“Excellent wine, trendy atmosphere, beware of prices” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Innio Wine Bar

Innio Wine Bar
Oktober 6. street 9, Budapest, Hungary (Formerly Innio)
+36 70 311 1010
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #406 of 1,865 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Bar, Bistro, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Innio is one of the hippest places to sip wine in Budapest. A wide Hungarian selection complemented by a number of international labels make this city center wine bar the best choice for a night out. The wine list is extensive, with up to 300 varieties, accompanied by a bar food list.
Vienna, Austria
“Excellent wine, trendy atmosphere, beware of prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

This is an upscale wine bar in the centre of Budapest. It is new, trendy, and the guests are mostly foreigners and upper class Hungarians in their 30s and 40s. There is a DJ (at least on weekends) playing great music and yes, it gets loud. If you do not like it, there are many quiet places for you in Budapest. We loved the music.

Service is fast and professional. Place gets quite full on evenings. Smoking is prohibited but there is an area with tables outside on the street where guests go for a smoke and chat. Management is very professional. When we email them they responded promptly.

This place would definitely get 5. However, the wine prices are too high. And on the top of that, there are hidden costs that the guests do not know about. They charge 12.5% service charge. We did not eat. We were drinking wine, vodka, and juice and they charged additional 12.5% as service charge. Maybe there is a small print about this in the menu but it is surely not visible. What a shame.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Weehawken, New Jersey
“On the fence - food was good, but overall overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I'm on the fence with this restaurant but suffice it to say I would not go back. The wine is overpriced - it appears to be inexpensive on the menu but you are really only getting a half pour (It's partially my fault as I do need to brush up on my understanding of the metric system). The food is ok. Some of our dishes, like the mushroom gnocchi and spaghetti carbonara, were pretty good. The cheese platter was disappointing. Both my husband's and my stomach hurt after eating here and I was randomly ill in the middle of the night. I'm not 100% this restaurant's food is to blame as my husband was never sick and the only things I ate that he didn't were the mushrooms and the blue cheese. Our server was nice. The ambiance has a clubby feel. I hope I'm not being to biased with my review, but even if I hadn't gotten sick, I would not return given that it felt overpriced.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Geneva, Switzerland
“Nice wine but poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

We arrived there late from the street wo/ booking. They did not have table for 4, suggested us to sit down at the bar, so if a table frees up we can take it. In the meanwhile other people came in from the street, and they made them sit down which we found very disappointing, and shortly left.
I found the music too loud to talk over a glass of wine.
On the other hand the wines that the staff recommended was very nice.

Visited January 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“Not what we had expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

The personnel was not polite enough and did not speak english. The menu was in hungarian only so you should have imagination in order to order your drinks.

Paris
“What a cozy warm wine bar!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

To be fair, I was only here for wine...not food. Warm cozy place with helpful and attentive staff. The place has nooks and crannies that are perfect for groups or intimate get together. And they actually do have a bar with seats which is unique here.

• Visited December 2013