“One of our favorite tours!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 288 Activities in Budapest
More attraction details
Owner description: I will show you MY city, what I love about it, what I think is unique and special! My tours illuminate the history of Budapest and her people - I hope very much - in an unconventional and amusing way!
Los Angeles, CA
22 attraction reviews
“One of our favorite tours!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Gabriella made our short stay in Budapest amazing. We booked her for a 4 hour driving tour by minivan. She was incredibly knowledgable about history, sights, food, lifestyle, you name it. In the winter months she is an english teacher so she was excellent in relating to my teenagers. She kept them on their toes by including them in conversations and questions. She moved at a fast pace (which we wanted) and covered a lot of ground. We really fell in love with Budapest thanks to Gabriella If we could do it again we would have booked her for 2 half day tours instead of one. There is just sooooo much to see and learn about in Budapest

st. louis
“Wonderful tour of Budapest and Szentendre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We recently hired Gabby for a private tour of Budapest and Szentendre. It was a wonderful day. Gabby picked us up in her air conditioned car which we really appreciated due to the heat. She took us all over Budapest and then we drove out to Szentendre. She is very easy to be with, her English is great and she is incredibly knowledgable. We really enjoyed our day.

Calgary, Canada
“Fantastic Private Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We booked a private tour with Gabriella on our visit to Budapest. We found her very knowledgeable and friendly. We were there during the Danube flooding (June) so the traffic was at its worst but we still managed to see all the sights. Gabriella takes your life experiences, beliefs and personal lists of what you want to see and customizes a fantastic tour. She makes you feel like you are friends and not strangers travelling in her city. Gabriella is a gem and we would highly recommend her. Her website is www.privatetoursbudapest.com She will give you a personal tour and make your trip to Budapest a memorable one.

6 attraction reviews
“Budapest my favorite European City.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

When making arrangements to visit Budapest in my European travels, guide books had suggested hiring a local guide. Gabriella was very knowedgeable of the history of Hungary and Budapest. I did not feel like a tourist but as though I was visiting a friend and she was showing me her city. We did a 4 hr car tour of Budapest on our first full day and a 8 hr tour the next day up to the Danube Bend area. This was my first visit to Hungary and Gabriella has made it one of the most memorable ones in all my travels. I leave Hungary with a new appreciation of the people, country, and history of the area. I strongly recommend that anyone planning a trip to Budapest should schedule a tour with Gabriella.

Austin, Texas
15 attraction reviews
“Invaluable insider's view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Gabriella was a marvelous host - welcoming, enthusiastic, informative. She helped my niece and I to fall in love with her city. I can't imagine enjoying and learning Budapest nearly as much without her guidance! We arranged three tours with her -- an evening driving tour, a morning walk-and-tram tour of Budapest highlights, and a tasting tour. All three were well worth it. Really helped us orient to the city so that our time our own could be well-spent. Her son Robert guided our night driving tour, which was a treat for my niece who was close to his age. He was friendly, relaxed, full of not only historical information but also gave us a glimpse into the contemporary youth culture & politics of his home. Absolutely stunning views - Gabi & Robert were right, there are some sights best seen at night for full effect. So glad we took morning tours with Gabi the next two days, as she gave us good maps and many suggestions about where to go and how to get around on our own in the afternoons & evenings. We learned so much about the past, present, and future of the city and country. Gabi took us to the major sights but also showed us local "hidden treasures" such as the stand-up cake cafe that she used to go to as a girl and a Retro Bar in the university district. It was fascinating to hear her perspective of life before and after the fall of the communist government. Our tasting tour was my favorite. We gave Gabi a steep challenge because both of us are vegetarian, but she did a fantastic job introducing us to so many delicious non-meat products and flavors of Hungary, starting at the Great Market Hall and moving to several shops & cafes around Pest while doing a little sightseeing at the same time. She is very willing & capable of customizing the tours to individual interests and requirements -- for instance, when she learned I have an interest in theatre, she took us down the "Hungarian Broadway" street and showed us what was happening on the theatre scene. Both Gabi and Robert spoke impeccable English and were great ambassadors for Budapest and the Hungarian people. She made our experience so much richer than it would have been on our own!