“I'd have felt ripped off, if the meal wasn't so cheap.” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Budapest, Hungary
“I'd have felt ripped off, if the meal wasn't so cheap.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I booked a meal for two here through the website and received the following mail:

"...Thank you for your reservation to our restaurant.
For you information I would like to tell you that we will have a new concept in the restaurant soon. So at the moment we have reduced menus. We don't serve a la carte. We have a Tapas Menu, a Dinner set menu and 5 course Degustation menu.
If you still wish we can make the reservation for you. And we are happy to keep you as our guest.
Please get back to me if you still wish to have the table..."

Having seen mostly positive reviews, I assumed the reduced menu would be ok, if it was a reduced version of the regular food. However, I'm thinking that "we will have a new concept" means "we lost our chef and don't have a new one yet". The service was lacklustre and there wasn't even a bread roll thrown in! The food was dull and bland. Considering that this restaurant was being tipped for a Michelin star, I felt like I was in any random cafe in town.

The restaurant itself is very attractive, but I definitely won't be back.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Food ok. Staff ar Rude”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Felt a bit like an old persons home with the decor but guess that's authentic. My Hungarian girlfriend wasn't impressed with the service, generally quit rude and rushing us. Food was authentic though hence the 3 out of 5. Wouldn't go back.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Budapest, Hungary
“Molecular cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

La Plaza is the restaurant of Iberostar Hotel in downtown Bp in a really nice neighborhood.

Traditional Spanish dishes are prepared using molecular techniques and are presented nicely. According to gastro-critics La Plaza is only a step away from receiving a Michelin star so the prices are reasonable. Waiters are real professionals and atmosphere is elegant.

Fine dining lovers are recommended to visit La Plaza.

Visited October 2013
Pasadena, California
“Service:)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

The way it should be! Great service, beautiful waitress, great Capaccio and assortment of breakfast choices for the money for sure.
I am a repeat customer and highly recommend for business and pleasure as you will not be disappointed.

Visited December 2013
Goirle, The Netherlands
“Go there!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

La Plaza Restaurant is to be found in the Iberostar Grand Hotel Budapest. We can recommended this restaurant for both leisure, business and family diners and lunch. Sergio, the chef of La Plaza belongs to the top of gourmet chefs. Reasonable prices too!

Visited November 2013