“Did not have a pleasant experience.” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #139 of 186 activities in Budapest
Anchorage, Alaska
4 attraction reviews
“Did not have a pleasant experience.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

The sites we visited were of course beautiful and I am just here to review the services I received. I booked a day trip to Lake Balaton and Herend. First of all, I was told that they would arrive at 9 am. So I was still getting ready when, at around 8:45 am, the front desk at the hostel told me that there is a lady already waiting for me downstairs and that I was already late. (WHAT?!) I then throw away my half-eaten breakfast, hurriedly go down, only to see the lady that I'd been in touch with via email WAITING for the van. Props to her though for making sure I was entertained by trying to converse with me, but really? I didn't even get to have a proper breakfast and I spent 45 minutes waiting with her. Every 5 or 10 minutes, she would make a phone call and she kept telling me that they were coming "soon." Finally, the van arrives at 9:30 am, and we still had to pick up a couple of other already impatient guests at the other meeting place. What I didn't like about the guy who drove us was that he seemed to be in a rush and kept on saying things like, "Oh you don't need to see that..." so we ended up driving past some of what I believe would have been great photo ops. I don't know if it was because we were late coming in, but he did that the whole time. In one of the places we visited, he stops showing us around halfway and says something like, "The rest of these aren't really important so let's go..." I understand traffic can be bad, but I find it unprofessional to be rushed like that. I don't think he handled it pretty well. I think there are more diplomatic ways to tell us we had limited time in the places we visited. Again, this is not a review of the places we visited. I'd recommend going to Balaton and Herend, but I say pick another agency or do it on your own.

Visited May 2013