tamas. We were informed restaurant was fully booked, explained about wedding anniversary Mr Tamas said he would sort something and for us to arrive at . 9pm on the 14th. On arrival we were shown to a table on the terrace directly opposite Buda castle palace.( what a view). Mr Tamas came up to the table and presented to my wife something I had arranged later with him and wished her a happy anniversary. He had put himself out to organise a night I will always be grateful for. Thanks you My Tamas. Now to the food, we had goulash soup and goose breast salad. Mains Liz had turkey breast with brie, mine was perch pike fish, deserts sponge cake with chocolate sauce.) The food was superb taste wise and presentation, the waiter who looked after us was brilliant.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bristol, United Kingdom
“An excellent value waterfront restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We chose to have lunch here on our last day. A revamped old paddle steamer (you can see the engine room and paddle wheels) moored right next to Chain Bridge. We had a table with panoramic views of the Caste district and thoroughly enjoyed an 3 course meal (plenty of Hungarian choices) with excellent service. Pricey but good value all round - what a way to remember Budapest until next time..

Visited February 2014
Penmachno, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Romantic Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We expected this to be packed and overpriced. We were wrong. There were quite a few large parties of locals dining and the greeter took us right past all of these to a secluded area at the front of the boat. It was lovely and really made our holiday. The food and service were exemplary and reasonably priced. Highly recommended!

Visited January 2014