“Very nice indeed” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Very nice indeed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

the food was lovely, the wine was lovely, the staff were lovely, everything really was lovely, really nice relaxing atmosphere, very good choice on the menu and prices good too.

Visited March 2013

92% Recommend
Chicago, Illinois
“elBulli is Alive in Budapest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Visited the restaurant with colleagues and there wives while in Budapest recently and all I could think as I ate was ....... my gosh elBulli has risen from the ashes like a phoenix and is soaring in Budapest.

I decided on the 8 course tasting menu and all I can say is that the ensuing dining experience can only be described as epic.

My first course: Forest “La Plaza” with green asparagus, parmesan foam, air of thyme and rosemary, boletus mushrooms strewn with pine nuts an absolute delight.

My second course: A salad consisting of fresh seasonal micro cut vegetables with scallops, dried plums, and finished with a strawberry vinegar caviar an incredible combination of contrasting flavors that worked surprising well together another touch than evoked the spirit of eBulli for myself

Being that this was a tasting menu, I felt both could easily have been half their size, but because they were vegetables offerings were both easily consumed with vigor.

My third course: Cream of chestnut soup lightly highlighted with a Perigord sauce, White truffle oil and crowned with a cinnamon foam. This dish perhaps being the only variant of the meal that echoed more of France than the classic Spanish flavors I had enjoyed up till now but still very happily accepted.

My fourth course: Grilled rabbit with rice, sugar snap peas, Iberian ham and finest chanterelles

My fifth course: Sea Bass “Carta Fata” beautifully presented on a base of confite potatoes and tomato with olive tapenade

My sixth course & true highlight: Grilled Loin of venison seasoned with grey sea salt with carbonized vegetables extremely unique and again a true homage to the master Ferran Adrià and his vision

My seventh course: Homemade plum ice cream with fruit brandy and a slight hint of Tokaj sauce

My eighth course: “Café blanc” black Turkish coffee iota with white coffee foam, almond dacquoise and a Scottish whisky ice cream followed by Petit Fours

One of the true highlights of the evening being I am not a huge wine fan and more of a cocktail guy. Was the incredible tableside Gin & Tonic prepared right before your eyes. Ohhh! the scent of the toasted Rosemary and crushed mint melding with fresh citrus I can still smell it. Half show man ship half molecular gastronomy 100% DELICIOUS

Overall the most impressive aspect of the whole restaurant and dining experience would be that the staff all go out of their way to create a quiet and relaxing atmosphere for you to dine in. Unpretentious and unstuffy with a true artistic dining experience as their goal.

All I can say La Plaza is one of the nicest dining experiences you will have in Budapest. Tyr it you will not be disappointed I promise.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
“Ditto: BEST Gin & Tonic ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

I have never had a tableside Gin & Tonic, until Peter created a masterpiece in front of my eyes!
He toasted rosemary and captured the aroma in an upside down glass. Hendricks, and slices of line and cucumber completed the ensemble. Extraordinary! Cheers!
Ask for the "Gergo" Gin & Tonic!

N. Ireland
“Fabulous!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Best food we have had in any country we have been to! Flavours are out of this world! Quiet and relaxing atmosphere and the staff are very attentive and helpful.

Visited March 2013
Stourbridge
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Excellent food and service. Tasting menus are a true food experience. We had the best Gin and Tonic I have ever tasted.

Visited February 2013