“Wonderful atmosphere in the heart of Budapest” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #335 of 1,780 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Hungarian, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The 100 Years Old Restaurant which is hosted the oldest restaurant in Budapest in 1831, opened in the heart of the ground floor of a baroque palace. 80 Guests can enjoy the finest Hungarian and international cuisine and the most excellent wines from Hungary in the contemporary atmosphere, rustic furnishing and an elegant environment. In the evening candlelight and pleasant gypsy music completes the gastronomic experience.
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Wonderful atmosphere in the heart of Budapest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I have really enjoyed my stay in Budapest, especially the dinner that we had in Szazeves Etterem restaurant. As I have mentioned it in the title, the atmosphere was amazing, and the service was perfect. It was my first time in Hungary and I haven't tried any Hungarian meals before, but now I can tell you it's extremely delicious, and the wine was great. I really recommend this restaurant for everyone. Skål! :)

• Greek first
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
“Nice dinner in Budapest!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We we're here last weekend from Romania and we had a great time. We sow that was very much people but the waiters was very kind with us and they told us it will be a little longer time to wait for the food. The meal was so nice and tasty. We will go there next time again.

Guildford, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We had a nice dinner in this restaurant. The food was delicious, the stuff was hospitable.
The live Hungarian music made unforgettable memory. I recommend to everyone!!!!

Copenhagen, Denmark
“Everything was as I've expected!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Last week we have spent a hole week in Budapest with my family and a hungarian freind of mine told me to go there

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Zadar, Croatia
“what a disappointment!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We (a group of 6 people) went there based on the recommandation read on your pages. Service was terrible, slow and indifferent, like they hated us there. They let us to bring together 2 tables so we can all sit together by ourseleves, we had to ask for the missing forks more than few times!!! The food was average, not bad but nothing special, the only thing that saved the evening was nice live music played by group of musicians. I would say: go there only if you are very hungry and every other restaurant in Budapest center is closed!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere