“Phenomenal - VERY highly recommend!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 163 Tours & Activities in Budapest
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: I will show you MY city, what I love about it, what I think is unique and special! My tours illuminate the history of Budapest and her people - I hope very much - in an unconventional and amusing way!
Raleigh, North Carolina
39 attraction reviews
“Phenomenal - VERY highly recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Gabriella is amazing. She has a true gift for history and being a tour guide. Her English is extremely good. The fact she drives you to the places was so nice - we could save our energy for stairs and touring, vs walking from parking lots. Gabriella easily and quickly adjusted our day to match the weather, traffic and our interests. We did the 7 hour tour and saw so many things. (our heads were almost spinning, it was so much - but we were only there for one day). I had made the arrangements via email with Gabriella, which was easy. She met us at the train station, and took us back at the end of the day (making sure we got onto the right train as well). We asked her a lot of questions about Buda and Pest, about Vienna, Bratislava, plus about her own life growing up under communism, plus her families. It was very interesting to hear. The fact that Gabriella knew so much history to relay to us, made the buildings and statues we saw much more interesting than just viewing them ourselves. I learned from her the reasons why statues were facing as they were, the symbolism etc (made me think I've missed out on that with statues in other cities!).
I will definitely recommend Gabriella to everyone I know, plus plan another trip and hire her again. Well worth the money!

Visited March 2013
budapester, Manager at Gabriella's Private Tours Budapest, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Tracie, Thank you very much for your kind words! Warm regards, Gabriella

Rockhampton, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Gabriella is the perfect host of an amazing city. See all the sights plus the hidden treasures without feeling like you stand out as a tourist. So much to see and do - fantastic recommendations from Gabby - a true guide to Budapest.

Visited January 2013
budapester, Owner at Gabriella's Private Tours Budapest, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Belinda,
Thank you for your kind words and the recommendation!
wakefield
“a historical wonder”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

we spent a full morning soaking up the culture and history of budapest with gabrielle. she was very knowledgeable and a good companion - with a sense of humour.i would recommend her very strongly to anyone visiting the city to get a full idea of what the country has been through and why it is where it is now.

Visited October 2012
Pender Island, Canada
32 attraction reviews
“A Speical Personalized Tour Gabriella's Budapest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

If you are in Budapest for a few days, I highly recommend that you take Gabriella's 4 hour Foot and Tram Tour of the City. It is a very different way to see the city to the standard tours offered. Gabriella's love of Budapest, its history and people is there for you to enjoy. It is such a pleasant way to enjoy this special place and its out of the way places. She focuses on providing the tour that is tailored to your interest. The tour is informative and easy to understand. Plus if youj are an active traveler, this is for you.

Visited November 2012
BC
“Budapest by tram, bus and on foot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Two friends and I hired Gabriella for a four hour tour. She quickly determined what we would see on the tour provided by our river cruise boat and then proceeded to show us wonderful places in her city that would not be on the Viking agenda. Gabriella did not disappoint. She is very knowledgeable and passionate about her city and its history. We travelled by transit and on foot to the Parliament Buildings, a Farmer's Market, Freedom Square, the Opera House, Broadway, Andrassy Street, the Baths and Vajhunyad Castle in City Park, before heading for Buda and riding up to Castle Hill - to the areas where many tourists do not go. Along the way Gabriella showed us her favourite cafes, made sure that we had WC and water breaks and asked us many questions about ourselves, to better help her tailor our tour to our interests. We learned so many things from this warm and wonderful woman! We also used her restaurant suggestions and they were excellent. I would definitely recommend her and if I return to Budapest she will be the first guide I call!

Visited October 2012