“Good food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Buddha Original

Buddha Original
V. kerulet, Terez Krt. 46, Budapest 1066, Hungary (Formerly Thai Buddha Etterem)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #896 of 1,987 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Delivery, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

After a couple of days in Budapest it was relieving to find food that actually tasted something. Good food and wine for the money spent. The staff was friendly and quick. The outdoor tables were next to one of Budapest's main roads, so one has to endure some traffic noise. All in all, a very good place to eat.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Czech first
Warsaw, Poland
“nice pad thai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

it was not really the same as I had in Thailand but it was close enough to be given a good note. Would be interested in trying something else on another visit.

Visited May 2013
San Diego, California
“Careful for overcharging on drinks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I was craving Thai food after being in Budapest a few weeks. I got the yellow chicken curry, which wasn't the best I've ever had, but it was pretty ok (around 1900 huf). My eating partner got a mint lemon chicken baguette and it was really tasty, and a great value at around 1000 huf. Neither dish had any spice, so we asked for some hit chili sauce, which helped. All was good, then we asked for the check. I had ordered an orange juice as my beverage because on the menu, it said it was only 180 huf which is really cheap! When the bill came, the OJ was 500-something. So I asked the waiter about the discrepancy and they said the 180 price was only for .1 deciliter (or something?) and that by default, they always give you .3 (or something). But I said, "I pointed to the orange juice on the menu, which says 180 huf, and that was what I wanted." If this is some cultural thing where they always bring you more than what you ask for, they should at least tell you. I was not happy about this, but rather than argue we just paid it. So we careful when you order beverages because they might give you more than what is shown on the menu-- I think the soda works the same way. Imagine ordering soda by tenths of a deciliter....

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Realy great food,with really fully flavored which is very hard to find here in Hungary
As well to great feeling inside. Nice staff and a great place to enjoy good food with friends

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Good basic Thai food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Pay no attention to the revolting photos of half eaten dishes that have been posted here. The food is perfectly fine and reasonably priced. My only negative comment is that twice we have ordered vegetable spring rolls for starters and they have been served more or less cold. They were sent back and then brought back slightly less cold. Everything else is pleasant enough for us to return regularly.