“Perfect place for traveller” 4 of 5 stars

BlackSheep Hostel Budapest
Akacfa utca 7., Budapest 1072, Hungary (District VII / Jewish Quarter)   |
Ranked #125 of 557 Specialty Lodging in Budapest
Milano, Italia
“Perfect place for traveller”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I was in sept 2012 in Black sheep hostel. The place is comfortable and clean; the staff is really nice. I spend 3 days in budapest and when I arrived at the hostel I felt at home even if I was there alone. Also the price was not so expensive.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Farnborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This was my first time staying in a hostel and I wasn't really sure what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised by this friendly and quirky little hostel in the heart of Budapest.The staff are nice and friendly and are more than happy to help. This hostel is excellent value for money, for an the outrageously good price, we were given a nice bed, internet access, a clean shower and a buffet breakfast! And as if that wasn't good enough, one night the staff were kind enough to cook us a traditional Hungarian meal, free of charge! It was an absolute pleasure to stay at Black sheep, and I would goback in an instant. One negative would be thar just after coming back my friend who I was travelling with got a few bites which may well have been from the hostel. Although for such a great price, I guess these are the things that happen, although i'm sure they are not frequent. Bites aside I loved this hostel and it was a great place to stay for a few nights in Budapest.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Domazlice, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Another great hostel. We stayed just one night in dorm, very friendly staff, everything very clean, very nice athmosphere. It is small hostel, but i think it is very positive. Location is good, some pubs around hostel, also Keleti station is in walking distance. Hostel is in upper floors. As many other hostels in Europe, this one is perfect backpackers meeting point, too.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Taunton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I never write reviews really, but with this lovely little hostel I promised the staff I would.. I'm just sorry it took me so long! Small, easy to find, clean little kitchen and rooms, free wifi and great price.. there's not much more I can say.. apart from the staff were super friendly and helpful. Would definitely visit again.. has set the bar for hostels as far as I'm concerned :)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Yogyakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Nice little hostel to chill for a couple of days. Decent wifi, bathrooms and small kitchen. The best thing for me was that they were very accommodating when they didn't have room for me and my four friends were staying there, so they offered to put in another bed in the room for me. Nice.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Vail, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

We stayed one night, after two nights at Black Sheep's sister hostel, Njoy. The staff at Black sheep was very nice and helpful, but the hostel itself is a bit run down. I think they could use to close for a few days and repaint, update the bathrooms.

The neighborhood is far from the river and very loud, through the night, there is a casino on the corner. Not as charming as many of the other neighborhoods. But, lots of transport options, metro and tram, 30 seconds away.

We stayed in a double with a very comfy bed and a fan (yes!). Again, just as at Njoy, the bathroom is not ensuite, and I feel like 40 euro is alot for a double without private bath.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

This hostel is fantastic. I went to Budapest on my own and stayed in a hostel with the hope of meeting new people. The great thing about this hostel is that it is small, so you gain a real sense of community and get to know everyone staying there. The location is also fantastic, couldn't be better, and it's cheap!
It's quite hard to find, just a small door on the street and when you take the lift up, you question what on earth have I let myself in for! But then you enter and it's well kitted out, clean and very friendly. All you could ask for!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo